ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Knicks @ Mavs (Friday, 9:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Re: RS 20/21 - Knicks @ Mavs (Friday, 9:30PM EST) 

Post#61 » by BlueSan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:22 am

As I was saying. This team aint good enough.

Also interestingly enough the game ran out of hand when at the start of 4th Rick was sitting Luka and Porzingis.

Shocker
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,340

Post#62 » by Jellybeans » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:29 am

One team can touch you and dont get shooting fouls,but other team gets and 1 all the time.Refs hated Mavs.
I allready forgot how many times KP got hit fouled and refs do nothing.Act like nothing happened :lol:
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#63 » by arkuo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:37 am

Absinthe wrote:
arkuo wrote:This is a bad look on Cuban and Luka. Coming out and complaining about the play in setup of the season yet they cant win supposedly winnable games. They'll just come off as whiny.

The play in is dumb and the truncated schedule has caused so many injuries it’s ridiculous.

I agree. But hopefully they could just let others say it in the media instead. No use getting the sporlight for themselves when they cant win games themselves and Luka is up there with technical fouls too.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,560

Post#64 » by jpengland » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:50 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:Sunday will be Rick's last game if we lose against the Kings

4 straight losses now, I don't care we won one of those by unreal luck

5 straight should do it, go Kings!

And 21-8 before those 4 losses.

Anybody thinking Cuban is firing a concensus top 5 Coach after a few losses is deluded.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#65 » by Apz » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:27 am

arkuo wrote:
Absinthe wrote:
arkuo wrote:This is a bad look on Cuban and Luka. Coming out and complaining about the play in setup of the season yet they cant win supposedly winnable games. They'll just come off as whiny.

The play in is dumb and the truncated schedule has caused so many injuries it’s ridiculous.

I agree. But hopefully they could just let others say it in the media instead. No use getting the sporlight for themselves when they cant win games themselves and Luka is up there with technical fouls too.

What does winning have to do with thinking its (Please Use More Appropriate Word)? I think play in is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) and im not even playing
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 2,935

Post#66 » by Oscar9992 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:30 am

Mavs are terrible and unwatchable.

Won't be surprised if Luka leaves Dallas in free agency.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#67 » by BlueSan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:01 am

Well that is going too far.

There is yet to be a case where a player will not sign his rookie extension, let alone supermax. Then if he doesnt like the situation he can slowly but surely force out after 2-4 years of that contract. Not ideal for soul, but ideal for wallet 200 mils is enough money to stop worrying about it as a basketball player
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,560

Post#68 » by jpengland » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:35 am

Oscar9992 wrote:Mavs are terrible and unwatchable.

Apart from the he fact, just no.

Restricted free agency...

No star player has ever taken the QO. So, yeah. He's with Dallas for the foreseeable.

He's 22 years old. Both he, and Dallas, have time. To expect us to be crushing every game at this point is beyond ridiculous.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,391

Post#69 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:45 am

Again Mavs almost reach the 6th place, and kick the bucket, it's a frustrating season.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#70 » by XTraderXL » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:42 am

He should leave as soon as possible. I wouldnt want Cuban to be my owner. And apparently they cant put together a competitive team. Why waste more years in Dallas?
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by XTraderXL » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:48 am

jpengland wrote:

Apart from the he fact, just no.

Restricted free agency...

No star player has ever taken the QO. So, yeah. He's with Dallas for the foreseeable.

He's 22 years old. Both he, and Dallas, have time. To expect us to be crushing every game at this point is beyond ridiculous.

Someone will be the first, why not Luka? It will become the norm once it happens. Luka is taking no risk if he takes QO and forces the team to really do something with the roster. If he signs an extention, they can just do nothing again and we will be watching the same middling team for the next few years. At least by taking QO Luka keeps his options open. That is always a good thing, he will get paid no matter what anyway.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#72 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:50 am

What do you want from Cuban? He tried to bring another star in KP, and paid very little, it didn't work out, and he's positioned with good cap situation now.
Give him this off-season, and see how it goes, the team doesn't have any crippling contracts, they are missing 2 picks, 2021 and 2023, no that big of a deal.
The decision to be inactive this deadline is frustrating, because the team had ~50million in expiring contracts to use, but OTOH he wanted to see what happens with KP/JRich, how good THJ is.
I do think Cuban should look for a professional GM, too bad Philly snatched Morrey, Donnie's overmatched.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#73 » by Pinkyring » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:06 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Dirk wrote:Puttting it simple: This is personal. Game of the season.

Good game

With as bad as shape the Knicks have been in and are in i hope this regular season win is special to u
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#74 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:38 am

Dirk (the mod) is a jinx, (in soup Nazi voice) No more game threads for you!
Pofukauskas
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#75 » by Pofukauskas » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:01 am

Like I've said some time ago - this team is pure trash that's not going anywhere anytime soon and it's been evident since the start of the season. It's Luka and scrubs that can't even play 4 on 3 most of the time, much less create for themselves and others. Running around the three point line and chucking bricks is the only play Carlisle has in the bag, it's hilarious honestly, but to be expected. They've created a roster where every single player on the team apart from Doncic is either underweight or too short, and all of them apart from DFS are way too soft. Mavs get physically dominated every single game to the point that just watching games hurt. I can't understand how Mavs FO and the coach don't see and address this. You absolutely need OG Anunobys, Lu Dorts, Royce Whites etc. on your team. You also absolutely need a center that can **** set a screen and get a rebound, unlike Pussingis. Why do all good teams have physical wings and centers but Mavs seem to think it's not important? Why are Jokic, Embiid, Davis, Gobert so good? Because they have mass to go along with other skills. Why do rookies like Bey, Bane or Achiuwa make an impact and Josh Green don't? Because they are big! I'm so tired of this Carlisle's gimmicky basketball style with skiny scrubs running around the three point line...

