ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,890

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#741 » by drsd » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:40 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:I'm not ready to give up on Fultz per se. I just consistently try to push back on the narrative that he was amidst a breakout pre-injury, or that he can still become the player he was at Washington. We have to adjust our expectations at this point.

You don't draft players to fit his playing style. If the BPA on the board is a PG you take him.

This is fine. But I see BPA as the two SGs over Suggs. Green looks to be an offensive star and Cunningham looks to be a well-rounded two -way player. I value either of those over Suggs upside, which for me is "The next CJ McCollum".

If Orlando is drafting 4th and the choice is between Suggs, Kuminga, Barnes and Moody; sure - Orlando must draft Suggs.

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#742 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:44 pm

drsd wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I'm not ready to give up on Fultz per se. I just consistently try to push back on the narrative that he was amidst a breakout pre-injury, or that he can still become the player he was at Washington. We have to adjust our expectations at this point.

You don't draft players to fit his playing style. If the BPA on the board is a PG you take him.

This is fine. But I see BPA as the two SGs over Suggs. Green looks to be an offensive star and Cunningham looks to be a well-rounded two -way player. I value either of those over Suggs upside, which for me is "The next CJ McCollum".

If Orlando is drafting 4th and the choice is between Suggs, Kuminga, Barnes and Moody; sure - Orlando must draft Suggs.

I’m not sure how anyone can watch Jalen Suggs and come up with CJ McCollum as their NBA Player Comp.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#743 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:01 pm

for next season, I'd try to sign Olynk as our backup PF and emergency 3rd C. His spacing & rebounding would do well for Mo and the rest of our team.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#744 » by Skybox » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:03 pm

Washington let Jerome Robinson go...obviously, didn't show anything but he's a young, good-sized combo guard with a projection as a good 3pt shooter...should we invite him to our tryouts?
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#745 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:07 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:for next season, I'd try to sign Olynk as our backup PF and emergency 3rd C. His spacing & rebounding would do well for Mo and the rest of our team.

I like that idea, is there a younger version of him?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,890

Post#746 » by drsd » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:38 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:for next season, I'd try to sign Olynk as our backup PF and emergency 3rd C. His spacing & rebounding would do well for Mo and the rest of our team.

bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,069

Post#747 » by bigdogdylan5 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:29 pm

Per Clifford Harris has a good chance of playing tomorrow!
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#748 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:30 pm

drsd wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:

lol
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#749 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:49 pm

drsd wrote:
JBSouthpaw wrote:

Doesn't shoot 3s.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#750 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:12 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
drsd wrote:

I’m not sure how anyone can watch Jalen Suggs and come up with CJ McCollum as their NBA Player Comp.

Same her. Thats a waaay off-base. If we are talking about POR players, Brandon Roy maybe is nearer in comparison than CJ
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#751 » by The Effect » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:55 pm

What about waiving Bacon and using that roster spot to bring in a recent lotto pick in Jerome Robinson?

I know he hasnt really shown anything, but the guy was the 13th pick in 2018, might be worth the audition, no? We have nothing to lose at this point
The Effect

Post#752 » by The Effect » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:57 pm

RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
drsd wrote:

Same her. Thats a waaay off-base. If we are talking about POR players, Brandon Roy maybe is nearer in comparison than CJ

I actually think Dame
Both are fiery, have good size for the position, have range on their shot, tremendous leaders....I dont know, could be something there
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,683

Post#753 » by basketballRob » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:57 pm

The Effect wrote:What about waiving Bacon and using that roster spot to bring in a recent lotto pick in Jerome Robinson?

I know he hasnt really shown anything, but the guy was the 13th pick in 2018, might be worth the audition, no? We have nothing to lose at this point
I watched a few Wizards games and Robinson is really bad. Bacon is way better than him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
The Effect

Post#754 » by The Effect » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:58 pm

basketballRob wrote:
The Effect wrote:What about waiving Bacon and using that roster spot to bring in a recent lotto pick in Jerome Robinson?

I watched a few Wizards games and Robinson is really bad. Bacon is way better than him.

Then wouldnt it better to have robinson for the tank?? :lol:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,683

Post#755 » by basketballRob » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:01 pm

The Effect wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Then wouldnt it better to have robinson for the tank??
He'd definitely help the tank. Still can't believe Philly traded the home town kid, Mikal Bridges for him.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#757 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:45 pm

Lol cmon guys, are we looking at another reclamation project for Birch's spot?

I think the FO is just getting ready for the moves when we use our 2nd FRP or the SRP to draft a big ( hopefully its the Garza, Hurt and other big shooters )
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#758 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:46 am

basketballRob wrote:
The Effect wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I watched a few Wizards games and Robinson is really bad. Bacon is way better than him.

Then wouldnt it better to have robinson for the tank??
He'd definitely help the tank. Still can't believe Philly traded the home town kid, Mikal Bridges for him.

That was Zhaire Smith (not Robinson)
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#759 » by RookieStar » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:50 am

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I actually think Dame
Both are fiery, have good size for the position, have range on their shot, tremendous leaders....I dont know, could be something there

Dame doesnt have the build/physicality of a Suggs/Roy though. Same as that Both dont have the range of Dame.

Isnt Dame 6'2-6'3 while roy/suggs are near 6'5?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,221

Post#760 » by pepe1991 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:31 am

Suggs gives me star vibes more than most other prospects this year.
But my comparison for him agrees with opinion of Mike Schmitz, Jrue Holiday just without elite defense.

But he kind a reminds me on Derron Williams as well,but Derron was better passer but less athletic.

If you can get Derron Wiliams / Jrue Holiday hybrid, that's pretty good returning value.

"Worst" case is Eric Bledsoe, where he simply isn't good enough shooter to be above average PG.

His jumpshot shows some red flags.

Cade is fundamentally sounded but he really isn't elite at anything. Mediocre athelete who people compare with Doncic, but has nowhere near advanced vision nor passing chops. He could easly end up being lower tear quality player of Gordan Hayward
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic