Your thought on Hoard ?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Your thought on Hoard ? 

Post#1 » by remi_222 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:02 am

Averaging almost 12 pts a game he's taking advantage of the situation, being with Theo and having the opportunity to express himself without pressure with tank situation !
Your thoughts on his future in this team ? i really dont want any on my frenchies to leave OKC, its paradize !!!
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Re: Your thought on Hoard ? 

Post#2 » by jake_swivel » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:31 pm

remi_222 wrote:Averaging almost 12 pts a game he's taking advantage of the situation, being with Theo and having the opportunity to express himself without pressure with tank situation !
Your thoughts on his future in this team ? i really dont want any on my frenchies to leave OKC, its paradize !!!

I don’t have thoughts on Hoard, but I do think it’s hilarious seeing a French person describe OKC as paradise :)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:42 pm

Too soon to really know. With the current roster, he will have to do something special to stand out. It doesn't look like he's much of a shooter from distance so my guess is it' unlikely he's here long term. I don't have a problem with having a player or two that can't shoot but we already have several of those guys.That being said, none of us really have an idea what's going to happen.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:43 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
remi_222 wrote:Averaging almost 12 pts a game he's taking advantage of the situation, being with Theo and having the opportunity to express himself without pressure with tank situation !

I don’t have thoughts on Hoard, but I do think it’s hilarious seeing a French person describe OKC as paradise :)

Panera Bread make a pretty mean baguette.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#5 » by jake_swivel » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:48 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Panera Bread make a pretty mean baguette.

I always get the Cinnamon Toast Crunch bagel like a Neanderthal. No culture. :)
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#6 » by jambalaya » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:45 pm

Imo, it is uncertain if Hoard makes fall roster. May not even make it thru rest of season but probably.

Because of the lack of demonstrated in NBA 3pt game, he has less room for other issues. The high TO rate is a problem. The rebounding isn't enough probably. To stick awhile he probably needs to fix at least one of these concerns. To stick long-term, probably 2 or 3 of the concerns. The standard might be is he better than Diallo or coming soon Deck. Right now the answer to the first is no.

I'd say the odds are against him lasting long but he has a modest oportunity. Cut the turnovers, grab more rebounds, make a few 3 pointers. I haven't seen what his shot defense stats look like but they better be above average.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder