Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,960

Re: OT: TV and Movies (With Spoilers) 

Post#1561 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:25 am

blazza18 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Supernatural series finale got me in the feels. 15 damn years!

I finally finished this too and tears were shed. Thought the 2nd last episode was a great ending (and actually thought it was until ep 20 auto play came up) and wished they did a better job with the actual finale.

Spoiler:
Guess covid screwed them a bit with only Bobby being in heaven. Missed not seeing Cas and Jack. Even Eileen for Sam would've been good

Spoiler:
For the first half of the episode I was PISSED. I kind of liked that they went back to a classic monster of the week, but having Dean go out like that really upset me. I just kept thinking, "They can't be doing this, they can't be doing this" and they **** did it.

But they mostly saved it. Heaven and Bobby were great. I like how Sam got the good life he deserved. Like you I was bummed they didn't have more people in the heaven scene, though. Cas not being there sucked. Mary, John, Jess, Jo, Jody, Gordon, and Ellen would have been incredible. But the ending scene on the bridge with the brothers was perfect.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1562 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:55 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Supernatural series finale got me in the feels. 15 damn years!

I finally finished this too and tears were shed. Thought the 2nd last episode was a great ending (and actually thought it was until ep 20 auto play came up) and wished they did a better job with the actual finale.

Spoiler:
Guess covid screwed them a bit with only Bobby being in heaven. Missed not seeing Cas and Jack. Even Eileen for Sam would've been good

Spoiler:
For the first half of the episode I was PISSED. I kind of liked that they went back to a classic monster of the week, but having Dean go out like that really upset me. I just kept thinking, "They can't be doing this, they can't be doing this" and they **** did it.

But they mostly saved it. Heaven and Bobby were great. I like how Sam got the good life he deserved. Like you I was bummed they didn't have more people in the heaven scene, though. Cas not being there sucked. Mary, John, Jess, Jo, Jody, Gordon, and Ellen would have been incredible. But the ending scene on the bridge with the brothers was perfect.

Spoiler:
I liked the idea of ending the show with a monster of the week case but it was pretty eh. Both dudes kicked ass in the death scene though. That with the heaven scene with Bobby and Carry On Wayward Son playing right up until the bridge scene redeemed it. With how they've dealt with the death of both brothers before I thought an actual end to the show was always going to be tough but they almost pulled it off.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#1563 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:41 pm

RIP DMX

Belly is a very underrated movie.

Absolutely classic into: https://youtu.be/Zxz9CK-ePZc

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#1564 » by Badgerlander » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 am

Wow Winter Soldier episode is great tonight

Edit ok so there are lots of little problems in the story but the ending...
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1565 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:14 pm

I was today's day old when I realized how much I was spending on streaming TV services. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Discovery+, Disney+, AppleTV+, HBOMax, and then the kickers: subscriptions inside of Prime: AMC+, Paramount+, Showtime, and Starz. I also pay for Cable TV. I'm a goddamn idiot.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,229

Post#1566 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:59 am

Iheartfootball wrote:Anyone see "Nobody"? It was pretty much everything I wanted in an action movie at this point of my life. Two thumbs way up.

Saw it tonight. Over the top crazy. Odenkirk was bad ass :lol:
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#1567 » by Plossum » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:03 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I was today's day old when I realized how much I was spending on streaming TV services. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Discovery+, Disney+, AppleTV+, HBOMax, and then the kickers: subscriptions inside of Prime: AMC+, Paramount+, Showtime, and Starz. I also pay for Cable TV. I'm a goddamn idiot.

#LockUpChuck
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#1568 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:37 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:Anyone see "Nobody"? It was pretty much everything I wanted in an action movie at this point of my life. Two thumbs way up.

Saw it tonight. Over the top crazy. Odenkirk was bad ass :lol:

It was a great action movie, right? It was the first movie I saw in the theatre since they partly reopened here in the Bay Area and it was exactly what I needed to see. Total popcorn flick that was entertaining from beginning to end. I felt like I was living vicariously through him since we have had our home broken into twice in the past (luckily we weren't home when they happened).

Odenkirk was talking about how he had been through two home invasions and almost didn't take "Better Call Saul" because of them in an interview I just listened to. He said he said "no" twice, then he talked to his family and they gave him the okay. When he called his agent to tell him he was in they had upped the offer.

Anyway, I think acting this out was cathartic for him as well. Like practicing psychodrama without being aware of it.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#1569 » by Iheartfootball » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I was today's day old when I realized how much I was spending on streaming TV services. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Discovery+, Disney+, AppleTV+, HBOMax, and then the kickers: subscriptions inside of Prime: AMC+, Paramount+, Showtime, and Starz. I also pay for Cable TV. I'm a goddamn idiot.

No, you're not an idiot. My two cents, entertainment companies priced them in a way that individually they appear cheap, they spaced out their launches so you didn't purchase them all at once, and there is legitimate entertainment value at those individual price points. You aren't the only one spending more on TV entertainment than you did a few years ago, the move from cable to streaming has been fast and opened new revenue streams that didn't exist prior. Pandemic didn't help that cause either. Too many choices.

One consumer strategy is to subscribe to a few for a couple months and rotate but they were smart and made many of them annual subscriptions at teaser rates so you get hooked and just end up continuing to pay after the year is up. Not sure what how it will shake out but maybe they find a way to bundle them for consumers along with live TV. But they don't really have incentive right now because everyone just started subscribing to these new services over the past year or two.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#1570 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:54 am

MickeyDavis wrote:TWD: I found Neegan's backstory interesting.

REALLY enjoyed this episode. Was that the season finale? Mid-season finale? I can never keep track anymore.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1571 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:21 am

VooDoo7 wrote:

REALLY enjoyed this episode. Was that the season finale? Mid-season finale? I can never keep track anymore.

That was it for the current season. The final season starts in August. 24 episodes. 8 this year, 8 early next year and the final 8 in the second half of 2022.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,558

Post#1572 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:04 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

That was it for the current season. The final season starts in August. 24 episodes. 8 this year, 8 early next year and the final 8 in the second half of 2022.

So even when the show mercifully comes to an end, they find a way to stretch it out as long as possible. Classic TWD.

:lol:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1573 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:20 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:REALLY enjoyed this episode. Was that the season finale? Mid-season finale? I can never keep track anymore.

So even when the show mercifully comes to an end, they find a way to stretch it out as long as possible. Classic TWD.

:lol:

Oh yeah, and then there is the "spinoff" series with Carol and Darryl (and his other brother Darryl).
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1574 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:20 pm

I enjoyed the premiere episode of The Nevers.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1575 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Fear the Walking Deasd

Spoiler:
The main reason I watch this show is that I like Lennie James and Garret Dillahunt. Now they've killed off Dillahunt. Crap. At least there is a lot of action in this show, unlike the original.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#1576 » by Siefer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Wife and I watched Chronos (1993) and Stardust (2007) over the weekend. I'd seen and fondly remembered both, and she'd not seen either. Happy to report they held up. Chronos is just a pacing/effects masterclass, and Ron Pearlman is so damn charming. Stardust is based on a Gaiman book, so you know it's going to be playing around with its genre, but the humor and romance aspects have aged well.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1577 » by crkone » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:53 pm

I gave the first episode of Invincible a try but the animation is pretty rough and it wasn't that interesting.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,359

Post#1578 » by MoreTrife » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:50 pm

crkone wrote:I gave the first episode of Invincible a try but the animation is pretty rough and it wasn't that interesting.

Huh. I was unaware of the comic and have really enjoyed the three episodes I saw. I mean, the end of that first episode made my jaw drop.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#1579 » by Lippo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Gangs of London fills my Banshee & Warrior withdrawals for now..
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1580 » by 4xBuck » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:11 pm

On Thursday I found out about the BBC's Bodyguard on Netflix. Binged the six episodes on Sunday. Good stuff... I understand they're gonna finally film a 2nd season. I'm looking forward to it.

I guess like a lot of people, I finally found the show when I eventually got tagged in on the "snipper scene". It was intense... I linked it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks