GSW/IND - Brogdon/Turner to Warriors

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Re: GSW/IND - Brogdon/Turner to Warriors 

Post#41 » by Warriorfan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:40 am

Warriors pass. Brogdan would be a backup
Wiseman has a chance to be much better than Turner

Warriors would only trade those assets for a top 20 player realgm never gets this right.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#42 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:53 pm

Asianiac_24 wrote:GSW trade Wiggins/Wiseman/MIN 1st/GSW 1st

For

Malcolm Brogdon/Myles Turner/Justin Holiday

GSW

Curry/Poole
Brogdon/Holiday
Klay/Oubre
Green/Paschall
Turner/Green/Looney

GSW make a run for championship. Brogdon is big enough to guard the 2s and Turner is perfect for the team.

IND

Get a little younger while freeing up space for Levert to run point. Sabonis can either be kept or traded for more picks and young players.

No thank you! Wiggins is negative and terribly over paid. He negates most of the value in the deal.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#43 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:07 am

kalenclayton wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:So you think we're sending out Brogdon, Turner, and Sabonis? I doubt any Pacer fan wants to do that.

Sent from my phone.

Rather, if we do, why on Earth would we allow ourselves to be left with Warren (expiring next year) and Levert? Wouldn’t we deal both and rebuild for value, rather than seeing Warren walk to a competitor in a year?

It’s totally fine if y’all don’t like it. I was just saying that I liked the prospect of that rebuild. The value of the trades work and it puts the Pacers into a rebuild with a high ceiling. Of course Warren would be up for sale. We are talking about one trade here, which is usually what we do here. If I were to draw up a Pacers offseason, I would absolutely be selling off Warren. I’d probably keep Levert though. I think he’s a great piece for a rebuild or early playoff contention. As an outsider, I don’t have much of a pulse on the Pacers. I think they have assets that can be used to go into a really good rebuild, but they could also consolidate and push for a better playoff team. I’m hoping the best for the team.

I agree that if Brogdon, Turner and Holiday are going out and Sabonis in a 2nd deal that LeVert and Warren would be moved as well. I don't get the way some people think LeVert is a great player he's made of glass, if he ever plays a full season I'll be shocked. If they could find someone to take him I'd be surprised.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#44 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:24 am

Warriorfan wrote:Warriors pass. Brogdan would be a backup

Warriors would only trade those assets for a top 20 player realgm never gets this right.

:lol:

Pull the other one!
Wage
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#45 » by Wage » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:47 am

I think this makes sense for both teams, and is the direction I am really hoping the Pacers go this off-season. Then trade Sabonis for a decent pick, a young guy, and some bad salary and start building to something other than being a "tough out."
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#46 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:53 am

Wage wrote:I think this makes sense for both teams, and is the direction I am really hoping the Pacers go this off-season. Then trade Sabonis for a decent pick, a young guy, and some bad salary and start building to something other than being a "tough out."

Welcome aboard! Come by the Pacers forum and introduce yourself sometime!
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#47 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:04 pm

Wage wrote:I think this makes sense for both teams, and is the direction I am really hoping the Pacers go this off-season. Then trade Sabonis for a decent pick, a young guy, and some bad salary and start building to something other than being a "tough out."

Yeah they can trade all these known quantity and quality players for a bunch of draft picks and maybes and end up being a bottom dweller that wins 22 games a year. :nod:
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#48 » by Topofthekey » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:08 am

Here are the top 20 players with highest trade value according to this board

1. Giannis
2. Luka
3. AD
4. Lebron
5. Jokic
6. Tatum
7. Embiid
8. Curry
9. Zion
10. KD
11. Lillard
12. Harden
13. Ja
14. KAT
15. Kawhi
16. Simmons
17. Beal
18. Trae
19. Brown
20. Adebayo

Which one are you targeting with that package?

Or is it someone not on that list?

The point is, it's easy to say "we're not trading our assets unless it's for a top something player"

Coming up with actual, realistic examples is not as easy

And if you cannot come up with actual, realistic examples, then maybe you need to accept that your expectations are unrealistic to begin with
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Post#49 » by jpengland » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:14 am

Wolveswin wrote:
spree8 wrote:Not too bad, but I’d want more out of all that value if I were GS.

Funny thing is I think Warriors need to give more to a lot more value.

Agreed.

Wiseman just about brings Wiggins to slightly positive.

Brogdon and Turner have more value than the pick.

If this was offered Warriors should jump all over it as they are instant contenders if Thompson comes back at even 90%
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Post#50 » by jpengland » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:17 am

Wiseman could be better, but even if he is, does he win you a championship?

Brogdon and Turner alongside Steph, Green and Thompson puts you straight to contender status next year.

Warriors would be stupid to pass it up.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,491

Post#51 » by jayjaysee » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:23 pm

Assuming Klay is healthy, how exactly do you beat this warriors team? As a Dallas fan, I’m happy Warriors fans reject this.

For the Pacers - I wonder what the top pick Indy could get to with Wiseman and either their pick or GSW’s (or both)

Or as others have said flipping Sabonis.

Return to Trades and Transactions