ImageImageImageImageImage

[Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#141 » by VancouverRaps » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:29 pm

Yeah, this is a massive blow to the tank. This guy probably puts us in Philly/Milwaukee tier. Even the Magic barely played this guy because they knew he’d kill their tank.

Masai will never learn smh. Already mentally preparing myself for a stupid 2nd round or ECF massive L
We the Champs
GLF
Junior
And1: 393

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#142 » by GLF » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:37 pm

I've accepted the tank even though I wouldn't say I'm team tank but y'all are delusional if you think this signing detroys the tank lol. My man said Milwaukee and Philly level bahahaahahaah. Naw boss trust me we aren't making the playoffs lol. And we still need to be 100% healthy for Birch to even truly help us. If Fred and Kyle are both still out for a good while longer nothing is changing
deep818
Assistant Coach
And1: 523

Post#143 » by deep818 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:42 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Yeah, this is a massive blow to the tank. This guy probably puts us in Philly/Milwaukee tier. Even the Magic barely played this guy because they knew he’d kill their tank.

Masai will never learn smh. Already mentally preparing myself for a stupid 2nd round or ECF massive L

:lol:
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#144 » by Ramed Nazored » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:43 pm

Better than Bayne’s in every way. Can we waive Bayne’s now?
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#145 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:43 pm

VanVleet
Trent Jr.
Anunoby
Siakam
Birch

='Ship
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,803

Post#146 » by ash_k » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:54 pm

has he signed yet?
I see the Hornets and the Pacers dropping.
The Bulls integrating Vucevic.
We must make the playoffs. We must find out what we have with GTjr.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#147 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:57 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:VanVleet
Trent Jr.
Anunoby
Siakam
Birch

='Ship

What type of ship is the question. I say friendship. Those guys will hang out all the time. :hug:
Ska needs to make a comeback.
GLF
Junior
And1: 393

Post#148 » by GLF » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:59 pm

Trent Jr.
Anunoby
Siakam
Birch

='Ship

This isn't a bad lineup for next season. You'd probably want someone better than Birch starting and have Birch come off the bench but yea. Boucher definitely need to become a full time 4 next season though. He can't handle playing the 5 physically and his defence actually isn't very good as a whole. He makes too many boneheaded mistakes
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach

Post#149 » by Ramed Nazored » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:31 pm

Trent Jr.
Anunoby
Siakam
Birch

='Ship

For real though, that’s not a bad looking starting 5.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach

Post#150 » by Ramed Nazored » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:32 pm

GLF wrote:
Trent Jr.
Anunoby
Siakam
Birch

='Ship

This isn't a bad lineup for next season. You'd probably want someone better than Birch starting and have Birch come off the bench but yea. Boucher definitely need to become a full time 4 next season though. He can't handle playing the 5 physically and his defence actually isn't very good as a whole. He makes too many boneheaded mistakes

Indeed.

Slim’s cool but he’s an awful off ball/on ball defender and his tendency to jump on simple upfakes is infuriating. He can block shots, that’s really it.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,890

Post#151 » by Merit » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:40 pm

About time. Canadian Towers to the rescue (next season).
I believe in Masai.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,771

Post#152 » by Zeno » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:48 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:Better than Bayne’s in every way. Can we waive Bayne’s now?

We can ‘rest’ Baynes now but waiving him is a bad idea because his non-guaranteed deal may be needed in a trade during the off-season.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#153 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:49 pm

Birch is a decent backup big, i don't think effects the tank but it will save our forwards from having to play so much C
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,890

Post#154 » by Merit » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:16 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:Yeah, this is a massive blow to the tank. This guy probably puts us in Philly/Milwaukee tier. Even the Magic barely played this guy because they knew he’d kill their tank.

If this gets us to the Philly/Milwaukee Tier, then I hope to goodness we play spoiler instead of getting into the play-in round and teams observe how great our core is and choose to sign here as free agents or heck - even force their way here.
I believe in Masai.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#155 » by Spida888 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:30 pm

This is a bit of a baffling move if the FO's motive was to stealth tank. Maybe the coaches/players raised concerns of having OG/Siakam playing extended minutes at C and putting a toll on their bodies.

This move won't make us good enough to make the play-in (not that I want to), especially if Chicago beats us tonight. Unfortunately, it may net us a few more wins where in a tight tank race can make us drop a few draft positions.

Hopefully, this move doesn't come back to bite us.
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#156 » by WeThe2019Champs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:44 pm

Hope so! we need serious help at the C.
No More Tanking!
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,253

Post#157 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:49 pm

Trent Jr.
Anunoby
Siakam
Birch

='Ship

In the G-League.

#dynastybegins
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#158 » by Mr Funk » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:58 pm

elmer_yuck wrote:7 pages about possibly signing Khem Birch, one of the most mediocre players in the NBA, who happens to be Canadian.

Yeah, the audacity of Raptor fans to discuss the potential signing of a Canadian player who has good potential to be a solid role/bench player we desperately need, as our bench and centres this season have been unmitigated trash.

Instead, we should have more threads about how Bobby/Masai apparently got fleeced trading Norm, that we should trade for cookie dough like Wiggins or KAT, should've traded Kyle for an assorted array of scrubs, and how generic board member (insertion of made-up name: RapsFan420) can apparently do a better job than Masai.

NUCKER101 wrote:Masai will never learn smh. Already mentally preparing myself for a stupid 2nd round or ECF massive L

Not sure if sarcasm or serious?

We got a good backup for next year and for the remainder of this season, we can prevent OG and Pascal from getting further worn down playing out of position. But hey, if this scrappy, Covid plagued team without a bench and quality starting centre makes the playoffs and upsets some "contenders" lol while securing a decent position in the draft, that's kind of cool you know? We'd stand no chance against Miami, but everyone else are flawed or over hyped b.s.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#159 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:03 pm

For real I'd love it if he was our back up center next season
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#160 » by TD2FutureStar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:18 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:For real I'd love it if he was our back up center next season

As long as we give him a max deal I'm ok w it

Return to Toronto Raptors