THT suspended by the NBA for tonight’s game

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

THT suspended by the NBA for tonight’s game 

Post#1 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:41 pm

The league suspended THT because he was at the scorers table ready to check into the game when the bruhaha broke out with Dennis and OB and THT stepped five feet into the court and by letter of the rule he has to get suspended. Harrell got fined 20k OB 30k.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Re: THT suspended by the NBA for tonight’s game 

Post#2 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:28 pm

is Trez suspended?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#3 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:50 pm

Beethoven wrote:is Trez suspended?

No, just fined along with 2 Rap guys
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,230

Post#4 » by EArl » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:08 pm

Dumbest thing to suspend someone for.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#5 » by Beethoven » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:42 pm

EArl wrote:Dumbest thing to suspend someone for.

snaquille oatmeal wrote:

Like LakerNation on youtube last nite said,
"NBA should be looking at the spirit of the law and not the letter of the law" in each case of fighting/escalation.

It is totally senseless to give the same punishment (OG suspended 1 game/ THT suspended 1 game/Trez fined 20,000 dollars) to the instigator of the fight and people reacting to it naturally.

I can see a slippery slope where the bench goon of a playoff team deliberately trying to provoke something/starting something only to get one of our key members into the same punishment/trouble and causing havoc in the playoffs.

Sad

It is only my opinion, but the rules regarding fights stemming from Malice at the Palace are a kind of outdated now. What is Schroder supposed to do? Lay there on the floor? Trez just turns around and walk away? This kind of stuff will break locker room chemistry bc the notion of 'getting one's back' is VERY important to players. There should be some kind of leeway in the rules regarding it.

From what LakerNation said, it seems like Schroder and/or the Lakers front office are going to help or take care of Trez's fine. That was the implication from a quote from Schroder last nite ( i dont have the quote).
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,284

Post#6 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:30 pm

Beethoven wrote:

snaquille oatmeal wrote:

"NBA should be looking at the spirit of the law and not the letter of the law" in each case of fighting/escalation.

It is totally senseless to give the same punishment (OG suspended 1 game/ THT suspended 1 game/Trez fined 20,000 dollars) to the instigator of the fight and people reacting to it naturally.

I can see a slippery slope where the bench goon of a playoff team deliberately trying to provoke something/starting something only to get one of our key members into the same punishment/trouble and causing havoc in the playoffs.

Sad

It is only my opinion, but the rules regarding fights stemming from Malice at the Palace are a kind of outdated now. What is Schroder supposed to do? Lay there on the floor? Trez just turns around and walk away? This kind of stuff will break locker room chemistry bc the notion of 'getting one's back' is VERY important to players. There should be some kind of leeway in the rules regarding it.

From what LakerNation said, it seems like Schroder and/or the Lakers front office are going to help or take care of Trez's fine. That was the implication from a quote from Schroder last nite ( i dont have the quote).

I agree with you here. This weird rule was from the David Stern Era. Yes, the guy was super smart and is responsible of many positive things about this league but he was never a player, never been spat,elbowed,decked etc to the floor in front of thousands of fans so he only cares about what "might happen" that can result to an all out melee. Suns were robbed from it's first finals berth bec Horry pushed down/humiliated Nash, Stoudamire rushed in and got suspended, Stern shrugs and say, "the law is the law"!
Jeff Van Gundy signals Larry Johnson to provoke Heat's main player Alonzo Mourning to violence, Zo bites, he gets suspended.
20 years or so passed and there's hardly any changes in the rules to severely punish the instigators.
In hindsight, maybe, Schroder should have exagerrated the contact and lay there acting that he was hit by a truck for 10 minutes but then again, it's hard not to react quickly.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#7 » by kblo247 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:32 am

tamaraw08 wrote:
Beethoven wrote:

snaquille oatmeal wrote:No, just fined along with 2 Rap guys

Sad

I agree with you here. This weird rule was from the David Stern Era. Yes, the guy was super smart and is responsible of many positive things about this league but he was never a player, never been spat,elbowed,decked etc to the floor in front of thousands of fans so he only cares about what "might happen" that can result to an all out melee. Suns were robbed from it's first finals berth bec Horry pushed down/humiliated Nash, Stoudamire rushed in and got suspended, Stern shrugs and say, "the law is the law"!
Jeff Van Gundy signals Larry Johnson to provoke Heat's main player Alonzo Mourning to violence, Zo bites, he gets suspended.
20 years or so passed and there's hardly any changes in the rules to severely punish the instigators.
In hindsight, maybe, Schroder should have exagerrated the contact and lay there acting that he was hit by a truck for 10 minutes but then again, it's hard not to react quickly.

No guy is going to lay there because he’s got someone standing over him and even though you probably are 99% sure in your head it won’t happen, no guys instincts are going to let another guy stand over and possible kick or stomp them. So Dennis popping up is very natural there.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers