:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,828

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1222 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 8, 2021 9:06 pm

oh
I didnt get the brow part.
I thought perhaps "king (i got that part, then later rescinded my thought on that) plus angry equals Harry potter"
i was like huh
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1223 » by kblo247 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:41 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:I got an odd question, has it ever happened where a player wins a championship with team A, free agent signs with team B in the off season. He expects to receive his ring when team B visits team A, but team B doesn’t play team A till after the trade deadline. In the mean time team B trades player to team C who already visited team A for the season. So player receives his championship ring the following year when team A is no longer champion. Has this ever happened?

I don’t think so. But for what it’s worth Danny Green has never got his raptors ring. The pandemic stopped us playing them last year and Toronto said they wanted to wait to they were back in Toronto to give it to him next year.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,441

Post#1224 » by Slava » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:20 pm

I’m gonna bawl my eyes out like a baby when they retire this man’s Lakers jersey.

Read on Twitter
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#1225 » by heezyo2o » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:19 pm

Just looked up laker tickets for April. Crazy prices
Fedor
Senior
And1: 332

Post#1226 » by Fedor » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:19 pm

heezyo2o wrote:Just looked up laker tickets for April. Crazy prices

What are the prices looking like?
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1227 » by snaquille oatmeal » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:40 am

Fedor wrote:

They look crazy he said
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1228 » by Kilroy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:29 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
Fedor wrote:

They look crazy he said

All the zeros are actually googly eyes...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#1229 » by Freighttrain » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:53 am

Both Portland & the Mavs lost which gives us some breathing space in the 5th place. I'm wondering if we could hold on to that spot, considering our performance over the last 5 games. Having looked at the schedule, we got NYK, Hornets, Celts, Jazz (2), Mavs (2). I would say we have to go 3-4 to maintain our seeding place. It'll be hard but it should be doable. It would mean we have to face the Nuggets - Jazz - Clips in the playoffs which seems brutal, but we can do it if we want an all-time great playoff run.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#1230 » by bb22 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:00 pm

Freighttrain wrote:Both Portland & the Mavs lost which gives us some breathing space in the 5th place. I'm wondering if we could hold on to that spot, considering our performance over the last 5 games. Having looked at the schedule, we got NYK, Hornets, Celts, Jazz (2), Mavs (2). I would say we have to go 3-4 to maintain our seeding place. It'll be hard but it should be doable. It would mean we have to face the Nuggets - Jazz - Clips in the playoffs which seems brutal, but we can do it if we want an all-time great playoff run.

I think chemistry is going to be an issue as all the role players have to readjust to their original roles. Minute restrictions and risk of a secondary (minor) injury to Bron or AD could keep them out a couple games after they return. I don't think going 3-4 will do it, as playoff teams will be locked in, taking care of business. The squad is in rhythm and playing well right now, though.

Despite having Bron and AD, it would be a monumental upset for the Nuggets/Jazz/Clips if they lost to the Lakers in the first round. But times are weird, so hope for the best.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#1231 » by Beethoven » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:30 pm

bb22 wrote:
Freighttrain wrote:Both Portland & the Mavs lost which gives us some breathing space in the 5th place. I'm wondering if we could hold on to that spot, considering our performance over the last 5 games. Having looked at the schedule, we got NYK, Hornets, Celts, Jazz (2), Mavs (2). I would say we have to go 3-4 to maintain our seeding place. It'll be hard but it should be doable. It would mean we have to face the Nuggets - Jazz - Clips in the playoffs which seems brutal, but we can do it if we want an all-time great playoff run.

I think chemistry is going to be an issue as all the role players have to readjust to their original roles. Minute restrictions and risk of a secondary (minor) injury to Bron or AD could keep them out a couple games after they return. I don't think going 3-4 will do it, as playoff teams will be locked in, taking care of business. The squad is in rhythm and playing well right now, though.

Despite having Bron and AD, it would be a monumental upset for the Nuggets/Jazz/Clips if they lost to the Lakers in the first round. But times are weird, so hope for the best.

The
Jazz @ Lakers
Jazz @ Lakers

Lakers @ Dallas
Lakers @ Dallas

stretch should be looked upon as a mini-playoff series for this group right now as a test or assessment.
Immediately thereafter, if all things are as planned, AD comes back to be back in the lineup.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,183

Post#1232 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Jamaal Murray. A Baller. Brutha got strong game. My heart goes out and prayers up for a speedy recovery.
Now with that Said. We ain't gotta worry about the Nuggets during this post season. They done. I've seen Phoenix great improvement this year but, not worried about them either.
Ultimately in the West its going to boil down to the Clips and Jazz and us. Lets see how the chips fall regarding seeding.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#1233 » by BEazy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:51 pm

I think Monte Morris can take over and be effective. You still got Jokic as well who is playing at a MVP level. Nuggets will be fine.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1234 » by tugs » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:39 pm

Tbh would rather have the usage spread out than Jokic going nuclear
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#1235 » by Beethoven » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 pm

I hope LaMarcus gets healthy , heart issues are not good, I can empathize with him. I know he is making the best choice for himself going forward he's had a great career.

However this does make the nets a bit more efficient defensively and offensively. This helps them I think.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1236 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Did The big penguin just retired L Aldridge?
Forum permissions