the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Re: MLB Moves All-Star Game, Draft From Georgia In Response To New Law 

Post#121 » by the_process » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:28 pm

beefman wrote:
the_process wrote:
beefman wrote:MLB made the right decision. end of discussion

this move will help them gain new fans and sponsorship.

They will lose more than they gain.

no they will not. i guarantee it

It’s irrelevant either way because MLB is never opening their books to the public. So we can only guess by their actions.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#122 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:48 pm

the_process wrote:
Barcs wrote:
the_process wrote:
The people voting have to be actually eligible to vote and be able to prove that.

Third world countries in Africa mandate Voter ID for all, but here in America that would be racist. Do you even listen to what comes out of your mouth?

This just proves that republicans still have no idea what racism is. LOL @ bringing up African countries just because they are black as if this is even remotely relevant to what's going on in America. C'mon...

Yes they were brought up because they are Black. :nonono: Who is racist now for assuming?

Third world countries are poor, yeah? Yet they mandate voter ID. But here in America, your implication is “true racism” is the economic divide where people cannot afford to get ID’s. Which is pretty racist yet again considering Dems can manage to wrangle up illegals and give them ID’s so they can get drivers licenses. So it shouldn’t be a problem to do the same so every actual citizen can vote.

i personally dont have too much problem with voter ID. i do have a problem where the GA assembly of a state can replace election officials in a county if it starts trending in a direction they do not like (and if the state assembly was to turn Democrat, i wouldnt want them to have that same power). i dont like telling counties they have options on whether to open a polling place or not, just put a set schedule so people can schedule when they can go vote.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#123 » by Pointgod » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:29 pm

tiderulz wrote:
the_process wrote:
Barcs wrote:
This just proves that republicans still have no idea what racism is. LOL @ bringing up African countries just because they are black as if this is even remotely relevant to what's going on in America. C'mon...

Yes they were brought up because they are Black. :nonono: Who is racist now for assuming?

Third world countries are poor, yeah? Yet they mandate voter ID. But here in America, your implication is “true racism” is the economic divide where people cannot afford to get ID’s. Which is pretty racist yet again considering Dems can manage to wrangle up illegals and give them ID’s so they can get drivers licenses. So it shouldn’t be a problem to do the same so every actual citizen can vote.

i personally dont have too much problem with voter ID. i do have a problem where the GA assembly of a state can replace election officials in a county if it starts trending in a direction they do not like (and if the state assembly was to turn Democrat, i wouldnt want them to have that same power). i dont like telling counties they have options on whether to open a polling place or not, just put a set schedule so people can schedule when they can go vote.

Lol I’m surprised the process responded to you because he said he was done 2 pages ago. The concept of a voter ID sounds unproblematic but the devil is in the details. If these Republican lead states truly cared about election security then they would encourage that the voter ID process be conducted at the Federal level by a non partisan commission. They would also implement universal mail in voting. The fact that it’s the Republican legislatures that want to control the process is exactly why it’s shady and voter suppression.

They’ve proven they can’t be trusted because what they’ll do is locate the offices that provide voter IDs far away of black neighborhoods or ensure that there’s only one office to serve highly populated urban areas where more black people live and they’ll reduce the hours those offices operate and the days as well. The point is to make voting so difficult and a hassle for majority black districts that people just give up because they literally can’t afford to take the time off. Once Republicans either propose a Federal commission that oversees voter ID or 24 hour/ 7 days a week locations based on population size and ability to apply online then maybe voter ID might be legit. There’s literally zero evidence of widespread fraud anywhere in the system which is amazing considering that the US just had the biggest election in history.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,625

Post#124 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:32 pm

9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
the_process
RealGM

Post#125 » by the_process » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:12 am

Pointgod wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
the_process wrote:

Lol I’m surprised the process responded to you because he said he was done 2 pages ago. The concept of a voter ID sounds unproblematic but the devil is in the details. If these Republican lead states truly cared about election security then they would encourage that the voter ID process be conducted at the Federal level by a non partisan commission. They would also implement universal mail in voting. The fact that it’s the Republican legislatures that want to control the process is exactly why it’s shady and voter suppression.

They’ve proven they can’t be trusted because what they’ll do is locate the offices that provide voter IDs far away of black neighborhoods or ensure that there’s only one office to serve highly populated urban areas where more black people live and they’ll reduce the hours those offices operate and the days as well. The point is to make voting so difficult and a hassle for majority black districts that people just give up because they literally can’t afford to take the time off. Once Republicans either propose a Federal commission that oversees voter ID or 24 hour/ 7 days a week locations based on population size and ability to apply online then maybe voter ID might be legit. There’s literally zero evidence of widespread fraud anywhere in the system which is amazing considering that the US just had the biggest election in history.

In the Constitution it specifically gives the power to decide state election laws to the legislative branches of said states. In this past election we had governors or even Supreme Courts usurp that power and decide it for themselves. This is the GA legislature asserting that given power, and others will follow suit in red and blue states, as they should.

You also just projected your own thoughts about Republicans and what DEMOCRATS actually used to do in the South during Jim Crow on to the entire Republican Party. Why is that, you think? You don’t trust them, right? Feeling is absolutely mutual.

Finally this Democrat dream of centralizing everything (and now you know why we accurately call you Communists, because sooner rather than later you’re all going to call to centralize the economy, some of you already do) has to die. The federal government is not a useful tool nor even a benign entity. The more power it is given the less liberties citizens will all have.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#126 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,675

Post#127 » by Pointgod » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:50 pm

Pointgod wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i personally dont have too much problem with voter ID. i do have a problem where the GA assembly of a state can replace election officials in a county if it starts trending in a direction they do not like (and if the state assembly was to turn Democrat, i wouldnt want them to have that same power). i dont like telling counties they have options on whether to open a polling place or not, just put a set schedule so people can schedule when they can go vote.

the_process wrote: In the Constitution it specifically gives the power to decide state election laws to the legislative branches of said states. In this past election we had governors or even Supreme Courts usurp that power and decide it for themselves. This is the GA legislature asserting that given power, and others will follow suit in red and blue states, as they should.

The Constitution gives states wide latitude for how they run elections but that doesn’t mean the states can just do whatever they want to disenfranchise voters. For example they can’t just make laws to throw out the votes of black voters. State legislatures just can’t throw out votes or disqualify voters because it’s not advantageous to them. Show me one example of blue state where they’ve made voting HARDER for anyone whether Republican or Democrat?

the_process wrote: You also just projected your own thoughts about Republicans and what DEMOCRATS actually used to do in the South during Jim Crow on to the entire Republican Party. Why is that, you think? You don’t trust them, right? Feeling is absolutely mutual.

I’m basing this on what the Republicans are doing RIGHT NOW. After 2013 when the Supreme Court gutted the voting rights act its not a surprise that Republicans stepped up voter suppression on steroids. Give me one example where Democrats have put up barriers and made it harder for anyone to vote? Republicans are the party of the NEW JIM CROW.

the_process wrote: Finally this Democrat dream of centralizing everything (and now you know why we accurately call you Communists, because sooner rather than later you’re all going to call to centralize the economy, some of you already do) has to die. The federal government is not a useful tool nor even a benign entity. The more power it is given the less liberties citizens will all have.

Man you should stop posting because you’re proving you’re a dumbass. Having Federal government oversight does not benefit Democrats. Anyone who was genuine about protecting voting rights and election security would want a non partisan and non political commission made up of both Republicans and Democrats to oversee elections. Was it communism when Trump created a voter fraud commission that found zero evidence of fraud? You just scream communism at everything because you don’t have any intelligent response to my arguments. You just repeat right wing telling points without understanding that what you’re saying doesn’t make sense.
the_process
RealGM

Post#128 » by the_process » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:15 am

Pointgod wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i personally dont have too much problem with voter ID. i do have a problem where the GA assembly of a state can replace election officials in a county if it starts trending in a direction they do not like (and if the state assembly was to turn Democrat, i wouldnt want them to have that same power). i dont like telling counties they have options on whether to open a polling place or not, just put a set schedule so people can schedule when they can go vote.

the_process wrote: In the Constitution it specifically gives the power to decide state election laws to the legislative branches of said states. In this past election we had governors or even Supreme Courts usurp that power and decide it for themselves. This is the GA legislature asserting that given power, and others will follow suit in red and blue states, as they should.

The Constitution gives states wide latitude for how they run elections but that doesn’t mean the states can just do whatever they want to disenfranchise voters. For example they can’t just make laws to throw out the votes of black voters. State legislatures just can’t throw out votes or disqualify voters because it’s not advantageous to them. Show me one example of blue state where they’ve made voting HARDER for anyone whether Republican or Democrat?

the_process wrote: You also just projected your own thoughts about Republicans and what DEMOCRATS actually used to do in the South during Jim Crow on to the entire Republican Party. Why is that, you think? You don’t trust them, right? Feeling is absolutely mutual.

I’m basing this on what the Republicans are doing RIGHT NOW. After 2013 when the Supreme Court gutted the voting rights act its not a surprise that Republicans stepped up voter suppression on steroids. Give me one example where Democrats have put up barriers and made it harder for anyone to vote? Republicans are the party of the NEW JIM CROW.

the_process wrote: Finally this Democrat dream of centralizing everything (and now you know why we accurately call you Communists, because sooner rather than later you’re all going to call to centralize the economy, some of you already do) has to die. The federal government is not a useful tool nor even a benign entity. The more power it is given the less liberties citizens will all have.

Man you should stop posting because you’re proving you’re a dumbass. Having Federal government oversight does not benefit Democrats. Anyone who was genuine about protecting voting rights and election security would want a non partisan and non political commission made up of both Republicans and Democrats to oversee elections. Was it communism when Trump created a voter fraud commission that found zero evidence of fraud? You just scream communism at everything because you don’t have any intelligent response to my arguments. You just repeat right wing telling points without understanding that what you’re saying doesn’t make sense.

There is no such thing as non-partisan, dumbass. And there is a federal elections commission that is as politicized and worthless as everything else in Washington.

And what voter suppression? You scream it at the top of your lungs every time something is done to stop potential fraud. It’s a sideshow, meant to distract. Every legal citizen can vote, no one is stopping them anywhere. But it’s the two words in bold you don’t like. Just like how some states did away with the matching signature requirement last election. Which guarantees votes were cast incorrectly and likely fraudulently. (When no one looks, there’s no fraud. How wonderful!) You’re fine with that, but requiring ID is racist. Riiiiiiiight.

It’s like playing games with 5 year olds who constantly try and change the rules to their benefit. HR 1, One Party Rule Forever is a great example of that. Nothing to do with all that virtue signaling Pelosi and Shumur spout on about. All about votes and a permanent power grab. And again, you’re fine with a party of would-be dictators because that’s your team.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#129 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:54 am

Signature matching. Definitely a great system lol.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/10/signature-matching-is-the-phrenology-of-elections/616790/

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-10-28/2020-election-voter-signature-verification

All legal citizens can vote, they just have to guess the number of beans in this jar over here. I think, if you weren't just arguing in bad faith, you'd be in for a fairly rude surprise about who is trying to work out one party rule. Hint: it's the party the majority of voters do not support. If you can't win on policy, rig the results.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#130 » by tiderulz » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:19 pm

the_process wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

There is no such thing as non-partisan, dumbass. And there is a federal elections commission that is as politicized and worthless as everything else in Washington.

And what voter suppression? You scream it at the top of your lungs every time something is done to stop potential fraud. It’s a sideshow, meant to distract. Every legal citizen can vote, no one is stopping them anywhere. But it’s the two words in bold you don’t like. Just like how some states did away with the matching signature requirement last election. Which guarantees votes were cast incorrectly and likely fraudulently. (When no one looks, there’s no fraud. How wonderful!) You’re fine with that, but requiring ID is racist. Riiiiiiiight.

It’s like playing games with 5 year olds who constantly try and change the rules to their benefit. HR 1, One Party Rule Forever is a great example of that. Nothing to do with all that virtue signaling Pelosi and Shumur spout on about. All about votes and a permanent power grab. And again, you’re fine with a party of would-be dictators because that’s your team.

what is voter suppression? its when you have multiple places to vote in white counties, but only 1 in predominantly black counties. During normal times, i could go out and vote in less than 30 mins. In black counties, people were waiting 6-8 hours. And that is because people like the current governor, former secretary of state decided to remove voting locations from "certain" counties.

I live in GA, its obvious you dont and dont see what they have done or just dont care (likely the reason)

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion