ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you trade Siakam this summer?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Would you trade Siakam this off season?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 218

kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Re: Would you trade Siakam this summer? 

Post#161 » by kj_ » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:19 pm

Dyehardrapsfan wrote:for the right price.

I would trade Siakam or OG.
I keep saying Pascal can dominate at the small forward position.
OG is an offensive liability.

OG would be a beast as a shooting guard. I’d prefer the raps go big with Fred, OG, Siakam, Boucher and a stretch C.

OG and Siakam could post the opposing 2 guard on repeat. This would force doubles which could initiate the drive and kick game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,621

Post#162 » by Psubs » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:12 am

OG is a beast PF tonight!

The offense looks soooooo good without Siakam trying to score.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#163 » by pkiskool » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:09 am

Boogie! wrote:
pkiskool wrote:If the price is right, yes.
He's talented in his own regards but he doesn't have the x-factor... him and Norm the same type... just a good supporting cast.
You look at guys like Gary Trent or even Fred, they have that stage presence... Pascal doesn't unfortunately.

Yeah he only made the game winning basket in the final seconds of game 6 of the finals.

What are people even saying? Trent has stage presence because he made one ducking game winner... demar made one too in a meaningless regular season game...

Stage presence.
Just sayin'
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#164 » by Boogie! » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:11 am

pkiskool wrote:
Boogie! wrote:
pkiskool wrote:If the price is right, yes.
He's talented in his own regards but he doesn't have the x-factor... him and Norm the same type... just a good supporting cast.
You look at guys like Gary Trent or even Fred, they have that stage presence... Pascal doesn't unfortunately.

Yeah he only made the game winning basket in the final seconds of game 6 of the finals.

What are people even saying? Trent has stage presence because he made one ducking game winner... demar made one too in a meaningless regular season game...

Stage presence.
Just sayin'

Can’t wait a few years from now when you wanna trade him. This board loves getting overly excited only to **** on a player in a few years. People need to be more realistic and consistent with their expectations of players.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#165 » by Psubs » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:57 am

Pascal = Derozan 2.0
Psubs
RealGM

Post#166 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 am

Ughhhhh
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,801

Post#167 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:29 am

Psubs wrote:Pascal = Derozan 2.0

Was it their fault that they had to be the go to players of their teams? It's on Masai to find a scorer better than Siakam. Siakam already provided he can be the 2nd option of a championship team, which is more than a lot of guys in his position.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#168 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:30 am

Problem is his value is at an all time low right now... best for him to regroup in the offseason...
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#169 » by Mister Ze » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:32 am

His trade value is extremely low right now mainly cause he’s the first option on most nights.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#170 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:43 am

Tor_Raps wrote:

Was it their fault that they had to be the go to players of their teams? It's on Masai to find a scorer better than Siakam. Siakam already provided he can be the 2nd option of a championship team, which is more than a lot of guys in his position.

That's what Trent is for. :D

No trade him this summer as he has too many years left. Wait until 2.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,801

Post#171 » by Tor_Raps » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:47 am

Psubs wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Sure, enjoy all the Trent love this year. Let me know how you'll think of him if he earns a 20M per year contract next year.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#172 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:10 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Sure, enjoy all the Trent love this year. Let me know how you'll think of him if he earns a 20M per year contract next year.

He plays like Mini-Melo. If he plays well enough to earn a contract more than OG then he showed he was consistently putting up 20+ ppg the rest of the season.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#173 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:24 am

Tonight was the final nail in the coffin for me...trade Pascal for the best offer this offseason and call it a day.
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#174 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:57 am

I'm done with this guy. cant defend him anymore. The choke jobs are getting worse and worse
Blood Orange
Sixth Man
And1: 2,795

Post#175 » by Blood Orange » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:06 am

Raptor fans are so knee-jerk, emotional individuals, and its pretty hilarious reading these responses. Ya'll need to chill out, and take a break from the computer, lol.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#176 » by Oakville_Raptor » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:16 am

JuelzSantana wrote:Raptor fans are so knee-jerk, emotional individuals, and its pretty hilarious reading these responses. Ya'll need to chill out, and take a break from the computer, lol.

Siakam has been trash for almost 2 years now. This isn't some overnight thing.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#177 » by junot111 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:27 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:
JuelzSantana wrote:Raptor fans are so knee-jerk, emotional individuals, and its pretty hilarious reading these responses. Ya'll need to chill out, and take a break from the computer, lol.

Lol what? He was completely fine last year until March when the NBA shut down. He was trash in the bubble. If he's been trash for 2 years I wonder how we won the championship less than two years ago? How did he make the all star team a year ago? :crazy:
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#178 » by Pooh_Jeter » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:46 am

junot111 wrote:
Oakville_Raptor wrote:

Lol what? He was completely fine last year until March when the NBA shut down. He was trash in the bubble. If he's been trash for 2 years I wonder how we won the championship less than two years ago? How did he make the all star team a year ago? :crazy:

He had an excellent 2 and a half months last year then was trending downwards from late December on.

He had a ton of cover the championship season. He was great against the Magic and Warriors and was awful against the 76ers and Bucks. He was a quasi #2 option that year, it wasn't exactly a Kobe and Shaq situation.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Blood Orange
Sixth Man
And1: 2,795

Post#179 » by Blood Orange » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:

I think you need to cut him some slack. The guy is obviously still recovering from a particular ailment and isn't playing his best basketball. I'm sure in the offseason he'll be back to normal after proper conditioning.

Looking at his stats, the only thing thats really dropped off is his 3 pt shooting percentage, and it appears that he is well aware of that since he's taking less 3 point shots a game. Last year he was taking nearly 6 attempts and now he's only averaging about 4 a game. The guy is playing towards his current strengths probably because the lack of consistently playing games has broken his rhythm for his 3 point shooting.

Also consider that other areas of his game have improved like his AST, FT percentage and lowering his turnover rate. I don't think many of you are actually looking at him objectively and purely from a game to game basis, primarily when he has a standalone poor game, or makes a couple of late game errors.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/siakapa01.html

I personally don't think Siakam is the issue, especially if other current NBA franchises are killing for a 4 like Siakam on their team, knowing what he is capable of.

Furthermore, you can't win championships every year, so be happy we even won one. That said, we have a very competent FO and they'll figure it out. They've already won one championship, what makes you think we can't win another? Masai is a very shrewd GM, have you quickly forgotten the Derozan situation?
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#180 » by junot111 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 am

Pooh_Jeter wrote:He had an excellent 2 and a half months last year then was trending downwards from late December on.

That is simply not true... Have you seen his splits?

Dec 2019: 36.2MPG, 25/6.9/2.9, 55% TS
Jan 2020: 30.8MPG, 20.8/6.5/2.9, 57% TS
Feb 2020: 35.6MPG, 23.1/7.2/3.6, 56.6% TS
Mar 2020: 39.6MPG, 23.2/7.6/5.2, 54.7% TS

That doesn't look like he was trending downwards at all, unless you consider PPG to be the only important metric.

Pooh_Jeter wrote:He had a ton of cover the championship season. He was great against the Magic and Warriors and was awful against the 76ers and Bucks. He was a quasi #2 option that year, it wasn't exactly a Kobe and Shaq situation.

Who said it was a Kobe and Shaq situation? The point is he's proven himself as a 3rd option on a championship team. That's what the Bucks are asking Middleton/Holiday to be this year and they are both older and paid nearly the same. Some Raptors fans have a ridiculous expectation that Siakam needs to be better than that or shipped out.

Return to Toronto Raptors