ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1701 » by GEOLINK » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:54 pm

I missed this earlier

Read on Twitter

clown show
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1702 » by GEOLINK » Fri Apr 9, 2021 11:55 pm

blue and orange wrote:
JXL wrote:
blue and orange wrote:Yankees getting asses kicked against TB again. This is where you show your true colors when your scouted out. Pussies dont win championships. The Rays care more about winning a world series then the Yankees.

Yeah. Game 7 of 162. Talk to me in July. :lol:

Thats it its early, so Yankees will become front runners and put up hrs by then ok so what. Show me you can win close games against good teams. You would have a point if this were a core 4 Yankee team getting off to a tough start but this team hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. You keep making excuses and you will never win a world series.

Feels like we've watched more of the Yankees' B team than the actual core of the team winning together these past 3 years.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#1703 » by blue and orange » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:02 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
JXL wrote:
Yeah. Game 7 of 162. Talk to me in July. :lol:

Thats it its early, so Yankees will become front runners and put up hrs by then ok so what. Show me you can win close games against good teams. You would have a point if this were a core 4 Yankee team getting off to a tough start but this team hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt. You keep making excuses and you will never win a world series.

Feels like we've watched more of the Yankees' B team than the actual core of the team winning together these past 3 years.

Yes it has the injuries are another issue. Even healthy we still can’t beat TB they organization has something between the ears that the Yankees don’t have.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,233

Post#1704 » by Papi_swav » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:09 am

yay we finally best the rays
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,958

Post#1705 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:33 am

blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

Yes it has the injuries are another issue. Even healthy we still can’t beat TB they organization has something between the ears that the Yankees don’t have.

Sad thing is that Yankees owners are probably most pissed that we’re outspending them in payroll.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#1706 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:18 am

Higgy won us this game. Higgy + Cole = dominance.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1707 » by GEOLINK » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:53 am

Papi_swav wrote:Higgy won us this game. Higgy + Cole = dominance.

Totally expected Higgy to carry our offense.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,930

Post#1708 » by knicks94 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:01 pm

No way that the Red Sox can be this good when everyone predicted that they'd be the worst team in the AL East. It is very suspect how last year when they didn't have Alex Cora they were terrible, but during the last 6 games they played they have become as unstoppable as the 2018 Red Sox. If they somehow continue playing at this level throughout the year I will be 90% certain that they are doing so illegitimately.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1709 » by blue and orange » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:52 pm

knicks94 wrote:No way that the Red Sox can be this good when everyone predicted that they'd be the worst team in the AL East. It is very suspect how last year when they didn't have Alex Cora they were terrible, but during the last 6 games they played they have become as unstoppable as the 2018 Red Sox. If they somehow continue playing at this level throughout the year I will be 90% certain that they are doing so illegitimately.

They weren't gonna be struggling forever, that franchise isnt Baltimore. Cora makes a big difference to that club, in a year or 2 they will be contenders. They won't beat themselves a quality I wish the Yankees have. They have the Rays philosophy along with a big payroll.

Yankees lineup sucks more cock then Jenna Jamison btw.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#1710 » by isiah_thomas » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 am

Non cole starters look weak so far

Cut Bruce he doesn't belong in the league
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1711 » by knicks94 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 am

blue and orange wrote:
knicks94 wrote:No way that the Red Sox can be this good when everyone predicted that they'd be the worst team in the AL East. It is very suspect how last year when they didn't have Alex Cora they were terrible, but during the last 6 games they played they have become as unstoppable as the 2018 Red Sox. If they somehow continue playing at this level throughout the year I will be 90% certain that they are doing so illegitimately.

They weren't gonna be struggling forever, that franchise isnt Baltimore. Cora makes a big difference to that club, in a year or 2 they will be contenders. They won't beat themselves a quality I wish the Yankees have. They have the Rays philosophy along with a big payroll.

The Yankees’ major acquisition from the Marlins is really living up to his $30 million dollar a year contract going 1 for 18. Well at least he’ll be on the DL this season and we won’t have to watch him stink it up at the plate on a consistent basis.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1712 » by knicks94 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:13 pm

This team really sucks! Maybe they can have a fire sale before the July deadline. The first person they should get rid of is Cashman for building this mess of a team.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1713 » by blue and orange » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:20 pm

knicks94 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

The Yankees’ major acquisition from the Marlins is really living up to his $30 million dollar a year contract going 1 for 18. Well at least he’ll be on the DL this season and we won’t have to watch him stink it up at the plate on a consistent basis.

Haha right, this team has serious issues. They look lifeless.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1714 » by blue and orange » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:24 pm

knicks94 wrote:This team really sucks! Maybe they can have a fire sale before the July deadline. The first person they should get rid of is Cashman for building this mess of a team.

Yankee brass will use the vaccines as an excuse and the lack of full crowds. Just need to sign another washed up 30 hr guy that hits .200 and can’t play defense.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1715 » by knicks94 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:26 pm

blue and orange wrote:
knicks94 wrote:This team really sucks! Maybe they can have a fire sale before the July deadline. The first person they should get rid of is Cashman for building this mess of a team.

Yankee brass will use the vaccines as an excuse and the lack of full crowds. Just need to sign another washed up 30 hr guy that hits .200 and can’t play defense.

At what point will they hold Brian Cashman accountable? All he did was dumpster dive in the offseason and look at the mess that he has built. Bruce and Kluber should be collecting their retirement checks, we have no reliable rotation behind Cole, and how much more does Hicks have to suck to prove to Boone that he doesn't belong at the top of the lineup?
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1716 » by blue and orange » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:00 pm

knicks94 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

At what point will they hold Brian Cashman accountable? All he did was dumpster dive in the offseason and look at the mess that he has built. Bruce and Kluber should be collecting their retirement checks, we have no reliable rotation behind Cole, and how much more does Hicks have to suck to prove to Boone that he doesn't belong at the top of the lineup?

Exactly they won't, only if they miss the playoffs will the Yankees even entertain the idea of getting rid of Boone and Cashman. Would probably just make Boone the fall guy in that event. Kluber shouldve been nothing more then a minor league deal, I would say Montgomery has been reliable btw but point well taken about the rotation. Bruce is he really better then Ford and Gittens. Hicks should be batting 9th more like 11th :lol: . Its amazing how much more watchable the Knicks and Giants are in year 1 with their HCs, then Boone is in year 4 with the Yankees.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1717 » by knicks94 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:17 pm

blue and orange wrote:
knicks94 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:

Exactly they won't, only if they miss the playoffs will the Yankees even entertain the idea of getting rid of Boone and Cashman. Would probably just make Boone the fall guy in that event. Kluber shouldve been nothing more then a minor league deal, I would say Montgomery has been reliable btw but point well taken about the rotation. Bruce is he really better then Ford and Gittens. Hicks should be batting 9th more like 11th :lol: . Its amazing how much more watchable the Knicks and Giants are in year 1 with their HCs, then Boone is in year 4 with the Yankees.

Even though I never am for tanking whether it be in baseball or basketball I feel like the Yankees having a year in which they finish below .500 would probably suit them better in the long run than making the playoffs and getting eliminated. I believe that the front office keeps Cashman around because of his reputation of building teams that are only good enough to succeed in the regular season. Ownership is too cheap to invest money on building a contender so they think that if the Yankees make the playoffs every year they can convince their fans that they're committed to winning. With the Yankees having their first losing season in almost 30 years and missing the postseason there would be nowhere for the front office to hide their incompetency and maybe they will receive enough pressure to do things differently.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#1718 » by Papi_swav » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:46 am

guys relax, it is still very early in the season. We still have what 150 games left?
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1719 » by GEOLINK » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 am

Maybe it’s me but I feel like Taillon and Kluber have pitched well but have had bad luck in their starts.

Kluber takes a month or two in the season to fully warm up, so we probably won’t see his best until a couple of more starts.

And Taillon before this season hadn’t pitched in 700+ days.

Yes, this is the risk Cashman paid for, but our alternatives were to bring back Paxton and Happ.

Also, the offense has been dreaded. We have Judge & Stanton in the lineup for more than 3 games and we can’t score 5 runs consistently.
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Post#1720 » by knickabocker88 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:35 am

Toronto is better, Boston is better & Tampa is better.

Its not like the Yankees are gonna play Baltimore for 162 games.

Boone either is gonna have to grow a pair or he's gonna get the axe for being Cashmans puppet.

F*cking batting Hicks and Gardner in the top 3 in 2021.

Return to New York Knicks