Nuggets add Shaquille Harrison as two way contract

Moderator: THE J0KER

Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Nuggets add Shaquille Harrison as two way contract 

Post#1 » by Manolito » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:36 pm

And Whittington has been cut.

FO is pretty aware of our playmaking shortage and are added Harrison, with quite some NBA experience (he is 27yo). I know him from the Bulls but never payed really attention to him. He is big for a guard, who knows, maybe the next Dozier.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Re: Nuggets add Shaquille HArrison as two way contract 

Post#2 » by psimanic1 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:50 pm

The Denver Nuggets are waiving forward Gary Clark, sources tell ESPN. Clark arrived in the Aaron Gordon deal at the trade deadline. Upon clearing waivers, Clark is expected to draw interest from some Eastern Conference playoff teams.

So he is not 2way contract, they cut him for another 2way?

Or he is 2way ans we will sign someone instead of Clark?
Manolito
Senior

Post#3 » by Manolito » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:51 pm

Now we are waiving Clark....and theoretically Harrison has a 2W contract. That leaves the roster with 14 players....unless Howard gets an NBA contract (I don´t think so) is coming any SG from buyout market?

BTW is Clark 2.1M salary in 2021/22 fully guaranteed? According to Spotrac it is, in that case this is a dumb move IMHO.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#4 » by psimanic1 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:53 pm

Manolito wrote:Now we are waiving Clark....and theoretically Harrison has a 2W contract. That leaves the roster with 14 players....unless Howard gets an NBA contract (I don´t think so) is coming any SG from buyout market?

BTW is Clark 2.1M salary in 2021/22 fully guaranteed? According to Spotrac it is, in that case this is a dumb move IMHO.

I think we were able to cut him and if we dont it becomes guaranteed, somethinf like that
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:18 pm

Looks like Whittington and Clark are gone, not Howard which is surprising to me as Howard has done nothing to show for his anticipated shooting skills. With one open roster spot, wonder if we'll bring in another wing ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#6 » by Coeur » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:41 pm

Time for JR Smith
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#7 » by Richard Miller » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:23 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Looks like Whittington and Clark are gone, not Howard which is surprising to me as Howard has done nothing to show for his anticipated shooting skills.

Howard just turned 22, he's a project and could be pretty valuable too. This move from last night was jaw-dropping:

Read on Twitter

When his shot starts falling in regularly (and I don't see why not), he could be a mean scorer in short stints. Too bad about Whittington, probably his health issues were too much.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,095

Post#8 » by stoo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:35 pm

I proposed getting Harrison previously during the season... I watched him while he was in Phoenix, and he is a very good defender
NotSinceWilt
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#9 » by The Rebel » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:23 am

skywalker33 wrote:Looks like Whittington and Clark are gone, not Howard which is surprising to me as Howard has done nothing to show for his anticipated shooting skills. With one open roster spot, wonder if we'll bring in another wing ?

I think Whittington's injuries set him to far back, he is buried behind MPJ, Gordon, Millsap, Green, Cancar, Bol, and of course Barton at the forward slots. At best he was 4th on the depth chart.

Clark is the one that surprised me, he had to have asked out. Since the trade we really need a SG/SF more than anything. Barton is the closest we have to one, but we really need one bigger than Barton. Clark was more of a true SF despite not having a great outside shot.

Howard I think is on the roster because we really need a perimeter player right now. With Dozier and Barton covering SF part time our depth is not real great at guard.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#10 » by DaFan334 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:14 am

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Looks like Whittington and Clark are gone, not Howard which is surprising to me as Howard has done nothing to show for his anticipated shooting skills. With one open roster spot, wonder if we'll bring in another wing ?

I think Whittington's injuries set him to far back, he is buried behind MPJ, Gordon, Millsap, Green, Cancar, Bol, and of course Barton at the forward slots. At best he was 4th on the depth chart.

Clark is the one that surprised me, he had to have asked out. Since the trade we really need a SG/SF more than anything. Barton is the closest we have to one, but we really need one bigger than Barton. Clark was more of a true SF despite not having a great outside shot.

Howard I think is on the roster because we really need a perimeter player right now. With Dozier and Barton covering SF part time our depth is not real great at guard.

Clark didn't look happy to be here in the least bit. If you noticed any of his team pictures, a smile was nowhere to be found. I am kind of surprised, but it seemed like if anyone was going to go, it was going to be him.

I hope this means we are going after a defensive guard in free agency that can help us with Donovan Mitchel and Damian Lillard in the playoffs besides Harrison, who may be who they brought in for that. I think that is the biggest thing we are missing without Harris. Avery Bradley would top my list.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#11 » by Coeur » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:37 pm

I like bringing Harrison in. Campazzo just can’t be a rotation player. Harrison could also play with Morris.

Maybe this is to truly play some players in the g league next year. Where it actually gets used to develop the draft picks

I think Harrison has ability above Howard and campazzo. I hope he’s given a Look
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#12 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:46 pm

I also like bringing in Harrison. I do hope he focuses on defense. He's 6'7" with a wingspan around 6'10". He's got some nice offensive moves but the Nuggets, but the Nuggets need defense more than offense.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by The Rebel » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:08 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:I also like bringing in Harrison. I do hope he focuses on defense. He's 6'7" with a wingspan around 6'10". He's got some nice offensive moves but the Nuggets, but the Nuggets need defense more than offense.

While our offense is fine with the starters, I would argue we need offense off the bench more than defense. We are losing leads when Jokic goes off the court because our offense becomes terrible.
Manolito
Senior

Post#14 » by Manolito » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:56 pm

Harrison is here to guard Lillard, Booker or Mitchell 10minutes maximum.

Dozier's role from last season

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app
skywalker33

Post#15 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Manolito wrote:Harrison is here to guard Lillard, Booker or Mitchell 10minutes maximum.

Dozier's role from last season

Sent from my GM1913 using RealGM mobile app

Then where does Dozier play ?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:38 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I also like bringing in Harrison. I do hope he focuses on defense. He's 6'7" with a wingspan around 6'10". He's got some nice offensive moves but the Nuggets, but the Nuggets need defense more than offense.

While our offense is fine with the starters, I would argue we need offense off the bench more than defense. We are losing leads when Jokic goes off the court because our offense becomes terrible.

Agreed, but Barton off the bench - or playing with the bench, even though starting would be a great start in my opinion. His game fits even better when Jokic isn't in the game.

P.S. It would help if there was some designed offense for our bench. If we have one, I have been unable to determine what it is.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:39 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:Harrison is here to guard Lillard, Booker or Mitchell 10minutes maximum.

Dozier's role from last season.

10 minutes for Harrison leaves lots of minutes for everyone else.
skywalker33

Post#18 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:52 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Dozier's role from last season.

So 10mins of D on Lilliard, Booker or Mitchell is gonna shut those guys down ??? Riiiggghhhtt :wink:

And isn't that what we got Gordon for, he can guard 1-4's I'm told

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by The Rebel » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:32 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

Agreed, but Barton off the bench - or playing with the bench, even though starting would be a great start in my opinion. His game fits even better when Jokic isn't in the game.

P.S. It would help if there was some designed offense for our bench. If we have one, I have been unable to determine what it is.

We use a stripped down version of our regular offense when the bench is in, the problem is that we do not have the big man passing or guard shooting to make it work. Breaking down our offense to dribble hand offs and pick and rolls into a clogged lane, which both lead to isos.

Our bench literally has the same problem this year as we did at the end of last year, we only have 2 guys dangerous from the perimeter at any 1 time. Morris and Green/Millsap are good enough shooters, but with McGee in there with Dozier and Campazzo we just do not have the shooting to open the lane to make Dozier and Campazzo effective. Barton has an effective midrange shot, but his lack of finishing at the rim has become a problem. We really need 1 more shooter that defenses have to cover.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by The Rebel » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:46 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Then where does Dozier play ?

So 10mins of D on Lilliard, Booker or Mitchell is gonna shut those guys down ??? Riiiggghhhtt :wink:

And isn't that what we got Gordon for, he can guard 1-4's I'm told

If we are depending on a guy under a 2 way contract to shut down anybody than we are in serious trouble. Harrison is the 7th guy on the depth chart, he may work himself into the 6th guy in front of Howard pretty quick, but I doubt we see either without several guys out of the lineup.

Return to Denver Nuggets