ImageImageImage

What's your perfect(realistic) offseason?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#41 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 am

jpengland wrote:Porzingis and 26 1st for Wiggins and the Minnesota pick.

Bring back JRich and THJ and gain full MLE as an over the cap team.

Draft Evan Mobley (young KG vibes and perfect long term fit with Luka)

Full MLE to Ibaka for two years.

Let WCS and Burke walk. Bring back Melli

Doncic/Brunson/Terry
THJ/JRich/Adams
Wiggins/DFS
Maxi/Melli/Powell
Ibaka/Mobley/Boban

Mobley isn’t possible. Minnesota keeps the pick of its in the top 4, and he’s not falling outside of that
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Post#42 » by Mavrelous » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am

I'm convinced more and more that it's better to trade JRich+Powell+Green for Hield and not extend THJ, the problem is that it's so un-Cuban move.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#43 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:47 am

S&T Collins for Porzingis
Sign Richaun Holmes and McDermott
Trade Green + Maxi for a swing like Covington
Re-sign Hardaway

Luka-THJ-Covington-Collins-Holmes
Brunson-Terry-McDermott-DFS-WCS

Perfect blend of youth + vets and offense/defense
FIRE JASON KIDD
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,806

Post#44 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Quick note, Portland wouldnt be interested in either of these RoCo deals. They just moved 2 FRP's for him, they are not trading him.

Salary Cap Estimate - 112M

Porzingis 31.65M
Powell 11.08M
Doncic 10.17M
Kleber 8.82M
DFS 4M
Burke 3.5M
Green 2.95M
Brunson 1.80M
Terry 1.52M
Tim Hardaway JR 28.46M (Cap Hold)
Bey 1.47M (Cap Hold)
Cap Hold ~1.2M
TOTAL - 106.62

RESIGN

Tim Hardaway JR *** 4 Years / 60M / 15M AV ***

TOTAL - 93.16M

TRADES

Dwight Powell, Josh Green, Trey Burke, FRP [Unsure on Protections] (17.53) for Larry Nance Jr, Daymean Dotson, Dean Wade (14.47)

TOTAL - 90.10M

FREE AGENCY

Kyle Lowry *** 3 Years / 60M / 20M AV ***
JJ Redick *** 1 Year / Remaining Cap Space (~2-2.5M) ***
Otto Porter JR *** 2 Years / Room MLE / Y2 PO ***

2021/2022
G - Kyle Lowry / Jalen Brunson / Tyrell Terry
G - Tim Hardaway Jr / JJ Redick / Daymean Dotson
F - Luka Doncic / Otto Porter Jr / Tyler Bey
F - Larry Nance Jr / Dorian Finney-Smith / Dean Wade
C - Kristaps Porzingis / Maxi Kleber / Boban Marjanovic
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#45 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:11 pm

I like Nance as a target, but not at the expense of yet another pick. Nance is just not that guy you give up a first for.

Absolutely no interest in giving up any value for Hield, as he doesnt have any value. he's overpaid, undersized, cant defend, and not all that young.

Collins is just not realistic, even the S&T with KP post as Atl already has Capela and KP doesnt fit with him at all.

I'm not sure who's realistic here, I've always loved a KP for Siakam swap, but at this point even that may not be feasible.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#46 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:19 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Quick note, Portland wouldnt be interested in either of these RoCo deals. They just moved 2 FRP's for him, they are not trading him.

It doesn’t have to be Covington... But I do think a 3&D swing man should be the target if (and hopefully when) the Mavs move on from J-Rich. Even a guy like Terrence Ross would be enough to get me excited putting in the lineup next to Luka
FIRE JASON KIDD
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,806

Post#47 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 pm

It doesn’t have to be Covington... But I do think a 3&D swing man should be the target if (and hopefully when) the Mavs move on from J-Rich. Even a guy like Terrence Ross would be enough to get me excited putting in the lineup next to Luka

Staying on the topic of Portland, I think its likely DJJ opts out. He isnt as good as RoCo and is more of a pure SF than a swing, but he is twitchy as hell and on a team that actually knows how to pass to cutters he could be huge. He is still really young too so he could be along term fit, but he certainly is just another role player and unlikely bette rthan DFS, at least right now. His 3PT shot has improved quite a bit as the season has gone on (Career 29%, 19/20 .29%, 20/21 33%, Feb 21 39%, Mar 21 37%). I think he has a good chance to be a 38% 3PT guy by age 25 or so.

I like Nance as a target, but not at the expense of yet another pick. Nance is just not that guy you give up a first for.

I dont think Green is enough for CLE to move Nance for Powell. I could be wrong though. Maybe replace the FRP with one of Terry/Bey and a few SRP's. I think CLE management really loves Nance on and off the court so he could be a tough get, but replacing him with another high character guy in Powell, albeit worse on the court, could alleviate what they see as a culture loss in Larry.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Post#48 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:30 pm

I don't know if it is realistic, but it works .. on the commercial machine ..
Trade 1
Mavs In: Bogdanovic
Out: JRich / Maxi

Jazz In: JRich (45x3) / Maxi
Out: Bogdanovic ..

Jazz gets a more natural 4 ... which suits him very well ... JRich gives them depth + Defense .. They also get younger.

Trade 2
Mavs In: G.Harris
Out: Powell / Burke /Green / 2 round

Magic In: Powell / Burke / Green/2Round

Magic, in rebuilding does not bother, Powell contract ,Get Grenn + 1Second.

FA ...
Bring back Tim. (Reasonable price) .. and Boban MLE to B.Portis or Olynyk
-Nwaba ..
- Cheap PG .. (I love Campazzo, / Augustin) in that role)
It is something like this ...

Luka / (Campazzo / Augustin)
Harris / Terry
Bogdanovic / THJ
DFS / Nwaba / Bey
KP / Portis / Boban
1+1=11
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#49 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:40 pm

daoneandonly wrote:I like Nance as a target, but not at the expense of yet another pick. Nance is just not that guy you give up a first for.

Absolutely no interest in giving up any value for Hield, as he doesnt have any value. he's overpaid, undersized, cant defend, and not all that young.

Collins is just not realistic, even the S&T with KP post as Atl already has Capela and KP doesnt fit with him at all.

I'm not sure who's realistic here, I've always loved a KP for Siakam swap, but at this point even that may not be feasible.
I think the uneven performance of KP has a lot to do with load management. KP is frustrated, lack of chemistry, automatisms, lack of rhythm, etc. It is part of a bigger plan ... in the long term. I suspect they want anyway, a healthy season, that I can work, out of season ... not to be recovering from an injury ... I think they will not change to KP ... in fact I think, we will win a ring with him ... their ceiling is just huge ...
1+1=11
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,538

Post#50 » by jpengland » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:46 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Doncic/Brunson/Terry
THJ/JRich/Adams
Wiggins/DFS
Maxi/Melli/Powell
Ibaka/Mobley/Boban

Mobley isn’t possible. Minnesota keeps the pick of its in the top 4, and he’s not falling outside of that

I think he could well drop to 4 and the Minny pick is top 3 protected I think. Most teams need perimeter scoring/playmaking and there are 3 other top drawer prospects.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#51 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:54 pm

jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Doncic/Brunson/Terry
THJ/JRich/Adams
Wiggins/DFS
Maxi/Melli/Powell
Ibaka/Mobley/Boban

I think he could well drop to 4 and the Minny pick is top 3 protected I think. Most teams need perimeter scoring/playmaking and there are 3 other top drawer prospects.

Wiggins is horrifically bad, no reason we should target him, nor would GSW give up that pick. But even so, Mobley wont fall, he'll be 2 or 3, regardless of which team is in that slot.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#52 » by Mavrelous » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:26 pm

daoneandonly wrote:I like Nance as a target, but not at the expense of yet another pick. Nance is just not that guy you give up a first for.

Her is the the rationale, in 2 years, the Mavs will have 2 max players on their payroll, and 2 15-20 millions/year player in Brunson+shooter, THJ and Hield are very similar player, the numbers say that Hield is a better shooter, both are defensive liability.
Obtaining Hield, while giving up both JRich+Powell, will make space for good FA signing this offseason, before Luka's extension kicks in.
From the cap structure of this team, I see that they traded for JRich in the hopes he'd opt out, and they weren't planning on THJ to be good to keep, JRich surprised how bad it turned out and THJ surprised how good it turned out, and the Powell extension is a gamble that didn't pay off, and this trade fixes all these things.
The problem is that Cuban is rewarding to those who are loyal to him, and THJ was nothing but a pro, who contributed and fullfilled his contract to its fullness when the Knicks treated him like an overpaid chucker, I doubt Cuban/Neslon will go down this route.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Jg41
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#53 » by Jg41 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:25 pm

KhalilS wrote:

Her is the the rationale, in 2 years, the Mavs will have 2 max players on their payroll, and 2 15-20 millions/year player in Brunson+shooter, THJ and Hield are very similar player, the numbers say that Hield is a better shooter, both are defensive liability.
Obtaining Hield, while giving up both JRich+Powell, will make space for good FA signing this offseason, before Luka's extension kicks in.
From the cap structure of this team, I see that they traded for JRich in the hopes he'd opt out, and they weren't planning on THJ to be good to keep, JRich surprised how bad it turned out and THJ surprised how good it turned out, and the Powell extension is a gamble that didn't pay off, and this trade fixes all these things.
The problem is that Cuban is rewarding to those who are loyal to him, and THJ was nothing but a pro, who contributed and fullfilled his contract to its fullness when the Knicks treated him like an overpaid chucker, I doubt Cuban/Neslon will go down this route.

I think your rationale on loyalty is spot on. This is similarly why I was tepidly on board with a Powell, Johnson, Green package for Drummond - Strictly to get off of Powell's money. That said, I think there's something to be said about developing continuity and chemistry (if for nothing else to create an atmosphere that compels Luka to stay here long term).

My ideal offseason:

IF J. Richardson Opts-In:

Trade J. Richardson / D. Powell. / J. Green to Sacramento for B. Hield & R. Woodard II
Decline W. Cauley-Stein TO
Sign and Trade for L. Ball (4yrs 90M) - Burke, (2) 2nd Rd. Picks, 6M Cash Considerations to New Orleans
Sign S. Ibaka or T. Young w/remaining Cap Space to 1yr deal (~10M)
Resign N. Melli (2yrs Room Exception)
Resign B. Marjanovic (1yr Vet Minimum)
Sign T. Bey & N. Hinton to 4yr minimum deals
Extend D. Finney-Smith 3yr 36M
Extend L. Doncic to DVE

PG - L. Ball / J. Brunson / T. Terry
SG - L. Doncic / B. Hield / N. Hinton
SF - D. Finney-Smith / R. Woodard II
PF - M. Kleber / N. Melli / T. Bey
C - K. Porzingis / S. Ibaka / B. Marjanovic

Lonzo is the perfect backcourt complement to Luka. He's got size (6'6), elite passing ability, and he's an excellent rebounder and already above average perimeter defender at the age of 23. With Brunson off the bench, this team has arguably the best collection of playmakers in the league...all under the age of 25. If J. Rich opts out, then scratch the Sacramento trade and Ibaka/Young signing and just resign THJ for 3/45.

PG - L. Ball / J. Brunson / T. Terry
SG - L. Doncic / T. Hardaway Jr. / N. Hinton
SF - D. Finney-Smith / J. Green
PF - M. Kleber / N. Melli / T. Bey
C - K. Porzingis / D. Powell / B. Marjanovic

Roll with 14 and be comfortable with a myriad of 3-guard lineups (with DFS occasionally getting some burn at PF). The fivesome of Luka, Lonzo, Dodo, THJ, and Brunson should be getting virtually all of your non-garbage time 1-3 minutes. That's a championship worthy 1-3 rotation. If only KP could stay healthy, Melli takes a Maxi-like leap, and we could miraculously flip Powell, Maxi, Green, and whatever else outside of the aforementioned 5 and KP for J. Collins, then we'd have the YOUNG, rim-rolling, floor-spacing threat we need to begin talking about a dynasty.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,538

Post#54 » by jpengland » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:54 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Wiggins is horrifically bad, no reason we should target him, nor would GSW give up that pick. But even so, Mobley wont fall, he'll be 2 or 3, regardless of which team is in that slot.

Wiggins isn't the target, the pick is. You add high upside on Lukas timeline.

That said, Wiggins has shot the 3 better, his defense has improved and his shot decisions are better. He's a decent enough wing, just on a bad deal.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#55 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:00 am

jpengland wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
jpengland wrote:

Wiggins isn't the target, the pick is. You add high upside on Lukas timeline.

That said, Wiggins has shot the 3 better, his defense has improved and his shot decisions are better. He's a decent enough wing, just on a bad deal.

I wouldn't take Wiggins' contract..it takes us out of FA22 completely..by then I'm sure someone will want to come play with Luka..Beal / Lavine / Randle / Gordon / Curry ... He's a very cold guy, he doesn't seem to care about Basketball
1+1=11
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#56 » by JD45 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:02 pm

Wiggins is having a season similar to THJ. Maybe a little better defense and he is a better fit as SF, which might be a better fit. And he is a few years younger. In just a player for player swap, I would be fine with him on the Mavs instead of THJ.

His contract is a negative, so I think the Mavs would need something to take him. I doubt GSW give up a pick or anything much to get rid of him, but is certainly worth making the call to keep in touch. GSW is going to be under luxury tax pressure as well as desire to field a good team for Curry/Klay/Dray last years, so their picks and Wiseman could be in play.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#57 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:09 pm

JRich, Powell and Burke will be on the payroll next year, Terry should be able to replace Burke's minutes, turning These 3 to Wiggins/Hield is something the Mavs should seriously consider.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#58 » by BlueSan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:38 pm

1. Trade Porzingis + another player (Richardson / Powell) for a good player and a useful piece.

2. Get DeRozan

3. Extend Brunson

4. Keep Hardaway if he accepts 15 mils

5. Extend Dončič

6. Sign Bey and Hinton

7. Keep WCS for these peanuts

The rest not that important DFS can be traded mid season or before season or extended...whatever
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#59 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:49 am

OMG only a blind man can't see how terrible is this roster outside Luka, we need a revolution not an off season :lol: :lol: :lol:
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#60 » by daoneandonly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:13 pm

BlueSan wrote:1. Trade Porzingis + another player (Richardson / Powell) for a good player and a useful piece.

2. Get DeRozan

3. Extend Brunson

4. Keep Hardaway if he accepts 15 mils

5. Extend Dončič

6. Sign Bey and Hinton

7. Keep WCS for these peanuts

The rest not that important DFS can be traded mid season or before season or extended...whatever

Derozan is a terrible fit with Luka. He can't defend or space the floor, I can't understand why people want him.

Brunson is proving to be a second round guy, he's been garbage lately. He doesn't even try to pass or defend.

Return to Dallas Mavericks