Who comes out of the West?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

West Finals

Utah
8%
Clippers
13%
Suns
15%
Denver
28%
Lakers
29%
Others
6%

Total votes: 183

LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Re: Who comes out of the West? 

Post#61 » by LakersSoul » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:39 pm

Like Jazz and Nuggets, the Suns are getting slept on severely!! This is a solid team with vets CP, Saric and Crowder. This is not the immature team from a few years back. They also quietly added a defensive wing in Craig who was good in Denver but never was able to get good minutes behind Grant.

With CP, they could surprise a few team and make the finals. They sure are built to take a team like the Clippers down.

Last year, it felt like a two team fight in the West, Lakers and Clippers before Denver crashed that party. This year although LA teams will be favorites, the new bloods will want to take the next step.

Denver
Utah
Phoenix

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,623

Post#62 » by Roger Murdock » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:59 pm

Beethoven wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:It just doesnt feel like the Lakers year. Too beat up, havent been healthy or on same page all year.

If they get to full strength they are certainly favorites but it just feels like one of those years where it goes wrong.

Right. Keep wishing.

He's got a point. Let's not net fan this.

What a clown response from that dude. I say you guys are unhealthy and would be favorites otherwise and it’s like I have an agenda?

Lake show are the best team and current a 5 seed and dropping. Typically that means things ain’t working out according to plan
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#63 » by Dmagic » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:03 pm

people people people..denver nuggets. put the house on it
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#64 » by Dmagic » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:05 pm

suns need to win a playoff series and chris paul needs to make it to the wcf to not be a disappoointment imo and add to his legacy
Jordan Stopper
Sophomore
And1: 216

Post#65 » by Jordan Stopper » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:57 pm

Clippers for me

With Rondo on board, he can keep people (ahem PG) accountable.

Actually, I think they match up with the Nets better than any other team in the League. This is their best chance to win it all. Just like the Heatles, the Nets will be at their most vulnerable during the first year of their big three experiment. The Lakers are injury plagued, and I still don't think Denver is good enough.

It's now or never, and I think they know it.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#66 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:06 pm

Gotta see Rondo with the Clippers more.
Doranku
Veteran
And1: 5,721

Post#67 » by Doranku » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:11 pm

I honestly think the Lakers are gonna need a little luck with the seeding to make it out of the West. If the playoffs were to start today, Lakers would have a potential gauntlet of Denver, Jazz, Clippers. That is absolutely brutal for a team that hasn't been able to play together very much at all this season.

They're gonna need to gel quick once everyone is healthy because the West is no joke this year. Gonna be night and day from what they saw from the West in the bubble.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#68 » by LakersSoul » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:53 pm

Doranku wrote:I honestly think the Lakers are gonna need a little luck with the seeding to make it out of the West. If the playoffs were to start today, Lakers would have a potential gauntlet of Denver, Jazz, Clippers. That is absolutely brutal for a team that hasn't been able to play together very much at all this season.

They're gonna need to gel quick once everyone is healthy because the West is no joke this year. Gonna be night and day from what they saw from the West in the bubble.

Nothing like showing the greatness by taking down all the contenders in the West. That would be an epic run.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."

Return to The General Board