Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Re: Gonzaga prospects thread 2021 

Post#121 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:24 am

Stillwater wrote:
peZt wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:I think Kispert can become Hayward 2.0. Same size, skill set and athleticism. He's definitely a 1st rounder and should go anywhere from mid-late lottery to the teens. I didn't appreciate him before but now see how good he can be in the NBA provided he works hard and reaches his potential.

Hayward has wayyy more ballskills and is on a different level as an athlete.
Kispert is basically Joe Harris. Sometimes the most obvious comparison is the right one

I dont think he is Harris is the best comp maybe Harris light. He might be at some point that clutch from deep but he like Harris is sneaky athletic so maybe he brings another dimension at the next level in a larger role than college.
I definitely dont see Kispert at the same level of ball handler or playmaker as GH was coming into the league so its a bad comp but it probably is not that far of a stretch to say his BBiq is up there.
given the struggles he has defensively his stock probably has not moved up ending the season on a sour note

Kispert is the better shooter coming out of college. He is the much better FT shooter and just put up back 2 back seasons from 3 that were better than any season Harris had.

Now ya a big part of Harris has been his progression, he has become one of those elite off ball movers and shooting on the move. But if youre trying to project what Kispert can become, Harris is kind of the exact guy youre looking at. Big guy that can play the 2 or 3, and is an elite outside shooter.

I think whoever drafts Kispert it would be a huge mistake to try and turn him into anything more than an elite off ball shooter. Stick him in the film room and just have him watch Korver/JJ all day and night. That is how youre going to maximize his impact.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#122 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:16 am

ruffian253 wrote:Timme is more Sabonis, high IQ, technically proficient big man with excellent footwork. Yeah, he will need to signficantly bulk up, but considering his high IQ, he is definitely a 1st rounder, not a lotto pick.

He looks absolutely nowhere near as strong and tough as Sabonis did. Sabonis was a man amongst boys in the paint.

He's an inside player, but a finesse one who can be negated fairly easily by NBA level defenders. He is BBQ chicken on defense. He doesn't have 3-point range. You are basically looking at a guy who's only real strength is the worst form of scoring the league, and doesn't even project to be anything special at it.

Maybe he shocks us in the pros and shows new skills, but based on what he's shown so far, he has no business going in the first, even though he might.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#123 » by kobyz » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:26 am

Timme resembles some Danny Manning
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#124 » by CoreyVillains » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:26 pm

Banged out my Jalen Suggs Film Sesh. Kid is so much fun to root for.

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#125 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:55 pm

CoreyVillains wrote:Banged out my Jalen Suggs Film Sesh. Kid is so much fun to root for.

good vid per usual, but the lonzo comp is a weird one.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,729

Post#126 » by VanWest82 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:50 pm

Kispert looks like a more complete player to me than Harris. He might never be as good of a shooter but he can put the ball on the floor and attack close outs. He runs some PnR. He's a pretty high level decision maker on both ends. Defensively that leads to him being a good help defender. Bet he's smart enough to fit in Nurse's system, for example, and it's not like he's getting attacked out there.

I've seen people compare him to Doug McDermott. Kispert looks like he has a more athletic build to me. His athleticism is sneaky but it's there. People are down on him because Davion Mitchell freaked him out in the title game but Kispert can play.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#127 » by SmoothLefty21 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:46 am

VanWest82 wrote:Kispert looks like a more complete player to me than Harris. He might never be as good of a shooter but he can put the ball on the floor and attack close outs. He runs some PnR. He's a pretty high level decision maker on both ends. Defensively that leads to him being a good help defender. Bet he's smart enough to fit in Nurse's system, for example, and it's not like he's getting attacked out there.

I've seen people compare him to Doug McDermott. Kispert looks like he has a more athletic build to me. His athleticism is sneaky but it's there. People are down on him because Davion Mitchell freaked him out in the title game but Kispert can play.

Overall I agree though McDermott has some underrated hops. I don't think Kipsert is as good of an athlete but I do agree that he's a more complete player.

It's 2021, a 6'7" wing who's an elite shooter, a smart player, and doesn't have any huge holes in his game? That's about as bust-proof as it gets nowadays, though his ceiling obviously isn't very high. I can't wait to see when he gets picked.
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Post#128 » by nybluemeadow » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:52 am

Suggs is not going to be a star or ever be in the conversation for NBA MVP, but he is going to be a good player. Suggs reminds me or looks like a slightly bigger Tony Parker.
kobyz
Rookie

Post#129 » by kobyz » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:44 am

How is Suggs different from Markelle Fultz as a prospect coming out of college?
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Post#130 » by nybluemeadow » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:48 pm

kobyz wrote:How is Suggs different from Markelle Fultz as a prospect coming out of college?

Fultz was more of a jumpshooting guard with a good midrange game and elite 3pt shot

Suggs is more of an attacking guard like Tony Parker or Wade with only an average to below average 3pt shot.

I don't think Suggs will ever be as elite as Wade, but I think he can be a combo guard version of 2000s Tony Parker, which was 18ppg and 6 assist, with below average 3pt shooting but hitting +50FG%
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#131 » by CoreyVillains » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:10 pm

clyde21 wrote:
CoreyVillains wrote:Banged out my Jalen Suggs Film Sesh. Kid is so much fun to root for.

good vid per usual, but the lonzo comp is a weird one.

Thanks dude. On the surface it does seem weird, but they're both guards who have somewhat stiff handles in the half court, with good vision, love throwing full to three quarter court hit aheads, and can defend. I dont think he's a carbon copy, I just think there are a lot of shades. But Suggs isnt afraid to shoot FTs so I think he'll have more of a half court game coming in.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#132 » by peZt » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:27 am

People keep comparing him to guys like Westbrook, Tony Parker, Wade and I am left wondering why. His athleticism is more like Lillard, Brogdon than even close to the first three
kobyz
Rookie

Post#133 » by kobyz » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:51 am

I see him as a Jrue Holiday/Derek Harper hybrid
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#134 » by Ruzious » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:59 pm

peZt wrote:People keep comparing him to guys like Westbrook, Tony Parker, Wade and I am left wondering why. His athleticism is more like Lillard, Brogdon than even close to the first three

Wondering how someone could be like both Lillard and Brogdon. Lillard has great speed and quickness. Brogdon's a player who relies more on his length and strength.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,305

Post#135 » by hippesthippo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Suggs looks like a young Chauncey Billups to me.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#136 » by hippesthippo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Fischella wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Fisch 2 days ago: Timme ain't coming back

Fisch today: Timme coming back

To be fair my point was that he shouldn't come back, and I still think so, but seems like with being exposed in this last one, he prob does return

He wasn't exposed it was already known his limitations lol
He is a high iq forward with easy NBA rotation potential as is already but will always be a liability as a starter defensively.

No way Timme should go back to Gonzaga. His stock will never be higher. Being surrounded with such high level talent really let him shine in the tourney, but another year will just further expose his weaknesses.

Timme is a late first / early second guy. 4th big on a good team. He has enough smarts on offense that you won't be mad having him on your team.

NBA Comp: Brian Scalabrine :lol: :lol: 8-)
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by Ruzious » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:59 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Fischella wrote:
To be fair my point was that he shouldn't come back, and I still think so, but seems like with being exposed in this last one, he prob does return

He wasn't exposed it was already known his limitations lol
He is a high iq forward with easy NBA rotation potential as is already but will always be a liability as a starter defensively.

No way Timme should go back to Gonzaga. His stock will never be higher. Being surrounded with such high level talent really let him shine in the tourney, but another year will just further expose his weaknesses.

Timme is a late first / early second guy. 4th big on a good team. He has enough smarts on offense that you won't be mad having him on your team.

Timme's definitely got the facial hair advantage over white mamba.

If he does return to Gonzaga, he should be encouraged to shoot a lot more 3's. I think he's going to need to be a 3 point threat to become a rotation player in the NBA, and he can do that - it just wasn't part of his role this season. Changing his role would be the only reason I see for him to return.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#138 » by hippesthippo » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:34 pm

Ruzious wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
Stillwater wrote:He wasn't exposed it was already known his limitations lol

If he does return to Gonzaga, he should be encouraged to shoot a lot more 3's. I think he's going to need to be a 3 point threat to become a rotation player in the NBA, and he can do that - it just wasn't part of his role this season. Changing his role would be the only reason I see for him to return.

He looked good in the tourney as an elbow distributor which is a role that's currently en vogue in the NBA. I'm not sure he'll have that same role next year with lesser talent around him. Personally, I think his 3-ball is something that front offices can already project.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by Ruzious » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:33 am

hippesthippo wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:

He looked good in the tourney as an elbow distributor which is a role that's currently en vogue in the NBA. I'm not sure he'll have that same role next year with lesser talent around him. Personally, I think his 3-ball is something that front offices can already project.

I think actually seeing things in in-game competition makes them a lot easier to project.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,374

Post#140 » by GSWFan1994 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:49 pm

Suggs reminds me of Brandon Roy: sneaky athleticism, great handles, good shooting, high IQ, average wingspan, makes everyone else better by simply knowing how to play the game in a selfless way.

Return to NBA Draft