ImageImageImage

Official Anthony Edwards Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,760

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#1021 » by life_saver » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:57 am

These are the kind of mistakes Ant needs to clean up on defense...there was no reason for him to decide to leave a shooter like Seth wide open in corner inorder to help Jaden on a Ben Simmons drive...just an astoundingly stupid decision which results in an open 3 from Seth.

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1022 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:22 pm

Playmaker17 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Hard to tell if Marney needs to cut him off for time or if she's trying to save him from himself and saying something he shouldnt.

She lost all video and audio in the middle of the interview, so she thought he was done with his answer.

Statements like this make me question the integrity of this forum. Every other post is a personal attack on Anthony Edwards. I can only assume his inner city vernacular has fooled you into thinking the man is dumb. He isn’t. Grow up. The dude is averaging over 20 ppg since becoming a starter and all y’all do is bash him. He plays for your team, moron. Support him. He is the only player on the team capable of taking over completely a dragging his team to a win. This is a pathetic thread and says slot about the fans in this particular forum

I hear you and for every person not supporting Ant there are at least 2 who are. Look at all the +1s you got for this.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1023 » by KGdaBom » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:25 pm

Ant is shooting over 50% for the last 5 games. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1024 » by Jedzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:25 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Ant is shooting over 50% for the last 5 games. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Hopefully yes
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#1025 » by jpatrick » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:26 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:
Klomp wrote:She lost all video and audio in the middle of the interview, so she thought he was done with his answer.

Statements like this make me question the integrity of this forum. Every other post is a personal attack on Anthony Edwards. I can only assume his inner city vernacular has fooled you into thinking the man is dumb. He isn’t. Grow up. The dude is averaging over 20 ppg since becoming a starter and all y’all do is bash him. He plays for your team, moron. Support him. He is the only player on the team capable of taking over completely a dragging his team to a win. This is a pathetic thread and says slot about the fans in this particular forum

I hear you and for every person not supporting Ant there are at least 2 who are. Look at all the +1s you got for this.

I think we all support him. We all desperately want him to become a star. However, we can also objectively discuss his game, both the positives and negatives. That is the entire point of these forums.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,800

Post#1026 » by Klomp » Mon Apr 5, 2021 9:32 pm

jpatrick wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:

I think we all support him. We all desperately want him to become a star. However, we can also objectively discuss his game, both the positives and negatives. That is the entire point of these forums.

Objectively being the key word. Some aren't very objective.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#1027 » by Baseline81 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:41 pm

Ringer article: Anthony Edwards Is Starting to Look Worthy of the Top Pick
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/8/22372728/anthony-edwards-karl-anthony-towns-minnesota-timberwolves
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#1028 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:51 pm

As harsh as a critic I am about Anthony Edwards defense, you can’t give up on him. He’s too talented offensive wise. You have to take the bad with the good.

I was wrong and gave up on Lolvine too early. He was a horrible on ball and off ball defender on the Wolves, worst on the team. Thibs benched him multiple times as well for defensive lapses but he worked hard as hell and became an all star this year.
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#1029 » by NebWolvesFan » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:07 pm

As bad as Edwards has been defensively, he may lead all rookies in steals and finish second in defensive rebounds, plus he has shown great flashes defensively late in games. As most rookies, he seems to take a while to get going both offensively and defensively.

Baring injuries, he will play 41 games for Finch - the same number of games Ball played this year. I feel it's fair to look at both players 41-game stretches before deciding who is ROTY. Edwards is behind, but I'm excited to see how the two players compare when the season is over.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,800

Post#1030 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 9, 2021 9:36 pm

NebWolvesFan wrote:Baring injuries, he will play 41 games for Finch - the same number of games Ball played this year. I feel it's fair to look at both players 41-game stretches before deciding who is ROTY. Edwards is behind, but I'm excited to see how the two players compare when the season is over.

Interesting note
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
jpatrick
Assistant Coach

Post#1031 » by jpatrick » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Ant is up to 40% FG% on the year! He’s got a ways to go but he’s been very good for a 19 year old since Finch took over.
Playmaker17
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#1032 » by Playmaker17 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:30 pm

jpatrick wrote:Ant is up to 40% FG% on the year! He’s got a ways to go but he’s been very good for a 19 year old since Finch took over.

In his last 17 games, Ant is averaging 24.45 ppg on 46% shooting from the floor. So long as Dlo does not completely faze him out of the offense, Ant can easily average that the rest of the season. Unfortunately I think you’ll see Dlo take a whole lot of Ant’s opportunities the rest of the way which stinks cause it impacts Ant’s growth. The season is already a wash so you my as well let Ant take his lumps
jpatrick
Assistant Coach

Post#1033 » by jpatrick » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Playmaker17 wrote:
jpatrick wrote:Ant is up to 40% FG% on the year! He’s got a ways to go but he’s been very good for a 19 year old since Finch took over.

In his last 17 games, Ant is averaging 24.45 ppg on 46% shooting from the floor. So long as Dlo does not completely faze him out of the offense, Ant can easily average that the rest of the season. Unfortunately I think you’ll see Dlo take a whole lot of Ant’s opportunities the rest of the way which stinks cause it impacts Ant’s growth. The season is already a wash so you my as well let Ant take his lumps

I think you may see Ant’s counting numbers (points/assists) go down, but I hope with DLo taking some attention and with improved spacing, his efficiency continues to go up. Kinda like last night.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,762

Post#1034 » by Slim Tubby » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:19 am

jpatrick wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:

I think you may see Ant’s counting numbers (points/assists) go down, but I hope with DLo taking some attention and with improved spacing, his efficiency continues to go up. Kinda like last night.

It’s nice to see some realistic positivity towards Ant on here. I also appreciate both of you acknowledging areas he needs to improve on. I’ve never understood all the hate on here for a 19-year old with all of 40 career games under his belt. What more the haters could reasonably expect of a Rookie is beyond me.

KAT is a fantastic player and worth the price of admission but at this point, the only reason I watch the Wolves is to see the development of players like Ant, McDaniels and Nowell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,222

Post#1035 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:22 pm

With Wiseman tearing his meniscus, Edwards is the last top-three pick standing.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#1036 » by Baseline81 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:34 pm

Don't want to jinx Edwards, but look at the split between pre and post All-Star:

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4594268/anthony-edwards
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,103

Post#1037 » by m2002brian » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:19 pm

Baseline81 wrote:Don't want to jinx Edwards, but look at the split between pre and post All-Star:

It also shows he’s better at sg than sf.
BLUEGREENRED
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,735

Post#1038 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:33 am

m2002brian wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:Don't want to jinx Edwards, but look at the split between pre and post All-Star:

It also shows he’s better at sg than sf.

Right now? Maybe. What it definetely shows is Ant is starting make improvements which is the best thing you can ask for out of a rookie like Any who had so many question marks about him.

I have been becoming more and more impressed by his passing ability over the past 10 games--part of that because of his comfort with his teammates and also because of Finch putting Ant in a position to succeed.

I just hope the fan base can have realistic expectations in year 2: Let Ant's impact over the season equal his contract. If he can do that I would be thrilled.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#1039 » by TheZachAttack » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Anthony Edwards in 20 games since the all-star break:

Counting stats: 24 PPG - 5.1 RBDs - 3 ast - 2.7 TOs - 2.1 STOCKs in 35.4 MPG
Shooting splits: 51% 2 PT FG (11.6 att/g) - 33.5% 3 PT FG (8.2 ATT/G) - 77.1% FT (5.5 att/g)

A couple of things to note:

-Edwards is averaging +50% from 2 PT, ~60% at the rim, and 5.5 FT attempts per game during this stretch
-Edwards is in the top 20 in PPG and top 25 in FT/g during this time period
-Edwards 3 point shooting splits are similar to players like Trae Young and Devin Booker during this time period. Harden is at 21% on 7 att/g during this time period. Fox is at 31% in 7 att/g during this time period.
-Edwards TS% during this time period is ~54% which is just ahead of players like Kemba Walker, CJ Mccollum, and Fred Van Fleet and just behind players like James Harden (bad shooting stretch), Trae Young, Terry Rozier, and Khris Middleton (+/- 2%)
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#1040 » by NebWolvesFan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:55 pm

Anthony Edwards could join Curry and Luka and the only rookie in NBA history to finish with more than 150 3s, 325 rebounds and 75 steals - and he did that in a shortened season. It's time we realize he has had a great age 19 season.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves