ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings 7-1 since Bagleys injury (Updated record 3/30)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Re: Kings 7-1 since Bagleys injury (Updated record 3/30) 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:21 am

SmellingColors wrote: Still, we can be civil with players even if they didn't live up to our expectations and don't want to play for a franchise that is about to miss the playoffs for a decade and a half.

You can. I don’t believe the majority of fans will share your opinion when he returns

The honorable thing for him is to own up to his own failings, and still be driven to help this team succeed

Not to be intimating trades and blaming others for his situation
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#22 » by kalenclayton » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:21 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
SmellingColors wrote: Still, we can be civil with players even if they didn't live up to our expectations and don't want to play for a franchise that is about to miss the playoffs for a decade and a half.

You can. I don’t believe the majority of fans will share your opinion when he returns

The honorable thing for him is to own up to his own failings, and still be driven to help this team succeed

The issue I have with the bolded portion is that it’s all an assumption. What I’m understanding is that you are saying he is blaming others by way of inaction. Marvin hasn’t come out and said anything about blame though. His father has inferred those things, but Marvin hasn’t said anything. I’m all for holding him accountable on the court, but Marvin hasn’t crossed any line off the court for me. He seems like a good human who is living his life and wants to succeed. Maybe he’s only seen success as a basketball player up to this point and it’s obvious his father has been incredibly supportive. The issue is that his father has been so supportive that he’s blind to adversities and is quick to seek the unhealthy way out.

All we can do as outsiders is assume at this point. Not everything needs to be spoon-fed to the fans. If Marvin denounces what his father says in a tweet, then he will have to deal with his father off the court, potentially damaging the relationship, and also be subject to having to answer for every tweet moving forward. In our reality, he didn’t say anything and it has pissed off some fans. Do you see how he was put in a really poor situation? I can empathize with him. Even if he vocalized his frustrations with his father, which he likely did, he doesn’t have to speak to what his father said in the tweet.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#23 » by BoogieTime » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:36 pm

kalenclayton wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

The issue I have with the bolded portion is that it’s all an assumption. What I’m understanding is that you are saying he is blaming others by way of inaction. Marvin hasn’t come out and said anything about blame though. His father has inferred those things, but Marvin hasn’t said anything. I’m all for holding him accountable on the court, but Marvin hasn’t crossed any line off the court for me. He seems like a good human who is living his life and wants to succeed. Maybe he’s only seen success as a basketball player up to this point and it’s obvious his father has been incredibly supportive. The issue is that his father has been so supportive that he’s blind to adversities and is quick to seek the unhealthy way out.

All we can do as outsiders is assume at this point. Not everything needs to be spoon-fed to the fans. If Marvin denounces what his father says in a tweet, then he will have to deal with his father off the court, potentially damaging the relationship, and also be subject to having to answer for every tweet moving forward. In our reality, he didn’t say anything and it has pissed off some fans. Do you see how he was put in a really poor situation? I can empathize with him. Even if he vocalized his frustrations with his father, which he likely did, he doesn’t have to speak to what his father said in the tweet.

Again, I think the March 4 piece where he responded he was taking it day by day when asked of his future in Sacramento was inferring he to some extent agrees with his father

He really can’t be clearer than that without ruining his value or getting even more hate

If indeed he wants out, in addition to being a bust, would fans boo him and not like him. Think of crowd reactions to players who want out at any sport
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#24 » by BoogieTime » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:52 pm

I think it’s just two separate ways of viewing players as a fan

If someone is a bust, wants to be traded and their family created off court issues, they don’t need to be involved in illegal activity to be booed. IMO the aforementioned is sufficient to be persona non grata
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by kalenclayton » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:15 am

Bagley has been needed during this 7-game skid. Hell, the team could’ve used him during the 7-1 stretch directly after his injury. I think the great basketball that was being played had much more to do with Haliburton’s entrance to the starting lineup than Bagley’s exit. They are now 7-8 since the injury, 15-22 with Bagley playing, and 7-10 without him. It’s all losing with negligible difference. This team needs more than just Bagley going out.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#26 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 pm

kalenclayton wrote:Bagley has been needed during this 7-game skid. Hell, the team could’ve used him during the 7-1 stretch directly after his injury. I think the great basketball that was being played had much more to do with Haliburton’s entrance to the starting lineup than Bagley’s exit. They are now 7-8 since the injury, 15-22 with Bagley playing, and 7-10 without him. It’s all losing with negligible difference. This team needs more than just Bagley going out.

Biggest thing is just getting rid of Walton. I'll be honest, i've been on a 5 game hiatus. I had a feeling we were going to start losing because well we're the Kings. Anytime I see an easy schedule coming up I hold my breath and wait for the team to **** up. But it certainly doesn't help having the worst coach in the league who never stands up for his guys.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by kalenclayton » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:46 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:Bagley has been needed during this 7-game skid. Hell, the team could’ve used him during the 7-1 stretch directly after his injury. I think the great basketball that was being played had much more to do with Haliburton’s entrance to the starting lineup than Bagley’s exit. They are now 7-8 since the injury, 15-22 with Bagley playing, and 7-10 without him. It’s all losing with negligible difference. This team needs more than just Bagley going out.

Biggest thing is just getting rid of Walton. I'll be honest, i've been on a 5 game hiatus. I had a feeling we were going to start losing because well we're the Kings. Anytime I see an easy schedule coming up I hold my breath and wait for the team to **** up. But it certainly doesn't help having the worst coach in the league who never stands up for his guys.

Absolutely. Walton is the current, fixable problem. The bigger problem is the organization as a whole. Consistency of losing is what this organization has been known for. Until the org figures out exactly what this team will be, I don’t see any way out of this rut. It bothers me a lot that even the players have been saying that this season. At least they are acknowledging it publicly. It’s been obvious year after year that the team lacks identity. The identity is that they find a player or a few players who are pretty decent to good, and then decide to forego development for competition. We watched it with K-Mart and Cisco, then Tyreke, then IT-Gay-Boogie, and we are now on the Fox carousel. This is the first time that I can remember players on the team expressing the root problem. Here’s to hoping that it won’t be too late for Fox when they figure it out.

Return to Sacramento Kings