Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: 4/14/21 | Golden State Warriors @ OKC Thunder | 8PM CST 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:50 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,076

Post#3 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:12 am

Glad I can't watch the game tonight...gonna be ugly. Only Maledon as prospect that i really like (well and Bazley but he sucks)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:25 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Glad I can't watch the game tonight...gonna be ugly. Only Maledon as prospect that i really like (well and Bazley but he sucks)

Respect SVI.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#5 » by Old Man Game » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:14 am

This .. is an NBA basketball game. You can't say its not one. Its one. Pretty sure.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,787

Post#6 » by floppymoose » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:29 am

Watching OKC for first time this season. I like the skill sets displayed from the youth. They just dont have any team defense yet. That will be the main project.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#7 » by Old Man Game » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:44 am

floppymoose wrote:Watching OKC for first time this season. I like the skill sets displayed from the youth. They just dont have any team defense yet. That will be the main project.

By the standards of recent actively tanking teams I think we've got an abundance of guys the front office has just found here and there that look like they really can play, and that look like with more seasoning and in the right situation in terms of star players, could become valuable role player types.

I'm just not at all confident that any of them will actually make that step to become those valuable role player types, either here or elsewhere.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#8 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:06 am

Good night...losing while Wizards, Raptors, Orlando, Wizards won (and miami lost).

Now the easy schedule gonna start. Hope SGA can rest a bit.

Strong stats from Bradley. I'm not that high on him but still don't get why he isn't playing more than 15 MPG
timO
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,400

Post#9 » by timO » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:41 am

1-11 since we unleash the tank, nice job.

We need to end 2-15 or better for the top 5 pick pre-lotto.
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#10 » by a-French-Fan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:02 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Good night...losing while Wizards, Raptors, Orlando, Wizards won (and miami lost).

Strong stats from Bradley. I'm not that high on him but still don't get why he isn't playing more than 15 MPG

Do you really ask? ^^

Lu Dort scored 42 and had to rest the next evening ... Theo Maledon is facing the rookie wall, he still play a lot. So he even misses lay-up and dunks to keep his minutes ... (and you can't imagine how I love this kid)
It's like FO doesn't hide tanking, with their 2 rookies in the starting line-up, with almost nobodies ...
So if Bradley makes strong stats ... that becomes dangerous if he wants to play! He should have an eye on Theo's behaviour :)
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#11 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:36 pm

a-French-Fan wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Good night...losing while Wizards, Raptors, Orlando, Wizards won (and miami lost).

Do you really ask? ^^

Lu Dort scored 42 and had to rest the next evening ... Theo Maledon is facing the rookie wall, he still play a lot. So he even misses lay-up and dunks to keep his minutes ... (and you can't imagine how I love this kid)
It's like FO doesn't hide tanking, with their 2 rookies in the starting line-up, with almost nobodies ...
So if Bradley makes strong stats ... that becomes dangerous if he wants to play! He should have an eye on Theo's behaviour :)

uh? I know we are resting players to tank but we are still trying to develop players and even if Bradley scores 30/20, he wouldn't be an issue against an above average team.

We aren't playing him that much even when the other team is leading by 25+ so no reason to think this has anything to do with the tank. Also we are resting some good players but Coach D is never managing players minutes because they could hurt our record.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#12 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:47 pm

I think Bradley is playing less because they are simply more invested in Moses. I’m not a huge Moses fan or anything, but if he puts it all together with his body type, he has the potential to be the garbage man of all garbage men. Bradley has the potential to be a solid backup. Moses might be out of the league before the end of his contract, but I think the thunder are just trying to maximize the value of an asset that they cheaply control in a season when wins are meaningless.

Maybe Moses ends up worthless. Maybe he’s a poor man’s capella on a $2 million per unguaranteed contract, though.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#13 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:57 pm

jake_swivel wrote:I think Bradley is playing less because they are simply more invested in Moses. I’m not a huge Moses fan or anything, but if he puts it all together with his body type, he has the potential to be the garbage man of all garbage men. Bradley has the potential to be a solid backup. Moses might be out of the league before the end of his contract, but I think the thunder are just trying to maximize the value of an asset that they cheaply control in a season when wins are meaningless.

Maybe Moses ends up worthless. Maybe he’s a poor man’s capella on a $2 million per unguaranteed contract, though.

I have an hard time figuring out what kind of value we could get from Moses. Presti isn't willling to pay Bradley in my opinion, otherwise he should be playing. He only played 100 games in 5 years of NBA (with an average of 12 MPG).
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I have an hard time figuring out what kind of value we could get from Moses. Presti isn't willling to pay Bradley in my opinion, otherwise he should be playing. He only played 100 games in 5 years of NBA (with an average of 12 MPG).

I wouldn’t have imagined Moses would do as well as he’s done so far, so I don’t know what kind of value he could have a year from now. He’s young as heck and making a lot of progress from the beginning of the year. Big men take time to develop. If he makes the same level of leap next year as this year, he’s a borderline starter on a great contract.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#15 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:09 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I have an hard time figuring out what kind of value we could get from Moses. Presti isn't willling to pay Bradley in my opinion, otherwise he should be playing. He only played 100 games in 5 years of NBA (with an average of 12 MPG).

I wouldn’t have imagined Moses would do as well as he’s done so far, so I don’t know what kind of value he could have a year from now. He’s young as heck and making a lot of progress from the beginning of the year. Big men take time to develop. If he makes the same level of leap next year as this year, he’s a borderline starter on a great contract.

yeah not sure I agree with this. U right that he improved a lot though. This offseason may be key to his development. Guess we will know next year if we can rely on him (at least as a bench player) or not.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by jake_swivel » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:yeah not sure I agree with this. U right that he improved a lot though. This offseason may be key to his development. Guess we will know next year if we can rely on him (at least as a bench player) or not.

For him to have value, he’d have to keep rapidly improving. In one way, this has been a great environment for development. There aren’t many places that could afford this level of playing time. But in another way, these blowouts and non-competitiveness can’t be good for learning consistency. Hopefully playing in meaningful games helps him keep his eye on the ball. I’m already a believer that his rebounding alone will keep him in the league.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder