Total votes: 35

Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Re: Unsigned Free agents 

Post#61 » by Negrodamus » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:47 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Stanford wrote:Poor Ignas

Think Doc texted him to wish him well at least?

Honestly, Doc should be fired and ousted from the league if he didn't.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#62 » by LloydFree » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:59 pm

youngcrev wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Mike Muscala is no better than Mike Scott. Especially not in any playoff game. I wouldn't waste the energy it took to dial a phone, to pick him up.

I dunno, Mike Scott has been pretty terrible since getting that deal he's on now.

Muscala isn't great, but he fits what we need as an option at the 5. He's a willing and able shooter that provides some semblance of rim protection.

Recency perception. Mike Scott has been injured all year and just started playing. Last year and most of their careers Muscala and Mike Scott's numbers were virtually identical.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,471

Post#63 » by youngcrev » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:26 pm

LloydFree wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Mike Muscala is no better than Mike Scott. Especially not in any playoff game. I wouldn't waste the energy it took to dial a phone, to pick him up.

I dunno, Mike Scott has been pretty terrible since getting that deal he's on now.

Muscala isn't great, but he fits what we need as an option at the 5. He's a willing and able shooter that provides some semblance of rim protection.

Recency perception. Mike Scott has been injured all year and just started playing. Last year and most of their careers Muscala and Mike Scott's numbers were virtually identical.

Mike Scott's 32, so recency matters at an age where guys fall off (particularly ones that were fringe rotation players from the jump). Plus it's not like we're talking a small sample size, he was bad last year as well.

Beyond that, one is a stretch 4, the other is a stretch 5, which is what we actually need. Muscala takes 3s at a higher rate and has put up pretty decent rim protection numbers for a few years now.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#64 » by LloydFree » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:34 pm

youngcrev wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

Mike Scott's 32, so recency matters at an age where guys fall off (particularly ones that were fringe rotation players from the jump). Plus it's not like we're talking a small sample size, he was bad last year as well.

Beyond that, one is a stretch 4, the other is a stretch 5, which is what we actually need. Muscala takes 3s at a higher rate and has put up pretty decent rim protection numbers for a few years now.

One's a stretch 4 and one's a stretch 5, but that doesn't matter much when the 4 averages the same number of rebounds and blocks as the 5. When that's the case, and the 4 can at least offer some sort of perimeter defense, as opposed to the zero perimeter D that Muscala offers, it's really an easy decision.

There is no way in this lifetime, you'll see Doc Rivers put Mike Muscala on the court in a playoff, to get roasted by the Nets or Bucks. So don't waste a wish on that guy.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#65 » by rzzzzz » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:28 pm

What, Zhaire Smith not on the list? (Just kidding. The last I saw he was signed to Memphis for G League, but didn’t play a second.)
Probably delivering Uber eats.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,799

Post#66 » by HotelVitale » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:09 pm

youngcrev wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
youngcrev wrote: I dunno, Mike Scott has been pretty terrible since getting that deal he's on now. Muscala isn't great, but he fits what we need as an option at the 5. He's a willing and able shooter that provides some semblance of rim protection.
Mike Scott's 32, so recency matters at an age where guys fall off (particularly ones that were fringe rotation players from the jump). Plus it's not like we're talking a small sample size, he was bad last year as well..

Scott's been bad and I don't want to have to count on him, but it'd be weird for a jump shooter to start sucking at shooting at age 32. That generally keeps improving at least until mid-30s iirc. Also remember that he averaged around 40% from 3 for 3-4 seasons before last season, and he's always been pretty streaky. Feels like he's a lucky streak away from coming through big in the playoffs...or a cold streak away from glueing himself to the bench. Seems more like a lotto ticket/unknown than a dude who we're sure is washed up.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#67 » by zaz102 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:20 pm

I think it's more likely whoever they sign will be more of an emergency depth piece than somebody that will part of the playoff rotation.

As others mentioned, as bad as Mike Scott is, there doesn't seem to be many better options out there.

We'll see.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#68 » by the_process » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:56 am

Think maybe Gary Clark is their guy?
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#69 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Ding ding ding: We have a winner!

Those of you who selected Anthony Tolliver, collect your prize.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#70 » by mithrandir17 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Morey: We will add a 35 yr old veteran to this team to help us win a championship this year.

Expectation: Lowry

Reality: Tolliver
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#71 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:28 pm

mithrandir17 wrote:Morey: We will add a 35 yr old veteran to this team to help us win a championship this year.

Expectation: Lowry

Reality: Tolliver

:lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#72 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:34 pm

Tolliver.

Dario, Muscala, Mike Scott and Toliver.

A guy who can jack up volume of 3s with high release point to bail out Ben on his drive and draws.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#73 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#74 » by Phila Tough » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:52 pm

rzzzzz wrote:What, Zhaire Smith not on the list? (Just kidding. The last I saw he was signed to Memphis for G League, but didn’t play a second.)
Probably delivering Uber eats.

Did the injury derail him that much, or was he just that much of a missed draft pick? Guy is just 21 years old and was picked just outside the lottery a few years ago.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#75 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:18 pm

Just two years ago, the Timberwolves cut Bjelica, in order to replace him with Anthony Tolliver. There were a number of guys here who wanted Tolliver for the 76ers at the time.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#76 » by Tomjas » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:41 pm

Sounds promising

Read on Twitter
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by zaz102 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:03 am

Tomjas wrote:Sounds promising

Read on Twitter
Lol strange. I don't think anybody was expecting him to take minutes from Tobi. Is this just his way of not trying to throw Mike Scott under the bus?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,119

Post#78 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:11 am

I would not be surprised if one of Doc or Daryl leaves in a couple years. They don't seem to see eye to eye.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#79 » by LloydFree » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:15 am

zaz102 wrote:

Read on Twitter
Lol strange. I don't think anybody was expecting him to take minutes from Tobi. Is this just his way of not trying to throw Mike Scott under the bus?

I don't know why there is the expectation that whatever 6'8 guy we sign is automatically going to take Mike Scott's minutes. The Anthony Tolliver's, Mike Muscala's and Gary Clark's of the world are the same as Mike Scott. This is a depth signing, in case a PF gets hurt, they're not sitting there with only 1 backup Center and zero backup PFs.
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by zaz102 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:31 am

LloydFree wrote:
zaz102 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I don't know why there is the expectation that whatever 6'8 guy we sign is automatically going to take Mike Scott's minutes. The Anthony Tolliver's, Mike Muscala's and Gary Clark's of the world are the same as Mike Scott. This is a depth signing, in case a PF gets hurt, they're not sitting there with only 1 backup Center and zero backup PFs.
I don't disagree, but I just thought you may want to give the guy some minutes before the playoffs to see what he has left beforehand at least. And not sure who's expense that would be at besides Scott.

I guess you're thinking he is just there literally to put a body in if Harris and Scott get hurt or garbage time?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers