ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,443

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1 » by Morris_Shatford » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:46 pm

Last one reached 100 pages;

Continued from:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2030310&start=1980
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,609

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#2 » by Psubs » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:32 pm

Bring back Bembry, Birch, Boucher, Batson, Blynn, Barris and Battanabe.
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 453

Post#3 » by youngRAPZ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:59 pm

Psubs wrote:Bring back Bembry, Birch, Boucher, Batson, Blynn, Barris and Battanabe.

Holmes?/Birch/2nd rd pick
Siakam/Bouche/vet. Min
Og/Bembry/Watson
Top5 pick hopefully/GTJ/Harris
VV/Vet min./Flynn

Watanabe and the 2nd, 2nd rd pick on 2way

That’s a playoff team year 1 by year 3 possibly a contender with nets and lakers fading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#4 » by youngRAPZ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:00 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:
Psubs wrote:Bring back Bembry, Birch, Boucher, Batson, Blynn, Barris and Battanabe.

Holmes?/Birch/2nd rd pick
Siakam/Bouche/vet. Min
Og/Bembry/Watson
Top5 pick hopefully/GTJ/Harris
VV/Vet min./Flynn

Watanabe and the 2nd, 2nd rd pick on 2way

That’s a playoff team year 1 by year 3 possibly a contender with nets and lakers fading.

Or if Kelly is cheap I’d rather him than bringing birch back if we get Holmes.

MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,758

Post#5 » by MessiahUjiri » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:10 am

I’m putting feelers out for Siakam in exchange for a top 3 pick. Anunoby pretty much has the forward spot on lock.

We need star upside, and if someone bites on Cunningham/Mobley/Suggs, I’d seriously look at cashing out on Siakam. He’s not a star player.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,536

Post#6 » by Bruin » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:17 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:I’m putting feelers out for Siakam in exchange for a top 3 pick. Anunoby pretty much has the forward spot on lock.

We need star upside, and if someone bites on Cunningham/Mobley/Suggs, I’d seriously look at cashing out on Siakam. He’s not a star player.

If Wolves get in the top 3 to keep their pick I could see them being interested. Fits in well at the position they’re weakest at and clearly getting all these top picks hasn’t gotten them in the playoffs so maybe they’d be willing to get a star instead that would fit in nicely in their timeline with KAT and DLo with Ant Man also taking a huge load in scoring
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,053

Post#7 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 12:21 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:I’m putting feelers out for Siakam in exchange for a top 3 pick. Anunoby pretty much has the forward spot on lock.

If Wolves get in the top 3 to keep their pick I could see them being interested. Fits in well at the position they’re weakest at and clearly getting all these top picks hasn’t gotten them in the playoffs so maybe they’d be willing to get a star instead that would fit in nicely in their timeline with KAT and DLo with Ant Man also taking a huge load in scoring

I would think if the pick conveys to GSW, they would be interested too. They can't waste another season of Steph, Klay and Draymond. Pascal gave a nice audition for them in the game last week. It would cost them a lot - Wolves pick, plus 2021 and 2023 GSW FRPs. And Wiseman? But they'd get Wiggins off the books.

Is there a reason not to try for Theis this summer? If Raps have the MLE, he's the perfect MLE signing. Not a great 3-point shooter, but at 33-34% he can at least space the floor the way our offence needs him to.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,556

Post#8 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:27 pm

Can we get a cap update

How much do we have if we pick up options on

Boucher
Boucher + Bembry
Boucher + Bembry + Watson

Is holmes the best FA big ?

In Raptor Ball I Trust
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,655

Post#9 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:41 pm

Haven't looked into the numbers but I feel if our pick is good enough and if Boston sucks enough, they might consider GTJ, our pick and maybe Boucher or one of the seconds for Jaylen Brown (throw in whatever future first as well, doubt we get to the lottery any time soon again).

Boston is in no mans land and will be expensive soon with no title contention window at the moment. That trade allows them to get younger with GTJ and get a top 7 lotto pick to bolster their roster and move forward with a core of Williams/Tatum/Smart/GTJ/Lotto pick depth. Kemba can be moved or kept in place until his contract is up

We finally get a guy that at least has shown he can be a possible #1 guy on a team. Especially if we can now slide Siakam to being our secondary star to take pressure off of him and FVV scoring wise. He's also better than any of the lotto picks outside of the top 3
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#10 » by youngRAPZ » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:02 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Haven't looked into the numbers but I feel if our pick is good enough and if Boston sucks enough, they might consider GTJ, our pick and maybe Boucher or one of the seconds for Jaylen Brown (throw in whatever future first as well, doubt we get to the lottery any time soon again).

Boston is in no mans land and will be expensive soon with no title contention window at the moment. That trade allows them to get younger with GTJ and get a top 7 lotto pick to bolster their roster and move forward with a core of Williams/Tatum/Smart/GTJ/Lotto pick depth. Kemba can be moved or kept in place until his contract is up

We finally get a guy that at least has shown he can be a possible #1 guy on a team. Especially if we can now slide Siakam to being our secondary star to take pressure off of him and FVV scoring wise. He's also better than any of the lotto picks outside of the top 3

For Tatum sure not for Brown he ain’t the number 1 we looking for.

douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,323

Post#11 » by douggood » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:55 am

tecumseh18 wrote:I would think if the pick conveys to GSW, they would be interested too. They can't waste another season of Steph, Klay and Draymond. Pascal gave a nice audition for them in the game last week. It would cost them a lot - Wolves pick, plus 2021 and 2023 GSW FRPs. And Wiseman? But they'd get Wiggins off the books.

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Haven't looked into the numbers but I feel if our pick is good enough and if Boston sucks enough, they might consider GTJ, our pick and maybe Boucher or one of the seconds for Jaylen Brown (throw in whatever future first as well, doubt we get to the lottery any time soon again).

pascal = weiseman, wiggins, 4th/5th pick, plus 2 future 1st
jaylen brown = GTJ, pick 6-7ish + and maybe boucher + mid 40s second
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#12 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:02 am

douggood wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:I would think if the pick conveys to GSW, they would be interested too. They can't waste another season of Steph, Klay and Draymond. Pascal gave a nice audition for them in the game last week. It would cost them a lot - Wolves pick, plus 2021 and 2023 GSW FRPs. And Wiseman? But they'd get Wiggins off the books.

:lol: Sounds about right. What's your point?
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#13 » by youngRAPZ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:32 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
douggood wrote:

Lol sounds like you guys play 2k a bit too much.
1. Raptors will not be trading Pascal so give it up already!
2. GS is not giving up all that for Pascal
3. Boston didn’t wanna give up assets for AD or KL what makes you think they gonna trade brown for our pile of ****?

Get off 2K guys this is real life.

tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#14 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:32 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
douggood wrote:

Lol sounds like you guys play 2k a bit too much.
1. Raptors will not be trading Pascal so give it up already!
2. GS is not giving up all that for Pascal
3. Boston didn’t wanna give up assets for AD or KL what makes you think they gonna trade brown for our pile of ****?

Get off 2K guys this is real life.

And in real life, teams don't trade their stars (who aren't asking out and under a long term contract) without a godfather type-offer.

I'm a believer in Pascal and don't want to trade him at all. I think his conditioning has really taken a hit over the last year, and he needs a nice long summer - beginning on the day after the Raps play their last regular season game next month - to get back to being the all-NBA player he was when the shutdown happened. Pascal is a unique talent, and (as with OG) you just don't trade those players away. OTOH, he is fully priced in terms of salary. It's a lot to pay for a player on a non-contender.

Plan A for Masai (assuming he stays) is to fill the holes in this roster, maybe at the draft and get the team back to contender status. But if he can't work a deal for a C, then he has to think about another plan. Khem and Chris aren't enough for this group. Masai has to at least consider the possibility of a completely tear down, and rebuilding around OG (young and untouchable), Trent Jr. (young and why would you trade him?), maybe Fred and as many high draft picks as he can get.

Meanwhile, as I said above, the Warriors have to be in win now mode next season with Klay coming back and Steph and Draymond aging. They're paying as much luxury tax as some teams pay in regular salaries. And if the T-Wolves pick conveys, Warriors would be the only team in a position to give up the assets required to get Pascal. We can quibble about the size of the haul, but it starts with the Minny pick and GSW's own pick this year (it's protected top 20 so no chance of conveying to T-Wolves). Wiggins is still a negative asset with his max salary and lack of production (less than 15 PER), but his salary is needed for the deal. Wiseman being part of it would help the Warriors reduce their salary. As a 2nd overall pick (in a very weak draft), he makes $8-9 mill/yr. But it depends on how much they see potential they still see in him. OK, maybe the 2023 pick was being greedy. I really just want the two lottery picks this year.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,934
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#15 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:46 pm

Morning peeps, Bulls fan in peace. During the last GT when we played you a few days ago a couple of fans mentioned a rebuild. If that is even somewhat true will any of your current front court be on the trade block this off season? By that I am asking about Anunoby, Boucher, or Siakam. If so, what type of package is rumored to be needed for each?
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,197

Post#16 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:57 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Morning peeps, Bulls fan in peace. During the last GT when we played you a few days ago a couple of fans mentioned a rebuild. If that is even somewhat true will any of your current front court be on the trade block this off season? By that I am asking about Anunoby, Boucher, or Siakam. If so, what type of package is rumored to be needed for each?

Although technically no one is off the table I’d find it hard to believe that OG or Siakam would be traded. Boucher is a solid bench player on a great contract. Bulls would have to offer up someone nice.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:01 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Morning peeps, Bulls fan in peace. During the last GT when we played you a few days ago a couple of fans mentioned a rebuild. If that is even somewhat true will any of your current front court be on the trade block this off season? By that I am asking about Anunoby, Boucher, or Siakam. If so, what type of package is rumored to be needed for each?

Although technically no one is off the table I’d find it hard to believe that OG or Siakam would be traded. Boucher is a solid bench player on a great contract. Bulls would have to offer up someone nice.
Actually your fellow posters mentioned total rebuild so I thought that was a current rumor. Boucher shoots pretty well and is on a decent contract. In your opinion is he better suited as a 4 or 5? He seems to provide decent rim protection.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#18 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:10 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:

Actually your fellow posters mentioned total rebuild so I thought that was a current rumor. Boucher shoots pretty well and is on a decent contract. In your opinion is he better suited as a 4 or 5? He seems to provide decent rim protection.

Ideally, Boucher's a 4. But Raps don't have a legit 5, so Boucher plays there a lot. I was impressed by your jumbo lineup with Lauri at the 3. Not sure you need a guy like Boucher, unless you're not bringing back Lauri and Theis.

"Rebuild" in Raptors talk means to build around OG and high draft picks. OG is untouchable. Spurs wanted him in the Kawhi trade and Masai wouldn't budge. Pascal would require an amazing, amazing offer. Sign and trade for LaVine (but Lavine's passing is great - would probable wouldn't trade him unless you have another scorer on the come up.)
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:12 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:
AkelaLoneWolf wrote:Although technically no one is off the table I’d find it hard to believe that OG or Siakam would be traded. Boucher is a solid bench player on a great contract. Bulls would have to offer up someone nice.

Ideally, Boucher's a 4. But Raps don't have a legit 5, so Boucher plays there a lot. I was impressed by your jumbo lineup with Lauri at the 3. Not sure you need a guy like Boucher, unless you're not bringing back Lauri and Theis.

"Rebuild" in Raptors talk means to build around OG and high draft picks. OG is untouchable. Spurs wanted him in the Kawhi trade and Masai wouldn't budge. Pascal would require an amazing, amazing offer.
So Boucher could be had for what?
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,197

Post#20 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:18 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Actually your fellow posters mentioned total rebuild so I thought that was a current rumor. Boucher shoots pretty well and is on a decent contract. In your opinion is he better suited as a 4 or 5? He seems to provide decent rim protection.

"Rebuild" in Raptors talk means to build around OG and high draft picks. OG is untouchable. Spurs wanted him in the Kawhi trade and Masai wouldn't budge. Pascal would require an amazing, amazing offer.
So Boucher could be had for what?

If there was one player on the bulls I would name it would be Patrick Williams
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.

Return to Toronto Raptors