ImageImageImage

Sixers Lineups Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#221 » by elchengue20 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:38 pm

We desperately need an at least above average guard who can shoot and create offense at the same time. I don't know how you can deny it at this point. For now the only choice left is to pray Hill can fill that void to some degree.

And no, Seth isn't good enough for that role. He's a bench player. A good 7th man on a contender, but nothing more.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#222 » by LloydFree » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm

Zumramania wrote:
LloydFree wrote:So now we're overrating Malcolm Brogdon now. If Brogdon was worth Ben Simmons in a trade, believe me the Pacers wouldn't be in 9th place right now.

Well, half of their team was injured this year. Wizards with Beal and a clean health bill are in the 12th place, Pels with Zion and Ingram are in the 11th place, so I'm not sure this is a strong argument for how good a player is. I'm not saying that he is worth Ben Simmons, but just trying to look at things from the Pacers perspective. In this season Brogdon averages 21 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.8 assists and he shoots 40% from 3 on 6.6 attempts. I don't watch the Pacers games but I think that defensively he is also ok. So what would you ask for him if you were the Pacers?

Brogdon isn't any better than George Hill, and he makes twice the money. Brogdon came into the league with a reputation as a plus defender, because he went to Virginia, but he's a bad defensive guard in the NBA. He's only been in the league 4 years and he's already 29 years old. He'll likely get even worse on the defensive end. Brogdon is what Shake Milton would be with more minutes and playing with Starters.

It's insane that I saw people here complaining about trading 3 late 2nd round picks for George Hill, but people are willing to trade Ben Simmons or multiple 1st round picks for Malcolm Brogdon. Unbelievable.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,369

Post#223 » by Eyeamok » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:18 pm

sixers4real wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
sixers4real wrote:I see Brogdon as missing piece to a championship team. And we surely can get him without losing Embiid Simmons Harris Milton

How please? I'm asking for a friend.

Hill + resigned Korkmaz + 2 FRPs

The Pacers don't want Brogdon? What makes you think they would accept this offer? The 76ers projected 1st round picks are in the low 20's and #30 for the next few years, if all goes well, what makes you think the pacers will be good with that. And they had Hill before now that he is at the end of his career they would want him back?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#224 » by sixers4real » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:51 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Zumramania wrote:
LloydFree wrote:So now we're overrating Malcolm Brogdon now. If Brogdon was worth Ben Simmons in a trade, believe me the Pacers wouldn't be in 9th place right now.

Well, half of their team was injured this year. Wizards with Beal and a clean health bill are in the 12th place, Pels with Zion and Ingram are in the 11th place, so I'm not sure this is a strong argument for how good a player is. I'm not saying that he is worth Ben Simmons, but just trying to look at things from the Pacers perspective. In this season Brogdon averages 21 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.8 assists and he shoots 40% from 3 on 6.6 attempts. I don't watch the Pacers games but I think that defensively he is also ok. So what would you ask for him if you were the Pacers?

Brogdon isn't any better than George Hill, and he makes twice the money. Brogdon came into the league with a reputation as a plus defender, because he went to Virginia, but he's a bad defensive guard in the NBA. He's only been in the league 4 years and he's already 29 years old. He'll likely get even worse on the defensive end. Brogdon is what Shake Milton would be with more minutes and playing with Starters.

It's insane that I saw people here complaining about trading 3 late 2nd round picks for George Hill, but people are willing to trade Ben Simmons or multiple 1st round picks for Malcolm Brogdon. Unbelievable.

I don’t buy that.

And, btw, weren’t you the one who wanted to sign Brogdon in the summer of 2019?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#225 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:16 pm

elchengue20 wrote:We desperately need an at least above average guard who can shoot and create offense at the same time. I don't know how you can deny it at this point. For now the only choice left is to pray Hill can fill that void to some degree.

And no, Seth isn't good enough for that role. He's a bench player. A good 7th man on a contender, but nothing more.

We have to trade for that kind of guy in the offseason.

For now, we have to rely on Carmelo AnTOBI and KoBIID Bryant
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,664

Post#226 » by Negrodamus » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:52 pm

76ciology wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:We desperately need an at least above average guard who can shoot and create offense at the same time. I don't know how you can deny it at this point. For now the only choice left is to pray Hill can fill that void to some degree.

Carmelo AnTOBI and KoBIID Bryant

Cursed nicknames.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#227 » by 76ciology » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:19 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Carmelo AnTOBI and KoBIID Bryant

Cursed nicknames.

:lol:

I tried.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,681

Post#228 » by phillynative » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:12 pm

I think it will show once again in the playoffs how crucial it is to have atleast one of these type of players. Most teams have multiple players like this. The sixers get away with not having one during the regular season because they have one of the best offensive big men in the game .
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#229 » by LloydFree » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:43 pm

phillynative wrote:

I think it will show once again in the playoffs how crucial it is to have atleast one of these type of players. Most teams have multiple players like this. The sixers get away with not having one during the regular season because they have one of the best offensive big men in the game .

I think the 76ers can be fine in the playoffs, IF Doc substitutes Offensive and Defensive lineups at the end of one possession games. If the 76ers need a basket in a half court set, he needs to not be afraid to take Simmons off the court. Just run George Hill, Milton, Green, Tobias and Embiid on offense and get Simmons and Thybulle in there, for critical Defensive stops.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#230 » by the_process » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:17 pm

LloydFree wrote:
phillynative wrote:

I think the 76ers can be fine in the playoffs, IF Doc substitutes Offensive and Defensive lineups at the end of one possession games. If the 76ers need a basket in a half court set, he needs to not be afraid to take Simmons off the court. Just run George Hill, Milton, Green, Tobias and Embiid on offense and get Simmons and Thybulle in there, for critical Defensive stops.

And there's the problem. The next time Simmons gets subbed for offense will be the first time.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#231 » by LloydFree » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:31 pm

the_process wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
phillynative wrote:

And there's the problem. The next time Simmons gets subbed for offense will be the first time.

The 76ers have really only been in 3-4 one possession playoff games that I can remember. Games 3 in Philly (against Boston) in '18, Game 5 in Boston in '18, Game 4 in Brooklyn in '19 and Game 7 in Toronto in '19. That's 4 games out of 26 playoff games they've played the last 3 years. The situation doesn't come up as much as it's discussed among fans.

When the situation comes up, the 76ers have the personnel to handle it this year. The coach just has to make the right decision.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#232 » by the_process » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:47 pm

LloydFree wrote:
the_process wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I think the 76ers can be fine in the playoffs, IF Doc substitutes Offensive and Defensive lineups at the end of one possession games. If the 76ers need a basket in a half court set, he needs to not be afraid to take Simmons off the court. Just run George Hill, Milton, Green, Tobias and Embiid on offense and get Simmons and Thybulle in there, for critical Defensive stops.

The 76ers have really only been in 3-4 one possession playoff games that I can remember. Games 3 in Philly (against Boston) in '18, Game 5 in Boston in '18, Game 4 in Brooklyn in '19 and Game 7 in Toronto in '19. That's 4 games out of 26 playoff games they've played the last 3 years. The situation doesn't come up as much as it's discussed among fans.

When the situation comes up, the 76ers have the personnel to handle it this year. The coach just has to make the right decision.

True. I was basing it off the countless times in the regular season they refuse to sub him. But maybe Glenn makes a different call in the playoffs.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#233 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:03 am

If you think about it, we’ve got like 6 good backcourt players that we surround Biid, Ben and Tobi with.

Hill
Shake
Seth
Danny
Thybulle
Korkmaz

We can shuffle them depending on match-ups, flow and hot hand.

For instance, we our top 3 guys are struggling we can insert Hill or Seth and Milton or Kork to help generate offense.

If teams plays a lot of zone or trap Embiid a lot, we can play Seth and Kork.

If we need defense, we can insert Thybulle and Green with our top 3 guys.

It’s kind of like how teams shuffle their bigs by playing big and small but on our end, we shuffle the backcourt.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#234 » by TTP » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 am

76ciology wrote:If you think about it, we’ve got like 6 good backcourt players that we surround Biid, Ben and Tobi with.

Hill
Shake
Seth
Danny
Thybulle
Korkmaz

For instance, we our top 3 guys are struggling we can insert Hill or Seth and Milton or Kork to help generate offense.

It’s kind of like how teams shuffle their bigs by playing big and small but on our end, we shuffle the backcourt.

Why would you play Korkmaz over Danny Green if they're playing zone/trapping? Green's as willing to shoot quickly as Korkmaz is and is a better shooter. He's a way better defender as well.

Honestly there shouldn't be a single scenario where Korkmaz plays over Green unless it's to give Green a rest or maybe if he's in an insanely bad stretch. The only thing Korkmaz does better is on-ball playmaking, but if you feel the need for more of that, you'd just go with George Hill or Shake.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#235 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:47 am

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:If you think about it, we’ve got like 6 good backcourt players that we surround Biid, Ben and Tobi with.

Hill
Shake
Seth
Danny
Thybulle
Korkmaz

Why would you play Korkmaz over Danny Green if they're playing zone/trapping? Green's as willing to shoot quickly as Korkmaz is and is a better shooter. He's a way better defender as well.

Honestly there shouldn't be a single scenario where Korkmaz plays over Green unless it's to give Green a rest or maybe if he's in an insanely bad stretch. The only thing Korkmaz does better is on-ball playmaking, but if you feel the need for more of that, you'd just go with George Hill or Shake.

I dont mind having Green over Kork. Green’s shooting 41% on 3s, so he may be a better 3pt shooter in general.

We have lots of options and it’s just a matter of the right combination based on match-ups and level of hot hand
TTP
Head Coach

Post#236 » by TTP » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55 am

76ciology wrote:
TTP wrote:

Hill
Shake
Seth
Danny
Thybulle
Korkmaz

I dont mind having Green over Kork. Green’s shooting 41% on 3s, so he may be a better 3pt shooter in general.

We have lots of options and it’s just a matter of the right combination based on match-ups and level of hot hand

You aren't wrong. Our depth is far better than any of the last 3 playoff years, especially among guards/wings. We have a lot more lineup flexibility than years past.

Assuming we go to an 8 man rotation, I have our starting 5 + Hill + Dwight locked into the top 7 spots, and then Shake, Matisse, and Furkan will compete for the last spot depending on what we need and who's playing the best. I'm reasonably confident in any of them providing enough value to be a competent 8th man, certainly better than what we've had to work with the last 3 playoffs.

76ciology
RealGM

Post#237 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:21 am

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:
TTP wrote:

You aren't wrong. Our depth is far better than any of the last 3 playoff years, especially among guards/wings. We have a lot more lineup flexibility than years past.

Assuming we go to an 8 man rotation, I have our starting 5 + Hill + Dwight locked into the top 7 spots, and then Shake, Matisse, and Furkan will compete for the last spot depending on what we need and who's playing the best. I'm reasonably confident in any of them providing enough value to be a competent 8th man, certainly better than what we've had to work with the last 3 playoffs.

Dont you see us playing Tolliver or Scott in the playoffs?

I think either Tolliver or Scott could be a wild card replacement whenever Tobi goes into a dry spell with his shooting which happens a lot IMO. When all that guy has to do is to space the floor and defend the bigger forwards that Green and Thybulle can’t defend.

But then if you look at teams heading to the playoffs, it’s quite guard heavy than forward heavy that I dont find there’s much need to insert Tolliver or Scott in the rotation. Maybe only in a series against the Bucks or Lakers.
TTP
Head Coach

Post#238 » by TTP » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:38 am

76ciology wrote:
TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Dont you see us playing Tolliver or Scott in the playoffs?

I think either Tolliver or Scott could be a wild card replacement whenever Tobi goes into a dry spell with his shooting which happens a lot IMO. When all that guy has to do is to space the floor and defend the bigger forwards that Green and Thybulle can’t defend.

But then if you look at teams heading to the playoffs, it’s quite guard heavy than forward heavy that I dont find there’s much need to insert Tolliver or Scott in the rotation. Maybe only in a series against the Bucks or Lakers.

I don't see either regularly playing in the playoffs outside of blowouts or emergency injury situations. I'm not even sure Mike Scott plays in the regular season once George Hill is healthy. I think Scott is our 11th man.

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#239 » by youngcrev » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:25 am

I still think there's some magic combination for a switch heavy, up tempo, Ben at center lineup (Hill, Green, Thybulle, Harris?)... But if the playoffs were to start today, I think the move is to simply keep him and Embiid paired, while staggering Harris with bench units.

Keep Embiid-Simmons-Curry together rotationally.

Hope that Harris-Shake-Thybulle-Howard can keep you in it.

Hill and Green fit wherever you need them.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#240 » by sixers4real » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 am

LloydFree wrote:
the_process wrote:
LloydFree wrote:I think the 76ers can be fine in the playoffs, IF Doc substitutes Offensive and Defensive lineups at the end of one possession games. If the 76ers need a basket in a half court set, he needs to not be afraid to take Simmons off the court. Just run George Hill, Milton, Green, Tobias and Embiid on offense and get Simmons and Thybulle in there, for critical Defensive stops.

And we lost three of the four games you mentioned, resulting in two season ending series loses.

This season our clutch options are Tobias and Embiid. That’s it. I want to be so wrong, but I don’t think that’ll be enough to beat the Nets in the close series (if the are going to be close)
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers