ImageImageImage

Miami Heat @ Portland Trailblazers 4/11 Sunday 10PM chiiiiiit

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Re: Miami Heat @ Portland Trailblazers 4/11 Sunday 10PM chiiiiiit 

Post#201 » by abark » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:43 am

Everyone comparing Nunn and Dipo...

Of our 3 pg's, (if Dipo actually comes back) it's Dragic that should drop to the bottom of the rotation.

First it was Nunn vs Herro. Now Nunn vs Dipo. This team does have too many guards. But we keep arguing over who should have their minutes cut, while leaving out Dragic. Love the guy, but he has struggled since the end of January.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,608

Post#202 » by HEATVols865 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:56 am

So our Center, All Star, Max Player...got 3 rebounds. 3!
What a waste of money...unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,027

Post#203 » by twix2500 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:15 pm

abark wrote:Everyone comparing Nunn and Dipo...

Of our 3 pg's, (if Dipo actually comes back) it's Dragic that should drop to the bottom of the rotation.

First it was Nunn vs Herro. Now Nunn vs Dipo. This team does have too many guards. But we keep arguing over who should have their minutes cut, while leaving out Dragic. Love the guy, but he has struggled since the end of January.

First it was Nunn vs Waiters then it was Nunn vs Winslow. He beat all four out so far lol.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#204 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:43 pm

It's not about who's beytter now - it's about who provides the higher celling for the Team.

I think it's clearly Oladipo. When he's on - he's a better defender, rebounder, more steals, blocks, a lot more free throws, puts a lot more pressure on defenses.

Nunn doesn't bring enough scoring advantage to negate all the advantages Dipo brings.

In any case it's great to see Nunn playing well, we could use both and Dipo might not even return. Who knows.

I think Nunn showed he can be a contributor, and he is getting better - but he does some very clear limitations.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,052

Post#205 » by SA37 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Dragic probably won't be with the team beyond next season. He and Iguodala are expirings Miami will try to use to add another star, potentially Beal.

I don't know if Miami has any intention of retaining Nunn beyond this season or what Nunn's value will be in RFA. It is hard to see any team offering him $10M+ per season, but it seems clear Miami is going to pursue Lowry and has probably the best chance of signing him. That would mean:

Dragic - Lowry - Oladipo - Herro - Robinson
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#206 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Just getting back from long weekend getaway. Nice to see us pick up the W. Thanks for the generosity OP.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#207 » by abark » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:53 pm

SA37 wrote:

Dragic probably won't be with the team beyond next season. He and Iguodala are expirings Miami will try to use to add another star, potentially Beal.

I don't know if Miami has any intention of retaining Nunn beyond this season or what Nunn's value will be in RFA. It is hard to see any team offering him $10M+ per season, but it seems clear Miami is going to pursue Lowry and has probably the best chance of signing him. That would mean:

I'm talking about for this season. And obviously it is dependent on Dipo getting fully healthy and getting back to playing starters minutes (which isn't looking great).

If that happens and one of Dragic or Nunn is racking up DNP's. It should be Dragic.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#208 » by twix2500 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:26 pm

SA37 wrote:

I don't see a scenario where the Heat have both Lowry and Dipo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
SA37
RealGM

Post#209 » by SA37 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:03 pm

twix2500 wrote:
SA37 wrote:

I can't be bothered to check the cap numbers and such, but Miami will have Oladipo's Bird Rights and, my understanding is, still have ~$26M in cap space or thereabouts with which to sign Lowry. Miami could always acquire Lowry via S&T and that would allow the Raptors to create a huge TPE.

If Miami is able to get a commitment from both Oladipo and Lowry, it's hard to imagine Miami having trouble moving Dragic and/or Iguodala elsewhere (say, for Kevin Love, as part of a S&T for Lowry, or to a team with cap space who strikes out in FA or decides to save their money for 2022 -- perhaps San Antonio or NY).

Again, I could be wrong bc I haven't checked the cap numbers and I am not as familiar as I used to be with the CBA rules, but this all seems doable.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#210 » by twix2500 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:48 pm

SA37 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
SA37 wrote:

I can't be bothered to check the cap numbers and such, but Miami will have Oladipo's Bird Rights and, my understanding is, still have ~$26M in cap space or thereabouts with which to sign Lowry. Miami could always acquire Lowry via S&T and that would allow the Raptors to create a huge TPE.

If Miami is able to get a commitment from both Oladipo and Lowry, it's hard to imagine Miami having trouble moving Dragic and/or Iguodala elsewhere (say, for Kevin Love, as part of a S&T for Lowry, or to a team with cap space who strikes out in FA or decides to save their money for 2022 -- perhaps San Antonio or NY).

Again, I could be wrong bc I haven't checked the cap numbers and I am not as familiar as I used to be with the CBA rules, but this all seems doable.

It makes no sense to get Lowry and choose Dipo over Nunn and another position of need. The foundation of the team if they get Lowry should be:

PG: Lowry - Nunn
SG: Robinson - Herro
SF: Butler
PF: Okpala
Ce: Adebayo - Achuiwa

They need to focus on filling voids at forward. Possible make a run at Markief Morris. Weigh the value of Bjelica and Dedmon, are they worth returning to the roster?
SA37
RealGM

Post#211 » by SA37 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:15 pm

twix2500 wrote:
SA37 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:I don't see a scenario where the Heat have both Lowry and Dipo.

It makes no sense to get Lowry and choose Dipo over Nunn and another position of need. The foundation of the team if they get Lowry should be:

PG: Lowry - Nunn
SG: Robinson - Herro
SF: Butler
PF: Okpala
Ce: Adebayo - Achuiwa

They need to focus on filling voids at forward. Possible make a run at Markief Morris. Weigh the value of Bjelica and Dedmon, are they worth returning to the roster?

It's hard to imagine Miami traded for Oladipo to then turn around and let him go in FA without having a better option coming in. I know he was a cheap get, but I don't see how Miami doesn't retain Oladipo unless Oladipo just makes outrageous demands (of course, if he has any sort of serious injury now, that will change the thinking). I also think Miami would see a Lowry/Oladipo pairing as ideal as both are superior defenders to Dragic, Nunn, or Herro and both can play on or off the ball.

Riley likes veterans and Spoelstra has a lot of that in him, too. Spoelstra removes Nunn from the lineup as soon as he gets the chance to; Nunn has played so well it has been very difficult to not play him, but Spoelstra has only played him when Herro, Dragic, and now Oladipo have been forced to miss time and the only other options were Gabe Vincent and Matt Strus. I mean, Iguodala is probably the least productive player on the team getting 15+ minutes per game and they prefer to play him over Nunn when everyone is healthy. Even people on this board are way more excited about Achiuwa and Okpala (who hasn't done crap all year) than they are about Nunn.

I think Miami will re-sign Oladipo, Ariza (Iguodala-type deal), and Robinson and add Lowry within the rules of the CBA, I see Miami with a lineup like this next year:

Lowry - Dragic
Oladipo - Herro
Ariza - Robinson - Iguodala
Butler - Achiuwa
Adebayo - FA

Cody Zeller, Daniel Thies, Javale McGee, Olynyk, Myers Leonard, Mike Muscala, Enes Kanter, Dwight Howard, Whiteside, Robin Lopez, Nerlens Noel, or Alex Len would all be potential guys Miami could add at center.

Miami would likely then start shopping Iguodala and/or Dragic to improve the frontcourt (KAT? Love?) or add the BPA (Beal?). I think Love could absolutely be had for expirings and not much else; KAT is a pipe dream, but Beal could force his way to Miami bc of his player option. It would still cost Miami Herro, Achiuwa, and probably Robinson, but...

Lowry - Herro
Oladipo - Robinson
Butler - Ariza - Okpala
Love - Achiuwa
Bam - FA (Muscala? Thies? Dedmon?)

OR

Lowry - Dragic
Beal - Oladipo
Ariza - Okpala
Butler - Achiuwa
Bam - FA (Muscala? Thies? Dedmon?)
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,542

Post#212 » by Slot Machine » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:47 pm

I could very easily see our Front Office going after Theis as a backup. I’m generally on board with that, depending on what he’s asking.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.

Return to Miami Heat