bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Re: Deandre Ayton year 3, the next step 

Post#761 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:03 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:Always tougher facing faster guards in the fourth. But in seven minutes of the fourth in that game DA didn't do badly, going 2 for 2 and grabbing four boards. He only missed one free throw. There were other games where he looked more gassed like the the Minny loss.

True - then it must be some other thing too, as it's too short of a time to pick up or lose conditioning.

Well the Minny loss he may have just been defeated since KAT was abusing him, blowing by him, and overall just out hustling him. Its also tough when the opposing big can knock down the three, or drive to the basket. I think he will figure it out. Coach has to recognize when DA is having those issues. He also made stupid fouls, and in the end fouled out.

I think he was frustrated because of the ticky tacky fouls called..he had to sit a lot, and then he had to defend carefully so he didn't pick up more, but they kept calling them.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#762 » by Revived » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Probably the most mature interview I’ve seen from him since getting drafted.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#763 » by Bogyo » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:12 am

Yeah, definatley a good interview. None of that hot-air dominayton nonsense. Keep going this big fella, good things will happen.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#764 » by TouchPassDario » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:15 am

Gotta wait for the Playoffs for DA to drop some more BULLY SZN
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,936

Post#765 » by sunsbg » Fri Apr 2, 2021 6:37 am

That Mike Schmitz interview was not bad either.
Revived
RealGM

Post#766 » by Revived » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:24 am

Read on Twitter

If he can avoid placing his left hand on the guards when they drive, I think he eliminates like 80% of his fouls. He doesn’t do it hard enough to stop them or slow them down anyways but the refs seem to think he does and call it an awful lot.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#767 » by bwgood77 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 8:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#768 » by Bogyo » Sat Apr 3, 2021 9:02 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And that is why I m saing that Zion has been playing bully-ball instead of basketball.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#769 » by TouchPassDario » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:21 am

The next step for tomorrow is drawing some fouls on Gobert through quickness and aggression. And keeping him off the rim on offense for slams and follows. Jazz are so good with Conley/Ingles/Mitchell of running the PnR with Rudy. If Ayton can hold down the fort and stay out of foul trouble we don’t have to help off their shooters. That’s where they could bury us.
Revived
RealGM

Post#770 » by Revived » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Crazy effort. If he plays with this type of motor in most of the playoff games, Suns are a whole another animal.

Hope he realizes that if he can do this against Gobert then he can do it against basically any C in the league (except maybe Embiid but that’s it).
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#771 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:44 pm

Putting the Bubble performances aside

This might be the most intense and highest stake game our young core of guys have ever played in their career. What I loved about Ayton's performance was that he not only did he not back down in such an tense game, he actually stepped up when it counted. That bodes well for the playoffs when the intensity is higher and stakes are higher too. He had a great game and we don't win this if he didn't play well.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#772 » by Bogyo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:43 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Crazy effort. If he plays with this type of motor in most of the playoff games, Suns are a whole another animal.

Hope he realizes that if he can do this against Gobert then he can do it against basically any C in the league (except maybe Embiid but that’s it).

Yup, what we've been saying all damn season long.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#773 » by Mulhollanddrive » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:19 pm

Fatherhood's turned him into a man on and off court.

I'm interested in the possibility of Ayton and Bridges not being extended so they go into next season with extra motivation and not getting too comfortable, play for the max and see what that brings out of them.
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#774 » by Wilber85 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:41 pm

Ayton went out last night and the clippers went up 10 and were scoring at will! Do something Monty!
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#775 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:00 pm

Wilber85 wrote:Ayton went out last night and the clippers went up 10 and were scoring at will! Do something Monty!

Yeah! Give Saric some stilts or pogo legs or something! Get creative Monty!!!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#776 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:52 pm

Yeah, Ayton's progressed so much for a one and done player with his limited number of games. Far moreso than I ever expected on defense..not sure I ever expected this after college and is rookie year. I did feel he could impact the game with his rebounding and offense, but the defensive iq, versatility, etc, at this point is extremely impressive.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,936

Post#777 » by sunsbg » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:44 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Yeah, Ayton's progressed so much for a one and done player with his limited number of games. Far moreso than I ever expected on defense..not sure I ever expected this after college and is rookie year. I did feel he could impact the game with his rebounding and offense, but the defensive iq, versatility, etc, at this point is extremely impressive.

I liked his man defense even in his rookie year. He had great performances against Jokic, Giannis, LeBron, etc as a sign for potential there. The rest was about learning and effort, he now shows regularly on D, which is great.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#778 » by TouchPassDario » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:51 pm

Obviously not as good offensively as Jokic or defensively as Gobert, but he lacks massive weaknesses that both of them have. On a great team I think there’s an argument he’s the best center asset in the NBA.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#779 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:05 pm

TouchPassDario wrote:Obviously not as good offensively as Jokic or defensively as Gobert, but he lacks massive weaknesses that both of them have. On a great team I think there’s an argument he’s the best center asset in the NBA.

I won't go that far obviously with guys like Embiid, the two you mention, etc.

But considering both sides of the ball, I really think the upside could be only behind Jokic and Embiid.

Honestly I was thinking about it last night, and if he simply got more shots..if those guys got him the ball as much as the other big name Cs do, he'd EASILY avg 20.

He shot 7/10 last night...one miss was a 3...I remember one hook shot came out and I think a long fadeway. He is so efficient. He can pass very well. Again, if he handled the ball a lot, he could average at least 3 assists right now...and more later.

He's already really good and still rapidly improving on staying in front of anyone in the lane and altering/grabbing/stealing/blocking shots.

It's just too bad they don't go to him more all game....for two reasons. He is our most efficient scorer and will likely be the most consistent given where he scores from (he won't have a 13-31 game like Book did against Utah though he's lucky to shoot nearly half that many shots)....and he will continue to gain even more confidence more quickly, the more shots he gets.

They need to get him the ball more times per night down the stretch. He should avg 15 shots per game the rest of the way.

Sure, Booker is going to take the most because that's basically all he does, though he is improving on passing as of late and has gotten up to a 1.3/1 ast/to ratio.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#780 » by TouchPassDario » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Embiid is too fragile.

Jokic is HIGHLY exploitable in space AND at the rim. He’s really a poor defender. If I were to rate his offense and defense I would give him 95 and 60. Ayton is like 75/80. He’s also 4 years younger. And Jokic isn’t going to get better at defense and is offense is basically maxed out. I could see DA adding a few points to both categories, especially defense, given his athletic profile and demonstrated improvement and desire.

Return to Phoenix Suns