ImageImageImage

Miami Heets at Minny TPups 4/16 8pm (EST)

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Re: Miami Heets at Minny TPups 4/16 8pm (EST) 

Post#281 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:00 am

radikalBaller wrote:Game went south as soon as Spo went with that 3 non defenders white guys lineup, he will never learn. Any lineup with a 3 man permutation of dragic, herro, duncan, belly, gets killed...

The line up he started the 4th with screamed lack of urgency too, wow

We are playing a dangerous game still allowing any big to look like Wilt Chamberlain

Butler looked completely dejected, team play with no hunger nor urgency, exept for butler and ariza, and vincent

Butler needs to start becoming verbally abusive in practice like he did in Minny.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,601

Post#282 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:00 am

GopherIt! wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Naz Reid and Vanderbilt destroyed us. Any big on any team destroys us. This Heat team and roster construction at all time worst.

Naz is a good scorer. He’s also a terrible defender and has low BBIQ. Vandy plays solid D but has hands of stone. Rookie McDaniels is pups best big outside of Towns.

Vandy had 14 boards. So easy to board against Spo small balls
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,438

Post#283 » by Bishop45 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:03 am

oreon wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:This is virtually the same team from last year, same core-- just missing, who? Derrick Jones Jr. and Crowder?

Nobody had a problem with our off season in the offseason because the FO did what a lot of teams do after a Finals run and stayed put. We're just trash because a few players have regressed, I don't think it's deeper than that.

I don't think we should've stayed put, but it wasn't an insane decision. Awful gamble, but not insane

It was Giannis. You get Giannis and you have a dynasty. It's a gamble you do a 100 times over. And as you said the players have regressed. Resigning Crowder would have helped a bit but if Dragic is hurt & Herro, Duncan , Bam are playing like this it, resigning those two wouldn't have made much of a difference.
We were counting on the younger guys to take a leap. And they either haven't (Bam, Nunn) or have regressed like Herro and Duncan. This is on the players. Considering the circumstance of this season, you can give them a pass. But next season if these guys don't start to improve you gotta rethink their ceiling and their value. At some point next season there is going to need to have discussion about Bam.

Bam/Jimmy/Giannis spacing would've been awful, but any move was probably the right move. Could've even went for someone like Randle without giving the young guys.

Not going harder for Harden will always bemuse me, but they wanted to bet on our core. I guarantee if Jimmy wanted us to make big moves they would've been made-- Or maybe he wanted it, but didn't say nothing-- that's on him
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,764

Post#284 » by contract » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:04 am

Dr_Heat wrote:Why did we sign Dedmon, if we ain’t playing him when we needed him

He was trash last season and had been sitting this one out. We'll be lucky if he's serviceable by the time the playoffs role around.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#285 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:04 am

Normally Spo has some people defend him, I think I’ve been pretty neutral on the guy. But wow, it’s completely one sided tonight. If this team does somehow miss the playoffs I honestly think it’s time for the team to move on. He did a hell of a job coaching that team last year, but his commitment to small ball just wrecks this team over the long run and he’s not adjusting.
OP for NBA FT record
contract
RealGM

Post#286 » by contract » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:06 am

Heat_team02 wrote:Bottom of the barrel, sliding players in draft, G-League, D-League reliance & signing over the hill vets got us here.

This could be Haslem's last season there is no purpose there.

The myth of UD's leadership. :nonono:
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,134

Post#287 » by GopherIt! » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:06 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Naz Reid and Vanderbilt destroyed us. Any big on any team destroys us. This Heat team and roster construction at all time worst.

Naz is a good scorer. He’s also a terrible defender and has low BBIQ. Vandy plays solid D but has hands of stone. Rookie McDaniels is pups best big outside of Towns.

Vandy had 14 boards. So easy to board against Spo small balls

I’m no xpert yet I know to go w size and physicality vs T-pups. Heat Smallball vs pups is like stealth tanking.
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#288 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:11 am

contract wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:Bottom of the barrel, sliding players in draft, G-League, D-League reliance & signing over the hill vets got us here.

This could be Haslem's last season there is no purpose there.

The myth of UD's leadership. :nonono:

If Haslem is still on this team next season no one will take this franchise seriously & his selfishness will shine through.

End the loyalty program.
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,170

Post#289 » by Lilseb93 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:12 am

I don't think our Finals run was a fluke. We earned it. Guys played really well. Perhaps the early success got to their heads. But I think it's that other teams in our conference got better. And we were a 5th seed last year losing to some bad teams too. So the team was always flawed. They just clicked and went on a run. This could still be a scary team fully healthy in the playoffs because they have shown signs of good defense and they can get hot shooting. That's if they make it.

But consistency is the most important thing. When you play small ball like we do, relying so heavily on out shooting your opponent, but get killed on the boards, you're going to lose more games than you win. The laws of averages have caught up with this team this year. The laws of averages say that hot shooters will cool down and small guys who can't defend can't keep up on defense. It showed in the Finals. Sure we got killed on the boards, but the guards couldn't defend anyone in the Finals either.

This team is very boom or bust. With so many young guys and weaknesses, the laws of averages are not on our side. This small ball lineup needs to shoot well or they bust. They can't even get easy baskets. It's basically 3 point shot or die. Or they get red hot, play solid defense, and give somebody a series. Can they do that for 4 series (if they make it)?
Heat Culture :hug:
contract
RealGM

Post#290 » by contract » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:13 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Normally Spo has some people defend him, I think I’ve been pretty neutral on the guy. But wow, it’s completely one sided tonight. If this team does somehow miss the playoffs I honestly think it’s time for the team to move on. He did a hell of a job coaching that team last year, but his commitment to small ball just wrecks this team over the long run and he’s not adjusting.

Who do you want to play? The guy who was hanging out at the unemployment office all season?

Get mad at Pat for the construction of the team.

Get mad at Herro for letting rookie success go to his head.

Blame Dragic for playing his age.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,438

Post#291 » by Bishop45 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:13 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Normally Spo has some people defend him, I think I’ve been pretty neutral on the guy. But wow, it’s completely one sided tonight. If this team does somehow miss the playoffs I honestly think it’s time for the team to move on. He did a hell of a job coaching that team last year, but his commitment to small ball just wrecks this team over the long run and he’s not adjusting.

I don't have any problem with the small ball, we've been pretty successful with it. Spo could be a little more creative with the offense and rotations, which has always been an issue for him. He could be much better with adjustments too; no need to defend him, this has been a terrible year and he has to be accountable for some of that
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Lilseb93
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,170

Post#292 » by Lilseb93 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:17 am

Read on Twitter
Heat Culture :hug:
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,134

Post#293 » by GopherIt! » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:21 am

Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#294 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:23 am

As bad as an image Danny Ferry might have, I truly believe he can put a better product on the floor in fast order.
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,693

Post#295 » by Umbooki » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:24 am

Jimmy already assembling his crew to body our starters. Throw lobs to Katya and chit.
BlueHeat
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,606

Post#296 » by BlueHeat » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:25 am

Bam is soft. And we should have traded for Harden.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#297 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:27 am

contract wrote:

Who do you want to play? The guy who was hanging out at the unemployment office all season?

Get mad at Pat for the construction of the team.

Get mad at Herro for letting rookie success go to his head.

Blame Dragic for playing his age.

My issue is the positionless bball and commitment to small ball leads to serious mismatches on an all too frequent basis. Pat has definitely made his mistakes over the past few years with signing players, but Spo refuses to step out of the small ball mentality. It’s clearly not working this season, as is evident by the team’s subpar 3 point shooting (something that is supposed to improve with small
ball), lack of consistency, and .500 win %. He needs to adjust. But he won’t.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager

Post#298 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 am

If I wake up and we don’t have an OP then you will see me as OP.
OP for NBA FT record
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#300 » by Shootit » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:39 am

Well let's see how this team responds to Jimmys dismay.

More soft **** and this offseason could be interesting to watch

Return to Miami Heat