RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome George Hill 

Post#101 » by LloydFree » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:08 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hill is on the same vibe as Doc, kind of troubling if you ask me

That quote standing alone, makes it sound dire. Right after that, he said," the progress has been tremendous. It’s been really going well. It’s going to be sooner than expected.”
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#102 » by kuclas » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:06 pm

I know he’s a veteran plug and play. But you just can’t show up for the playoffs cold after missing 3 months. He needs 3-4 games conditioning to get his legs back.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,178

Post#103 » by M2J » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:23 pm

As mentioned before Doc was speaking from having the injury himself. But, procedures may have changed. He was mainly saying that as a guard, his hand will get wacked. Considering they're the top seed and didn't trade anyone to get him....I understand wanting him to get right before the playoffs.

But, I'm really excited to see him play with this team. Given the glaring need for his overall skillet, and overall talent he'll play off of... It should really increase the dynamic nature of this group.

He doesn't need to start, but his 2 way nature should make him a closer. A also gives Doc 4 legit options to close games with the big 3. Depending on how they're playing that game.... Between Seth, Danny, Shake and Hill.... I guess Thybulle too. Would be nice to get him back with about aa month left to work out rotations.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#104 » by Sixerscan » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:10 pm

kuclas wrote:I know he’s a veteran plug and play. But you just can’t show up for the playoffs cold after missing 3 months. He needs 3-4 games conditioning to get his legs back.

He will be back with more than enough time for that barring a setback. The playoffs start May 22.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#105 » by Negrodamus » Fri Apr 9, 2021 2:14 pm

kuclas wrote:I know he’s a veteran plug and play. But you just can’t show up for the playoffs cold after missing 3 months. He needs 3-4 games conditioning to get his legs back.

The first round should be a 3-4 game conditioning if he comes back for the playoffs. I don't think the Knicks or Celtics will give us much trouble in a playoff series where we have home court advantage.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#106 » by rzzzzz » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:26 pm

A pure point guard for our dominant center. Classic combination. I can’t hardly wait.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#107 » by sixers4real » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:54 am

Is there any update of when he returns?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,178

Post#108 » by M2J » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:46 am

sixers4real wrote:Is there any update of when he returns?

Mike Breen said it could be by next week tonight on the broadcast.

He didn't say any sources such as a conversation with the coach or anything. But I'm sure it came from somewhere
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,517

Post#109 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:19 am

Biid is better than Giannis so imagine Biid making these shots rather than Giannis throwing up hail mary floaters.

And Tobi is kind of similar to Middleton. I like Middleton better.

But i think we’re projecting a similar line-up to this where Bucks ends the game with GHill-Brogdon, which could possibly be similar to GHill-Shake. They’re just basically setting Middleton-Giannis/Biid-Tobi for scoring opportunities.

These two guys are not as good as Bucks top guys but their ability to play secondary or tertiary playmaking, space the floor and defense compliments well with Giannis-Middleton.

Ben also can run DHO actions like his favorite action set in crunch time which is the invert screen where he can fake a DHO to drive or simply just to kickout to a shooter.

Absolute worst scenario (im talking about desperate scenarios so calm down) is we have a guy like Green playing (instead of Ben) playing Brolo’s role here with just spacing the floor. This is in a scenario where a team would neutralize Ben (which we’ve seen in the past like the first Celts series or some games in the Raps series).

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#110 » by rzzzzz » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Doc: “I’m optimistic...sometime next week.”
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#111 » by PhillyNj » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:16 am

Hill has been upgraded to questionable for Monday’s game vs. the warriors.
Good news.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#112 » by Murray_17 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:56 pm

TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#113 » by TTP » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Fun fact - George Hill ranks 9th in the NBA in 3 year Luck Adjusted RAPM (one spot behind Embiid). There's a reason aspiring championship teams have repeatedly pursued him in recent years. Two way players that can function well both on and off ball are extremely valuable.

jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#114 » by Arsenal » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:24 pm

TTP wrote:Fun fact - George Hill ranks 9th in the NBA in 3 year Luck Adjusted RAPM (one spot behind Embiid). There's a reason aspiring championship teams have repeatedly pursued him in recent years. Two way players that can function well both on and off ball are extremely valuable.

Hill is similar to Danny Green. Doesn't put up big numbers, but crushes in impact metrics that measure how much he helps teams win.

Not surprised at all Morey got both of them. They provide value in excess of their contracts.

And both can hang when it gets tight in the playoffs.
TTP
Head Coach

Post#115 » by TTP » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Arsenal wrote:
TTP wrote:Fun fact - George Hill ranks 9th in the NBA in 3 year Luck Adjusted RAPM (one spot behind Embiid). There's a reason aspiring championship teams have repeatedly pursued him in recent years. Two way players that can function well both on and off ball are extremely valuable.

Hill is similar to Danny Green. Doesn't put up big numbers, but crushes in impact metrics that measure how much he helps teams win.

Not surprised at all Morey got both of them. They provide value in excess of their contracts.

Definitely. They're both ideal in terms of complementary players to surround around a team with established stars. Pretty excited to see how he fits in and wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in place of Curry at some point. Glad we have him for next year too. He's pretty much as good as you can get at his price point as a fit next to Simmons/Embiid.

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,507

Post#116 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:05 pm

Be great if he would play tonight against the Warriors. Lord Curry is gonna scorch us.
SRM82
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#117 » by SRM82 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:15 pm

My god play already
TTP
Head Coach

Post#118 » by TTP » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:23 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Be great if he would play tonight against the Warriors. Lord Curry is gonna scorch us.

He might not even play. He rolled his ankle last game and is questionable.

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#119 » by LloydFree » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:33 pm

TTP wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Definitely. They're both ideal in terms of complementary players to surround around a team with established stars. Pretty excited to see how he fits in and wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in place of Curry at some point. Glad we have him for next year too. He's pretty much as good as you can get at his price point as a fit next to Simmons/Embiid.

Two and a half years ago, when everyone was wondering when the 76ers would finally use their cap space, I remember a Nate Ducan podcast, where they were saying the perfect signings for the 76ers would be two of Danny Green, George Hill or Avery Bradley. Now here we are.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
TTP
Head Coach

Post#120 » by TTP » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:52 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Spoiler:
TTP wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Two and a half years ago, when everyone was wondering when the 76ers would finally use their cap space, I remember a Nate Ducan podcast, where they were saying the perfect signings for the 76ers would be two of Danny Green, George Hill or Avery Bradley. Now here we are.

Yeah I've wanted George Hill and Danny Green for years. Hard pass on Avery Bradley though.

I'm not surprised at all though - Morey has always valued 3 and D players, and Hill and Green have basically always been the best of the best.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers