ImageImageImage

Welcome back to Boston Luke Kornet! (Exhibit 10 deal)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Re: Welcome to Boston, maybe, Luke Kornet! 

Post#101 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Because it's a small sample and as the sample grows larger, his true ability becomes apparent.

That theory is not a good match to the stats. He took more 3s in NY than he did in Chicago, in totals and rates alike.

Indeed, he's already had more attempts in Boston this season than he had in Chicago this season, although both those numbers truly are small.

If you take the largest sample there is, as in all of the shots he's taken in his career, he is a bad shooter. If you want to take players and cherry pick 100 shot samples, you end up doing silly things like drafting Aaron Nesmith at 14.

Do you think a guy's shooting percentages are influenced by his team, teammates, or role?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#102 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:04 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
That theory is not a good match to the stats. He took more 3s in NY than he did in Chicago, in totals and rates alike.

Indeed, he's already had more attempts in Boston this season than he had in Chicago this season, although both those numbers truly are small.

If you take the largest sample there is, as in all of the shots he's taken in his career, he is a bad shooter. If you want to take players and cherry pick 100 shot samples, you end up doing silly things like drafting Aaron Nesmith at 14.

Do you think a guy's shooting percentages are influenced by his team, teammates, or role?

Yeah, and also his shooting ability.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#103 » by playa-hater » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:17 am

I think if Kornet didn't look like a guy that works for Office Max, more would like him..

Against LAL, he had 4 blocks in 18 min, per I counted about 5 alterations as well.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Post#104 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:36 am

Kornet seems like he's a fine #3 center, with good potential to become a #2.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#105 » by BillessuR6 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:43 am

I told you guys he was a pretty good player. Definitely great to have him as a 3rd center on this team.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#106 » by cloverleaf » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:20 am

I'm calling it. Tacko's gonna play elsewhere next year--and become a real rotation player.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#107 » by BK_2020 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:22 pm

Next fall Tacko Fall will attend MIT as a full time master's student in computer engineering.
philing00
Senior
And1: 200

Post#108 » by philing00 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:10 pm

Daniel who??
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Post#109 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:30 pm

I love how he keeps the ball moving when he's out there. He ALWAYS looks to pass the ball side to side and set picks. I've seen enough to make me think there's something there as a 10th 11th man moving forward. Not saying much but that's not nothing.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#110 » by cloverleaf » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
Then why do you think he had good 3pt% numbers his first two seasons in the league?

Because it's a small sample and as the sample grows larger, his true ability becomes apparent.

Plus as a young player he's got a career 76% on FTs. You put that together with 34% from 3 on over 8 attempts per 36 for more than 1800 minutes of playing time in the league and you've got some pretty good data to back up his being decent from beyond the arc at this point.

His TS% has always been pretty mediocre, but that seems to come from outright bad midrange shooting and a piddling 1.7 FTAs per 36.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,603

Post#111 » by Fantaxp7 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:55 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:Kornet seems like he's a fine #3 center, with good potential to become a #2.

Agree 100% he is a good #3 that sometimes shines. Pretty much what you want at that position.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#112 » by playa-hater » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:56 pm

edit
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#113 » by playa-hater » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:04 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:I love how he keeps the ball moving when he's out there. He ALWAYS looks to pass the ball side to side and set picks. I've seen enough to make me think there's something there as a 10th 11th man moving forward. Not saying much but that's not nothing.

such an underrated thing about passing. he is big with decent timing on rim protection. hoping/expecting an improved shooting pct with this team's personnel.

When Theis was 25 most probably thought he might make a decent 10-11th man as well. Maybe he can do better than 10-11. My vote is yes he can. Kornet is also 6 inches taller than Theis.

Would there be a conflict of Interest If I became President of the Kornet fan club? Do I have to resign my post as Vice Prez of Tacko Fall's fan club?? That would too hard to do . :cry:
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#114 » by playa-hater » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:06 pm

cloverleaf wrote:I'm calling it. Tacko's gonna play elsewhere next year--and become a real rotation player.

As a BIG Tacko fan, I hope he gets his chance, even if it's not with us.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Post#115 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:57 pm

playa-hater wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:I love how he keeps the ball moving when he's out there. He ALWAYS looks to pass the ball side to side and set picks. I've seen enough to make me think there's something there as a 10th 11th man moving forward. Not saying much but that's not nothing.

such an underrated thing about passing. he is big with decent timing on rim protection. hoping/expecting an improved shooting pct with this team's personnel.

When Theis was 25 most probably thought he might make a decent 10-11th man as well. Maybe he can do better than 10-11. My vote is yes he can. Kornet is also 6 inches taller than Theis.

Would there be a conflict of Interest If I became President of the Kornet fan club? Do I have to resign my post as Vice Prez of Tacko Fall's fan club?? That would too hard to do . :cry:

lol Brother there would not and you don't have to resign from nothing. I am slowly coming to grips with the possibility that there may not be a Tacko Fan club next year. But if that happens, I will happily ride with you on the Green Kornet fan club for sure.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#116 » by Ernest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:20 pm

playa-hater wrote:I think if Kornet didn't look like a guy that works for Office Max, more would like him..

Against LAL, he had 4 blocks in 18 min, per I counted about 5 alterations as well.

I don't think anyone here doesn't like him. He's fine for what he is- a third string center that was a throw in in a trade. In very limited time he has played well. I think what happened here is you really confused my comment. When you said we "must" resign him and I questioned that; I wasn't really saying I think he's a bad player. I was more getting at that you've only seen him play what 3 games at that point and you've decided we "must" resign him. It was really more about your judgement of things as I'm reminded of every time I see a post by you with the "we can never win a title with Brad" sig.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#117 » by playa-hater » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Ernest wrote:
playa-hater wrote:I think if Kornet didn't look like a guy that works for Office Max, more would like him..

I don't think anyone here doesn't like him. He's fine for what he is- a third string center that was a throw in in a trade. In very limited time he has played well. I think what happened here is you really confused my comment. When you said we "must" resign him and I questioned that; I wasn't really saying I think he's a bad player. I was more getting at that you've only seen him play what 3 games at that point and you've decided we "must" resign him. It was really more about your judgement of things as I'm reminded of every time I see a post by you with the "we can never win a title with Brad" sig.

Not "with" "because" .. There is a difference.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#118 » by Ernest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:12 pm

playa-hater wrote:
Ernest wrote:

Yeah there is a difference. Are you saying we will never win a title again from here to eternity because of Brad Stevens? Has he jinxed us? Is this like a trading Babe Ruth kind of thing where it goes away after 100 years?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Re: Welcome to Boston Luke Kornet! 

Post#119 » by djFan71 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:14 pm

I think he's earned it by helping beat the Lakers, so I removed the "maybe" from the title.
Bot123, I can add it back if you so desire.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#120 » by playa-hater » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:41 pm

Ernest wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Ernest wrote:

Yeah there is a difference. Are you saying we will never win a title again from here to eternity because of Brad Stevens? Has he jinxed us? Is this like a trading Babe Ruth kind of thing where it goes away after 100 years?

Boston may win 18 with Stevens, But it won't be because he was the difference. Similar to Doc Rivers, Frank Vogel Nick Nurse.

Return to Boston Celtics