ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1721 » by wco81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:37 am

So they just preferred an unproven guy over players who had been rotational players?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1722 » by xdrta+ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:53 am

wco81 wrote:So they just preferred an unproven guy over players who had been rotational players?

Let's face it, guys available now are either washed up or unproven. And I don't know if "unproven" is the right word, Payton has shown that he can play NBA level defense. So they try him for 10 days and see how it goes. Not a big deal.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#1723 » by Chupchup » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:09 am

would love it if Clippers end up not re-signing D. Cousins. I think his 10 day is coming to an end in a few days. Warriors can sign him for bench depth.
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#1724 » by vagelis » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Michael Beasley could give score to the second unit.
The league does not want him because of drug issues but I don't think there is a better player in the free agent market right now
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#1725 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:41 pm

vagelis wrote:Michael Beasley could give score to the second unit.
The league does not want him because of drug issues but I don't think there is a better player in the free agent market right now

This team needs a lot of things. Another low efficiency chucker with a shaky jumper is not an urgent need.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,835

Post#1726 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:59 am

Kerr was quoted that they might potentially add a big man due to JW's meniscus tear. What available big men are even out there that you would consider signing? Boogie might become available after his 10 day contract. I think Skal Labissiere might still be out there. Maybe take another run at Bell or Spellman?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#1727 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:42 am

Kyle Oquinn (if he hasnt been signed) or Ian Mahinmi are bigger defensive bigs that are out there. Or take a flyer on Thon Maker.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1728 » by and1GS » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:10 pm

Whoever we sign I hope it is with a longer term view of them either starting or playing major minutes next year. I understand Kerr's Looney obsession but we need at least one Chriss/McGee type. A cheap player that can exploit certain matchups without expecting the ball.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#1729 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:24 pm

[list=][/list]
and1GS wrote:Whoever we sign I hope it is with a longer term view of them either starting or playing major minutes next year. I understand Kerr's Looney obsession but we need at least one Chriss/McGee type. A cheap player that can exploit certain matchups without expecting the ball.

A starter? So you are talking about an offseason acquisition and trading Wiseman? If JW isn’t starting next season and he is on the roster then there is a problem.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#1730 » by ahmetmekin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:Kyle Oquinn (if he hasnt been signed) or Ian Mahinmi are bigger defensive bigs that are out there. Or take a flyer on Thon Maker.

kyle o'quinn will play in the euroleague playoffs next week.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1731 » by and1GS » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:42 pm

whatisacenter wrote:[list=][/list]
and1GS wrote:Whoever we sign I hope it is with a longer term view of them either starting or playing major minutes next year. I understand Kerr's Looney obsession but we need at least one Chriss/McGee type. A cheap player that can exploit certain matchups without expecting the ball.

A starter? So you are talking about an offseason acquisition and trading Wiseman? If JW isn’t starting next season and he is on the roster then there is a problem.

No, I'm talking about easing the pressure on James. We could start a McGee type and play him for 12 minutes, then James gets his usual 25 with Draymond picking up the small ball minutes. As he earns more playing time, we can slide him into the starting lineup or do so situationally. But I don't prescribe to the NFL model of 'we drafted this **** QB so we're starting him no matter what.'

And if the goal is a title we should be realistic about his development curve. Day 1 he will not be a deep playoff run caliber big. Game 41? Maybe he's a solid starter. But you can't act like what we've seen is already enough to cement him as a starter on day 1. If we do go that route, I hope everyone accepts that it will be more of a development year than the 'title or bust' scenario our new fans seem enamored with.

I'm not saying sign DeMarcus Cousins or trade for Vucevic. I'm saying sign a scab, like what Dedmon was supposed to be for several teams, who can bridge the gap while Wiseman adjusts to game speed following his injury. Ian Mahinmi would fit that bill.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#1732 » by donkeylips » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:57 pm

i dont know why but i still have hope for spellman.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#1733 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:00 pm

and1GS wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:[list=][/list]

No, I'm talking about easing the pressure on James. We could start a McGee type and play him for 12 minutes, then James gets his usual 25 with Draymond picking up the small ball minutes. As he earns more playing time, we can slide him into the starting lineup or do so situationally. But I don't prescribe to the NFL model of 'we drafted this **** QB so we're starting him no matter what.'

And if the goal is a title we should be realistic about his development curve. Day 1 he will not be a deep playoff run caliber big. Game 41? Maybe he's a solid starter. But you can't act like what we've seen is already enough to cement him as a starter on day 1. If we do go that route, I hope everyone accepts that it will be more of a development year than the 'title or bust' scenario our new fans seem enamored with.

I'm not saying sign DeMarcus Cousins or trade for Vucevic. I'm saying sign a scab, like what Dedmon was supposed to be for several teams, who can bridge the gap while Wiseman adjusts to game speed following his injury. Ian Mahinmi would fit that bill.

I can see your point of view and in light of him needing surgery as opposed to rest I think that adding a big is a necessity
bay2hk
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#1734 » by bay2hk » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Damian Jones should be a target. He looked good against the warriors when he was with the lakers. His 10 day is also up with sac later this week. He can defend bigger bodies and is familiar with Kerr’s system
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#1735 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:27 am

bay2hk wrote:Damian Jones should be a target. He looked good against the warriors when he was with the lakers. His 10 day is also up with sac later this week. He can defend bigger bodies and is familiar with Kerr’s system

Sign my boy Austin Rivers!!!!!!!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#1736 » by whatisacenter » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:08 pm

sounds like they are going to ride the small-ball lineup to finish the season and not sign a big off the street.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#1737 » by donkeylips » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:52 pm

when is paschall coming back?
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1738 » by and1GS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 pm

cdubbz wrote:
bay2hk wrote:Damian Jones should be a target. He looked good against the warriors when he was with the lakers. His 10 day is also up with sac later this week. He can defend bigger bodies and is familiar with Kerr’s system

Sign my boy Austin Rivers!!!!!!!

Why in the world is THAT your boy?

Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,870

Post#1739 » by Hoopstar23 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:01 am

MO Wagner should be a number one priority.. He would fit well here

Sent from my SM-G965F using RealGM mobile app
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1740 » by Mylie10 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:52 am

Grab Moe Wagner
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors