ImageImageImage

Injuries: Expired Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Re: Injuries: Fournier & Thompson (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1841 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:17 pm

grindtime22 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is there anyone else from other teams on Health and Safety Protocols right now? Or is it just Fournier?

There are other players that I see, but they have all been out for a while

Caulie Stein has missed 10 games already

KZ Okpala has missed 9 games

Paul Watson (Raptors) has missed 7 games

It appears Fournier is the positive

Not sure how you can be certain of that.
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#1842 » by grindtime22 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:56 am

Gomes3PC wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is there anyone else from other teams on Health and Safety Protocols right now? Or is it just Fournier?

Of course I can't be certain. It just seems logical. I could be missing something. Those are the only players I saw on the injury reports (https://www.espn.com/nba/injuries) with a current protocal designation. Fournier and 3 others. There was 1 positive test during that time period (March 31-April 7) as mentioned in the press release. There is only 1 player I see that joined the protocols during that time period (Fournier).

KZ Okpala joined protocols by March 23

Caulie Stein entered at least by March 18

Paul Watson was in protocols at least by March 26

I can't be 100%, because there could be a piece of information I'm missing, but I would certainly bet on Fournier being that 1 positive.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,127

Post#1843 » by Hal14 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:08 pm

grindtime22 wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:

Of course I can't be certain. It just seems logical. I could be missing something. Those are the only players I saw on the injury reports (https://www.espn.com/nba/injuries) with a current protocal designation. Fournier and 3 others. There was 1 positive test during that time period (March 31-April 7) as mentioned in the press release. There is only 1 player I see that joined the protocols during that time period (Fournier).

KZ Okpala joined protocols by March 23

Caulie Stein entered at least by March 18

Paul Watson was in protocols at least by March 26

I can't be 100%, because there could be a piece of information I'm missing, but I would certainly bet on Fournier being that 1 positive.

I get what you're saying. Since those other 3 players were already in protocol, that means they obviously were in quarantine, so they wouldn't have been a "new" case. If they were in quarantine, they either had COVID already or they didn't have it but still in quarantine- - if they didn't have it and were in quarantine, they would not be able to get it. And if they already had it, then it wouldn't be a new case - the report says 1 new case.

So yeah, it seems like the 1 new case is probably Fournier. Unless either a) 1 of those 3 other guys is the "new case" and they just didn't know until now that the guy had it, like it wasn't reported yet or known yet to the media...or 1 of those 3 other guys was in quarantine but still got it.

I mean, my fiancee's nephew is technically in quarantine right now because a kid in his grade at school just tested positive. But it's not like he is just locked in his bedroom 24/7, he's out and about, playing around the house, playing outside, he just isn't going anywhere in public. So technically even though he's in quarantine I could somehow get it and then give it to him..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,214

Re: Injuries: Fournier (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1844 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Pretty much confirms he has COVID. I don't know what we did to anger the basketball gods this much.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,681

Post#1845 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:48 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pretty much confirms he has COVID. I don't know what we did to anger the basketball gods this much.

Pretty much what I expected when he got put back in the protocol. I said it was going to miss two to three weeks and a certain poster said i didn't know what I was talking about.
*Insert witty signature here.*
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1846 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:56 pm

If things go "right", we'll have Fournier for the last 15 games of the season. Maybe last 10 with no minutes restrictions? Then hopefully no one else gets injured (haha).
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#1847 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh, fun
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Re: Injuries: Tatum (illness); Brown (Knee); Fournier (Safety Protocol) 

Post#1848 » by ParticleMan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:36 am

sit them all. even with everyone healthy we aren't winning in denver. maybe the plucky kids will rise up.
RodyTur10
Junior
And1: 360

Post#1849 » by RodyTur10 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:18 am

ParticleMan wrote:sit them all. even with everyone healthy we aren't winning in denver. maybe the plucky kids will rise up.

May as well do that. Rest: Walker, Smart and Rob Williams. So our top 6 would be out then.
Let's see if some guys can rise up to the occasion.

Start: Pritchard/Langford/Nesmith/G.Williams/Thompson + Bench: Waters/Edwards/Ojeleye/Wagner/Kornet (and Fall)
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,779

Post#1850 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:32 pm

ParticleMan wrote:sit them all. even with everyone healthy we aren't winning in denver. maybe the plucky kids will rise up.

Yes, and sit Marcus and Kemba too, or severely limit their minutes. Let Denver win by 50 instead of by 25.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#1851 » by 31to6 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:37 pm

oh boy, possibly another Carsen Edwards opportunity incoming.
when he becomes the first player in NBA history under 6' to start at SF today.

because you know, and I know, we could be missing e'rybody and Brad's not starting Nesmith
(Nesmith should never have slapped him in front of the team and called him a 'little bitch')
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#1852 » by Hal14 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:01 pm

31to6 wrote:oh boy, possibly another Carsen Edwards opportunity incoming.
when he becomes the first player in NBA history under 6' to start at SF today.

because you know, and I know, we could be missing e'rybody and Brad's not starting Nesmith
(Nesmith should never have slapped him in front of the team and called him a 'little bitch')

I can't tell if you're joking..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Hal14
RealGM

Post#1853 » by Hal14 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:11 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh, fun

So Tatum is hung over from getting a little too wild and crazy celebrating his 53 point game on Friday night? Half kidding..
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,488

Post#1854 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:44 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:If things go "right", we'll have Fournier for the last 15 games of the season. Maybe last 10 with no minutes restrictions? Then hopefully no one else gets injured (haha).

:nonono: If Fournier walks after just playing a dozen games there’s going to be a lot of frustration, especially after Ainge said he didn’t want to use the tpe ion a rental.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#1855 » by Hal14 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:If things go "right", we'll have Fournier for the last 15 games of the season. Maybe last 10 with no minutes restrictions? Then hopefully no one else gets injured (haha).

:nonono: If Fournier walks after just playing a dozen games there’s going to be a lot of frustration, especially after Ainge said he didn’t want to use the tpe ion a rental.

Yeah well it's not like it's anyone's fault that Fournier got COVID. 4 of the 15 states in the US with rising COVID cases are in New England, including Mass. We've just got bad luck this year..
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#1856 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Sigh...
Hal14
RealGM

Post#1857 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sigh...

Oh man, bummer. Let's hope he plays. But obviously Stevens is usually very conservative with Rob so maybe he sits.

We sure could use him though to pair him up with Thompson when going against LA's tandem in the middle of Drummond/Harrell.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1858 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 pm

Hal14 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sigh...

Oh man, bummer. Let's hope he plays. But obviously Stevens is usually very conservative with Rob so maybe he sits.

We sure could use him though to pair him up with Thompson when going against LA's tandem in the middle of Drummond/Harrell.

Not coach's call. Never has been. Stevens follows what the medical staff tells him.

Harrell backs up Drummond. They've never played together.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#1859 » by cloverleaf » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:30 pm

I'd like Rob to sit and Tacko to get at least 12 minutes tonight.

Thank you.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#1860 » by Hal14 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:49 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sigh...

Not coach's call. Never has been. Stevens follows what the medical staff tells him.

Harrell backs up Drummond. They've never played together.

1) Ok well then the medical staff is usually very conservative with Rob

2) Yeah, no kidding. I know that harrell backs up Drummond. Where did I ever say otherwise? I said they are LA's "tandem in the middle" ... a player who plays "in the middle" means center, that's common knowledge. Teams play only 1 center at a time, which is also common knowledge. By tandem I meant that is their center combo...the 2 they rotate at center.

Just like when I said we could sure use Rob to pair him up with Thompson. I didn't mean play the 2 of them together. That would be a terrible idea. I meant that is our center duo, our rotation, so 1 plays at a time and they rotate.

Guess I'll have to make it painfully obvious what I mean in the future so people don't try to pick apart my posts, lol.

Return to Boston Celtics