ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#541 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:29 pm

This is beyond absurd. And everything that is wrong with our justice system.

This is the stuff we get for a live murder on film of a cop kneeling on a dudes neck until he dies. Just image what goes on to cover up and sweep away the stuff not caught on film
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#542 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:47 pm

Prokorov wrote:Image

This is the stuff we get for a live murder on film of a cop kneeling on a dudes neck until he dies. Just image what goes on to cover up and sweep away the stuff not caught on film

I haven't been watching the trial because I can't deal with it emotionally, and reading that headline made me want to hurt someone.

That cop needs a **** ing bullet.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#543 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Image

I haven't been watching the trial because I can't deal with it emotionally, and reading that headline made me want to hurt someone.

That cop needs a **** ing bullet.

its gotten worse every day. The defense is basically presenting a case that murdering black people should basically be ok at the discretion of the officer.

If chauvin gets off, it will set a wild precedent. Basically anything someone says can be interpeted as "assiting arrest" and if you resist arrest anything the cops do to you is fair game
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#544 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Why cant cops execute a traffic stop without killing someone?

Like why does it always have to result to shots fired. Why cant they apprehend someone alive? why cant it be non-deadly force? dude was pulled over for having stuff hanging from his rearview mirror.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#545 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Read on Twitter

also before we get picutres of the dude smoking a cigarette or made to look like a thug here is the young man with his 2-year old son.

The cops took this young childs father. this kid will grow up knowing that he can be killed just for being blake, because thats what happened to his dad. its so disturbing.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#546 » by Rich Rane » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:02 pm

Police bodycam footage of 13-year-old Adam Toledo shot dead.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#547 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 am

Rich Rane wrote:Police bodycam footage of 13-year-old Adam Toledo shot dead.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

why the shoot first lethal stuff friggin always with these cops?!

Grab the tazer. put dude on the ground, cuff him. how about an attempt to apprehend?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#548 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:21 am

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I'm not going to watch this. I already screwed up by watching the Daunte Wright murder. I'm not going to watch a Black child be murdered by these state sponsored lynchings.

After the Philando Castile shooting where I watched him bleed to death in front of his family, I can't mentally handle seeing these snuff films. This stuff does psychological damage to Black people. That video threw me into a state of depression that I don't feel like revisiting.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#549 » by Prokorov » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I'm not going to watch this. I already screwed up by watching the Daunte Wright murder. I'm not going to watch a Black child be murdered by these state sponsored lynchings.

After the Philando Castile shooting where I watched him bleed to death in front of his family, I can't mentally handle seeing these snuff films. This stuff does psychological damage to Black people. That video threw me into a state of depression that I don't feel like revisiting.

No need to watch it. having seen it several times, your assumptions are likely correct.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#550 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:09 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

No need to watch it. having seen it several times, your assumptions are likely correct.

So it has come to my attention that the young child was a Mexican-American boy.

My point still stands, and my anger is still the same. This child should not be dead, and American police are a pack of murderous thugs who should be made to live in fear for what they are doing. Adam could have been White and I would say the same thing. I'm sick of it and sick of these pigs who sleep soundly at night after they murder people.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#551 » by gigantes » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:51 am

Read on Twitter

On all counts... thank the maker.

I'd read some hypotheses a while back that this f-cker would somehow get off, or get off lightly. What an awful precedent that would have been.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#552 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:23 am

gigantes wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd read some hypotheses a while back that this f-cker would somehow get off, or get off lightly. What an awful precedent that would have been.

Yessir, it's a relief, and a start. I'm thankful.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#553 » by GTR11 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Why is this even possible?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#554 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:06 am

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Why is this even possible?

The country was established by rich white slave owners. Everything ass backwards in this country is a direct result of it.

gigantes
Starter

Post#555 » by gigantes » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:39 am

Are we all caught up now...?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#556 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:15 pm

gigantes wrote:
Read on Twitter

he still has multiple appeals. not out of the woods yet but this is a good start
gigantes
Starter

Post#557 » by gigantes » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:16 pm

Prokorov wrote:he still has multiple appeals. not out of the woods yet but this is a good start

IIRC he also has to get through a "Blakely" examination (something local to his state) which could actually pump up the sentencing lengths against him.

Meanwhile I notice more than one extremist right-winger (with their major audiences, sadly) crying 'miscarriage of justice' upon this stuff. Like, zoiks?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#558 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:28 pm

gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:he still has multiple appeals. not out of the woods yet but this is a good start

IIRC he also has to get through a "Blakely" examination (something local to his state) which could actually pump up the sentencing lengths against him.

Meanwhile I notice more than one extremist right-winger (with their major audiences, sadly) crying 'miscarriage of justice' upon this stuff. Like, zoiks?

They make it no secret that they enjoy seeing Black people killed. That's why I don't tolerate any of the "Both sides" discourse that disingenuous centrists try to push.

gigantes
Starter

Post#559 » by gigantes » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:

They make it no secret that they enjoy seeing Black people killed. That's why I don't tolerate any of the "Both sides" discourse that disingenuous centrists try to push.

One thing that deeply bums me out about America is the way everything here basically comes down to the slavish pursuit of *money*, and also the fact that genuine centrists (advocating for universal health care, equal rights, voting without ridiculous hurdles, etc) are automatically labelled as "leftists" in this bizarro, wack-a-doodle nation.

Just, BULL... SH-T, dude.

In FACT, the United States has turned in to a weirdly right-wing, authoritarian, 'less than great' country, dominated by wealthy interests, and most of us are suffering as a result. Even worse, it affects our kids, loved ones, family... people we normally bust ass to shelter from this mad situation. If that doesn't suck most of all, I sure as heck don't know what does. :/
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#560 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:IIRC he also has to get through a "Blakely" examination (something local to his state) which could actually pump up the sentencing lengths against him.

One thing that deeply bums me out about America is the way everything here basically comes down to the slavish pursuit of *money*, and also the fact that genuine centrists (advocating for universal health care, equal rights, voting without ridiculous hurdles, etc) are automatically labelled as "leftists" in this bizarro, wack-a-doodle nation.

Just, BULL... SH-T, dude.

In FACT, the United States has turned in to a weirdly right-wing, authoritarian, 'less than great' country, dominated by wealthy interests, and most of us are suffering as a result. Even worse, it affects our kids, loved ones, family... people we normally bust ass to shelter from this mad situation. If that doesn't suck most of all, I sure as heck don't know what does. :/

Monarchy to be simplistic. MDB pointed it right. This country bent to losers of the Civil War.

Return to Brooklyn Nets