ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#581 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:08 am

I know there aren't many POE players here, but Reddit is too elite/intimidating. This is the coolest thing I've ever crafted in my time with the game. It's 482 pDPS, and I'm roughly estimating based on similar trades to be worth approx. 15ex. I've had possibly one item as good as this before, but I was lucky and it pretty much dropped as-is (and is no longer quite as fancy). But aside from one of the mods, I made this.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#582 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:26 am

I've heard over the years that Titanfall 2 has the best FPS campaign around. It's only $3 from a Gold Xbox subscription.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#583 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:40 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I've heard over the years that Titanfall 2 has the best FPS campaign around. It's only $3 from a Gold Xbox subscription.

Yeah, do that. It’s short, like 4-6hrs, but it’s very good. Played through it again recently; definitely a game that deserved better.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#584 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I've heard over the years that Titanfall 2 has the best FPS campaign around. It's only $3 from a Gold Xbox subscription.

Yeah, do that. It’s short, like 4-6hrs, but it’s very good. Played through it again recently; definitely a game that deserved better.

Played it for an hour tonight. I don't know why it is, but this is another glaring example of how good gunplay can feel, especially compared to Halo. The gunplay in Halo has always felt extremely lacking to me. I played Halo 5: Guardians for a couple hours last night and it felt weightless, and often times like my shots weren't hitting anything. If you're firing on Hunters or some of the bigger enemies, they don't even acknowledge that they're getting hit. You empty 100 rounds, and then all of the sudden one kills them.

But gunplay, in my limited Titanfall 2 play time, feels EXTREMELY nice. I'm not a COD or Battlefield guy, but I thought that was solid too. Even Destiny somehow manages to mostly feel good, like Bungie learned from Halo's mistakes (and 343 Studios hasn't).
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#585 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:15 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:

Played it for an hour tonight. I don't know why it is, but this is another glaring example of how good gunplay can feel, especially compared to Halo. The gunplay in Halo has always felt extremely lacking to me. I played Halo 5: Guardians for a couple hours last night and it felt weightless, and often times like my shots weren't hitting anything. If you're firing on Hunters or some of the bigger enemies, they don't even acknowledge that they're getting hit. You empty 100 rounds, and then all of the sudden one kills them.

But gunplay, in my limited Titanfall 2 play time, feels EXTREMELY nice. I'm not a COD or Battlefield guy, but I thought that was solid too. Even Destiny somehow manages to mostly feel good, like Bungie learned from Halo's mistakes (and 343 Studios hasn't).

Explained a good chunk of my Apex Legends infatuation for a few months. Respawn does some real good gunplay. It’s satisfying.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#586 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:39 am

I bought a spin bike a couple weeks ago (Echelon) and I absolutely love it. I’ve been doing 45 minutes to an hour and a half every day and I can really feel the difference. I had been running 4-6 miles, but my bad knee was giving me fits. This seems to have been the perfect way to get the benefit without impacting my knee too bad.

I’m currently using the Echelon membership on my iPad (the bike connects via Bluetooth), but I’ll probably check out Peloton’s offerings when my trial ends. I’ve looked online and there’s a resistance conversion you have to do since the Peloton bikes have their own system, but that doesn’t seem like too much of an issue.

For roughly $530 or so I can’t really complain. Maybe down the line I’ll get a peloton, but the Echelon seems like a better cost alternative right now.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#587 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:43 am

I was going to skip Halo 3: ODST but ended up trucking through it to complete all six games in the MCC. Overall, I think I respect that series a lot more after playing them decades removed from when they were new.

Not sure what’s next. Might just try to get the true Hades ending, maybe take a second look at Monster Hunter: World. Kind of a lull period...or I’m simply afraid of committing to beating Dark Souls finally.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#588 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:03 am

Sauce Boss wrote:I was going to skip Halo 3: ODST but ended up trucking through it to complete all six games in the MCC. Overall, I think I respect that series a lot more after playing them decades removed from when they were new.

Not sure what’s next. Might just try to get the true Hades ending, maybe take a second look at Monster Hunter: World. Kind of a lull period...or I’m simply afraid of committing to beating Dark Souls finally.

Respect for going through all of Halo, but I couldn't come close. I finished Halo, got close-ish in Halo 2, then dabbled in the remaining games. My breaking point was giving Guardians an honest chance and not enjoying any of it. Like I said earlier, it was that I knew that I had other FPS games in the library that I enjoyed playing a lot more. I really do think it just boils down to gunplay. I enjoy the lore of Halo a lot, but the gunplay doesn't stack up.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#589 » by WRau1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm

#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#590 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:29 pm

WRau1 wrote:Yes.

Just started playing Wasteland 3 since it's on Gamepass. Seems cool and I like the level of customization it looks like you have. Any tips?
WRau1
RealGM

Post#591 » by WRau1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Just started playing Wasteland 3 since it's on Gamepass. Seems cool and I like the level of customization it looks like you have. Any tips?

SMG build is insanely broken, roll that if you want to smash through the game. I had the most fun w/ a KillLeader shotgun/pistol build. Brawler is really fun as well but its a little rough until you get 10 into Brawl. This is good starting guide that explains a lot of how certain abilities work and the soft caps.

https://www.neoseeker.com/wasteland-3/guides/Builds

I have a ridiculous amount of time into this game, I'll be so happy to dive back in w/ the new content.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#592 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 am

WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

SMG build is insanely broken, roll that if you want to smash through the game. I had the most fun w/ a KillLeader shotgun/pistol build. Brawler is really fun as well but its a little rough until you get 10 into Brawl. This is good starting guide that explains a lot of how certain abilities work and the soft caps.

I have a ridiculous amount of time into this game, I'll be so happy to dive back in w/ the new content.

I'm obviously only in the very beginning of what sounds like an enormous game, but I gotta say I absolutely love the first few hours playing it. Since it's my first time in the series maybe I'll give the SMG build a try.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#593 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:48 am

WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Does the game work on its own or is Wasteland/Wasteland 2 essential playing? I think it’s like ~50% off on Steam right now and I enjoy cRPGs quite a bit.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#594 » by WRau1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:04 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Does the game work on its own or is Wasteland/Wasteland 2 essential playing? I think it’s like ~50% off on Steam right now and I enjoy cRPGs quite a bit.

Nah, this one stands on it's own. They make mention of the previous 2 plenty but they go into detail about why. Highly recommend.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#595 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:00 am

WRau1 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

Nah, this one stands on it's own. They make mention of the previous 2 plenty but they go into detail about why. Highly recommend.

Welp, this game is so good I decided to use some vacation tomorrow so I wouldn't feel guilty about staying up and playing. I have a use it or lose it policy and that makes the decision easier, sure, but holy hell this game is incredible.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#596 » by WRau1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:28 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:Does the game work on its own or is Wasteland/Wasteland 2 essential playing? I think it’s like ~50% off on Steam right now and I enjoy cRPGs quite a bit.

Welp, this game is so good I decided to use some vacation tomorrow so I wouldn't feel guilty about staying up and playing. I have a use it or lose it policy and that makes the decision easier, sure, but holy hell this game is incredible.

That sounds like exactly what I did back when it launched it August, haha.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:44 am

WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

Aside from how much I want to gush about all the things I love about it so far, what's really nuts is I just downloaded it over lunch for the cost of my Xbox Gold subscription. It's just an absolutely insane value. This game is gonna occupy my gaming space for what seems like a good long while, but holy hell, in a couple days MLB: The Show 21 comes out. I used to spend $60 every spring on it and it's offered on the Gold service on launch. It's crazy.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#598 » by truly » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:44 am

WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

Same.

Have you played wasteland 2?Curious which one you like better.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
WRau1
RealGM

Post#599 » by WRau1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:21 am

truly wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Same.

Have you played wasteland 2?Curious which one you like better.

It's a tough call but I think I'd put W3 just above W2. W2 had a better story but I remember being frustrated with some of the maps and at times, the game felt like a grind. Never felt that way with W3, plus W3's soundtrack is phenomenal.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Post#600 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:07 pm

I loved Wasteland 3 and was thinking recently I should pick it up for console or PC, since I had played it on Gamepass for PC back when it came out/I was subscribing. I'd love to revisit it - agreed with all, excellent game.

Maybe I'll wait for a definitive/ultimate edition now with this only being like 2 months away.

ETA: I didn't follow any prescribed builds, but I definitely had an SMG in my party. My main duo was a custom brawler girl and a sniper guy. Both were strong, but the brawler probably stronger. I recall being a little disappointed by how restricted the sniper was by AP. I can understand only 1 shot per turn, but it was often hard to even move into position.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks