BOS - WAS (Kemba/Westbrook)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Re: BOS - WAS (Kemba/Westbrook) 

Post#21 » by CelticsLV » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:48 pm

Westbrook is legit worse player. Wizards are bad and they are even worse with Westbrook on the floor. I see a lot of "Nobody wants Kemba" when it should be "Nobody wants Westbrook".
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,355

Post#22 » by JRoy » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:54 pm

Westbrook fan boys want Westbrook.

No one wants Kemba.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#23 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:55 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Westbrook is 32 and having his worst season. Kemba is struggling but that has to do with injuries.

Fwiw, Westbrook was playing hurt from the beginning of training camp through the first month or so of the season, and it was obvious. Coach banned him from dunking in practice.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#24 » by nate33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:31 pm

Maple Green wrote:What about..
Washington trade Beal and Westbrook for
Boston: Kemba,Smart,TT,Wagner,Olejeye,Neismith,Langford and Edwards
Washington divert the excess players to other teams.

LOL no. The Wizards aren't trading Beal for one 5th starter (Smart) and a bunch of 10th men and bad contracts.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#25 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:49 pm

CelticsLV wrote:Westbrook is legit worse player. Wizards are bad and they are even worse with Westbrook on the floor. I see a lot of "Nobody wants Kemba" when it should be "Nobody wants Westbrook".

I dont think anyone wants either of them.

If Kemba was on the Wiz they wouldnt be any better.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#26 » by Patsfan1081 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:55 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:Westbrook is 32 and having his worst season. Kemba is struggling but that has to do with injuries.

Fwiw, Westbrook was playing hurt from the beginning of training camp through the first month or so of the season, and it was obvious. Coach banned him from dunking in practice.

What’s his excuse for last season? He was a sub 2 box +- then too.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#27 » by Patsfan1081 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:02 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I don't think Washington does this without incentive of some kind, but I confess that Russ/Brown/Tatum would be a true joy to watch.

Russ has been a shell of himself for two seasons now and costs ten mill more. Can’t see Boston giving a asset just to pay more money for a equally maybe even a worse fit(due to Russ horrible outside shooting). If either team were willing to give up assets it would be to get off their salaries.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#28 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:31 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

What’s his excuse for last season? He was a sub 2 box +- then too.

Are the facts important? As has been discussed maybe a thousand times, he was on a great roll playing with Harden. He had a hip problem coming in the bubble and was awful in it - that ruined his season. No question that his game is reliant on athleticism.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#29 » by hugepatsfan » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:15 pm

nate33 wrote:I wonder if a 3-way could be worked out with the Clippers. I figure they could use a guy who can create a shot like Kemba.

Westbrook to Boston
Kemba to the Clippers
Rondo, Beverley, Kennard to Washington

I think BOS (or WAS if LAC preferred Westbrook) would cut it down to a one on one deal with LAC.

I think the logic behind a Kemba or a Westbrook deal are the same. Both are still good players, they're just overpaid. I think Westbrook is the better individual player, but Kemba being able to shoot is a massive thing that makes him much more easily assimilated into a team offensive concept.

I think the logic for BOS dealing Kemba or for WAS dealing Westbrook would be financial flexibility. Your deal with the Clippers offers that package. Even if total money is the same, it's easier to move off of smaller deals in follow-ups and you get better depth over the imperfect "star".

Return to Trades and Transactions