ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,194

Re: Around the NBA - More Blessings For Everyone 

Post#421 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:47 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:The lack of respect towards Donovan Mitchell is even greater than the one towards Jokic. It all started with the ROY award and it's still present today. And if you think about it, he's beaten Russel Westbrook in classical duel with worse team, he was also part of the greatest first round series in the bubble with Murray. So he has in his resume proof that he can carry you to the playoff and actually win there. And he's been doing that with a **** team compared to the competition in the conference.

And still no respect for him :( Even here more people would take Booker over him. The same guy that had even better tank commanding skills than Kyrie when they got no CP3 or LeBron to carry their ass.

I'm glad he gets disrespected maybe he will try to leave Utah over it

He's a massive mets fan too...watches literally every game that he can and tweets about it. Maybe Cohen can give him a 1% share of the team or something as part of the deal and come to the knicks.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#422 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:53 pm

Magic waiving Khem Birch. I'm on board with that signing.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,334

Post#423 » by Phish Tank » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:15 pm

the gall of the Tall Guy

Read on Twitter
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,281

Post#424 » by RHODEY » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:34 pm

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#425 » by knickstape4ever » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:47 pm

damn, Giannis OUT tonight vs the Mavs
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,867

Post#426 » by Guano » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:50 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

4 years younger than Obi :banghead: :banghead:

Read on Twitter

he's a string bean too...if he puts on weight..he's a 7 footer that can potential do this??? He almost ended someone's career last night!

Read on Twitter

then the handle and mobility to pull this move off? :o

I'm a humble man so it pains me to stunt like this. In the draft thread I was ridiculed - like all wise men before their time - for stating this:

Post#1396 » by Guano » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Presti getting the best player in the draft @ 17

(if he sucks moving forward pls disregard this and the post in the draft thread)
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#427 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:55 pm

Guano wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

4 years younger than Obi :banghead: :banghead:

Read on Twitter

he's a string bean too...if he puts on weight..he's a 7 footer that can potential do this??? He almost ended someone's career last night!

Read on Twitter

I'm a humble man so it pains me to stunt like this. In the draft thread I was ridiculed - like all wise men before their time - for stating this:

(if he sucks moving forward pls disregard this and the post in the draft thread)

:lol:

he's got a long way to go but he is a completely different player coming back from the bubble...he just turned 19 too...he is a string bean. But OKC is getting this kid confidence...they didn't bury him on the bench. They let him work through his struggles and used the g-league perfectly. He is no showing a ton of flashes and you can tell how skilled he is (movement shooting, handle, passing) all for a legit 7 footer. He went to the perfect team at the perfect time. Most would have buried him on the bench. Now he becoming one of the bright spots in the second half of the season in terms of young guys.

ROSTER

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#428 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:06 am

RHODEY wrote:

Windy is a smart man
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,867

Post#429 » by Guano » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:07 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Guano wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

he's got a long way to go but he is a completely different player coming back from the bubble...he just turned 19 too...he is a string bean. But OKC is getting this kid confidence...they didn't bury him on the bench. They let him work through his struggles and used the g-league perfectly. He is no showing a ton of flashes and you can tell how skilled he is (movement shooting, handle, passing) all for a legit 7 footer. He went to the perfect team at the perfect time. Most would have buried him on the bench. Now he becoming one of the bright spots in the second half of the season in terms of young guys.

most definitely he needs to bulk up

but with his skill set at that size the ceiling is the roof with him. Awesome to see him putting it together and getting to the rim - that dunk attempt was criminal.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#430 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:18 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Guano wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I repeatedly told you all .. to the point of tedium .. that the Knicks should swing for the fences and draft Poku anywhere from #5 on. I was sooooooooooo right. I also kept telling you Maledon was a better prospect than Hayes and once Poku was off the board he was the next off the cab rank no matter what.

So ... the knicks took Obi over Poku and decided to pass on taking Theo at #33 ... for no cost???

Ok .. but Thibs wouldn't have let either of them on the court for a second.

I genuinely don't think even most of the better posters on the board understand how terrible the FO was in drafting last year and in (not) mandating the coach to develop the under control players.

This is historical Clippers badness-level at organizing stuff.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,254

Post#431 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:30 am

Poku has more natural talent than a lot of players from this draft class.

He's more of a baller than Obi is, that's for sure. You can see from the way he moves and improvises on the court.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#432 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:36 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:Poku has more natural talent than a lot of players from this draft class.

He's more of a baller than Obi is, that's for sure. You can see from the way he moves and improvises on the court.

Poku screws up an absolute f***-tonne, f'sure. (And shot 1-for-a-zillion in the first couple of months.) Literally none of that matters. He's clearly a baller and can do - (ofc still to be determined how reliably) - many things, both on O and D. (Watch the games - he alters lots of shots. ) And that's what the Knicks needed to take a punt on.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#433 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:47 am

Boucher had 38 and 19 tonight....damn

the raps are a mess though

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#434 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:04 am

oladipo hurt again...u just can't trust this guy

ROSTER

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,254

Post#435 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:37 am

I'm mad that we actually could've traded for Chris Paul and would probably be a lock for a top 4 seed with a 5 of Paul-RJ-Bullock-Randle-Mitch.

I'm even more mad at the fact that I was against it because I thought it would F up the tank.

Imagine this Knicks team with CP3 instead of LeFraud...

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,212

Post#436 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:36 am

KP looked good. I like how he laughed about the fall down call. He’s not great but he’s got a good personality actually and he’s getting a little better.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,035

Post#437 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:48 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm mad that we actually could've traded for Chris Paul and would probably be a lock for a top 4 seed with a 5 of Paul-RJ-Bullock-Randle-Mitch.

I'm even more mad at the fact that I was against it because I thought it would F up the tank.

I know you see my guy Ayton putting in work right now. Outplayed Gobert last night too
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,021

Post#438 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:52 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm mad that we actually could've traded for Chris Paul and would probably be a lock for a top 4 seed with a 5 of Paul-RJ-Bullock-Randle-Mitch.

I know you see my guy Ayton putting in work right now. Outplayed Gobert last night too

Kawhi did that man dirty though :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,035

Post#439 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:56 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Kawhi did that man dirty though :lol:

Yeah that was nasty af lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#440 » by cgmw » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:57 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Poku has more natural talent than a lot of players from this draft class.

Poku screws up an absolute f***-tonne, f'sure. (And shot 1-for-a-zillion in the first couple of months.) Literally none of that matters. He's clearly a baller and can do - (ofc still to be determined how reliably) - many things, both on O and D. (Watch the games - he alters lots of shots. ) And that's what the Knicks needed to take a punt on.

Don't know about you fellas, but I CAN'T WAIT for the Poku-Chet Holmgren twin tower dynasty in OKC.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."

Return to New York Knicks