Dallas is a team in a republican state that has a white owner, a white GM, and an old school white coach that gushes over token white scrubs. Recent signing of Melli and Reddick was just over the top, it's ridiculous tbh. What's next? Trading for Luke Kennard and signing Mason Plumlee in the offseason? And then everybody wonders why no black basketball star ever signs for Dallas...Everybody that has any clue about basketball knows there's only two white basketball players in the world that move the needle - Doncic and Jokic, everyone else is just a number and a warm body on the court. And don't even try to come at me with some racism bull because I'm white...

So if I'm Luka I'm definitely signing QO and then GTFO of Dallas first day after the season and never look back. He should choose a team of his liking (young defensive team with physical players) that can be a title contender for the next ten years and call it a day. You're only in your twenties for so long and you shouldn't throw it away. Money is not even a factor imho, not with Luka's lifestyle. And even then he'll get the max from everyone it just won't be a supermax but who cares, he gets 20 mil a year from Jordan alone and he can get other sponsorship deals playing in a better basketball market. He's more than settled for life financially and he shouldn't waste prime years of his career.

Ignoring other scrubs on the team for a second - WTF happened with Kleber? This guy got so baby **** soft it's ridiculous. He gets lit up every single night like clockwork it doesn't even matter who he's "guarding". And this guy is supposed to be some factor for this team. He's a pure one dimensional (open 3 point shot) scrub if I ever seen one. He would be playing spot minutes for a true contender and getting DNPs in the playoffs...but he has a new haircut, a longterm deal, and white token boys lovers that run the Mavs have his back so it's all good.

One more thing - I laugh at all the fans wanting to finish 6h in the West and play the Clippers. Like they're not watching the games and seeing how their team gets physically dominated night in night out. Mavs will/would get swept by the Clippers this time easily. If I'm Mavs FO I want to play the least physical team in the first round with this pussy soft team that they have, if you make it to PO that is. So staying 7th and playing the Suns is as optimal as it gets imho. They only have one physical defender in Crowder and you could at least play some Doncic bullyball. My order of preference for 1st round opponent would be Suns, Jazz, Nuggets, Clippers, (healthy) Lakers.

I could go on and on about how **** and without future this team/franchise is right now with this roster and no assets...I pray to god Doncic takes the QO and leaves, sorry about that real Mavsfans.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#76 » by ACMFFL » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:04 am

The QO thing is just a BS, with all due respect. It will never happen.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Pofukauskas
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#77 » by Pofukauskas » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:07 am

Why is taking the QO BS? It's the most fair thing to do as a player if you don't see a way to be successful with your current team in the future. Signing a supermax and then forcing your way out is way worse. From Doncic perspective - he would be playing underpaid for the Mavs for four years through various injuries carrying the team on his back for 10 mil a year. It's not like he was babied like Pussingis playing soft half the games and sitting the other half for 30 mil per. No one in Dallas should say one bad word about him if he leaves while being professional to the last day of his current contract.
He absolutely should tell the team he's taking the QO sooner rather than later and promise he'll be a professional in his last year, play hard, and ignore all the media baiting. After the season he shakes Cuban's hands and without media fuss chooses a new team to his liking that can play hard and compete for the title in the next 10 years.
Mavs can then sign another veteran undersized&underweight guard to Carlisle's liking that would run around the three point line, shoot bricks, and feed Pussignis for his logo threes. Sign some more jump shooting token white boys and take extra care of your new franchise player Pussingis, load manage him some more, make absolutely sure he doesn't have to set a single physical screen, hide him on defense as much as possible, and figure a way he doesn't have to battle for rebounds in the paint.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#78 » by daoneandonly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Pofukauskas wrote:Like I've said some time ago - this team is pure trash that's not going anywhere anytime soon and it's been evident since the start of the season. It's Luka and scrubs that can't even play 4 on 3 most of the time, much less create for themselves and others. Running around the three point line and chucking bricks is the only play Carlisle has in the bag, it's hilarious honestly, but to be expected. They've created a roster where every single player on the team apart from Doncic is either underweight or too short, and all of them apart from DFS are way too soft. Mavs get physically dominated every single game to the point that just watching games hurt. I can't understand how Mavs FO and the coach don't see and address this. You absolutely need OG Anunobys, Lu Dorts, Royce Whites etc. on your team. You also absolutely need a center that can **** set a screen and get a rebound, unlike Pussingis. Why do all good teams have physical wings and centers but Mavs seem to think it's not important? Why are Jokic, Embiid, Davis, Gobert so good? Because they have mass to go along with other skills. Why do rookies like Bey, Bane or Achiuwa make an impact and Josh Green don't? Because they are big! I'm so tired of this Carlisle's gimmicky basketball style with skiny scrubs running around the three point line...

Dallas is a team in a republican state that has a white owner, a white GM, and an old school white coach that gushes over token white scrubs. Recent signing of Melli and Reddick was just over the top, it's ridiculous tbh. What's next? Trading for Luke Kennard and signing Mason Plumlee in the offseason? And then everybody wonders why no black basketball star ever signs for Dallas...Everybody that has any clue about basketball knows there's only two white basketball players in the world that move the needle - Doncic and Jokic, everyone else is just a number and a warm body on the court. And don't even try to come at me with some racism bull because I'm white...

So if I'm Luka I'm definitely signing QO and then GTFO of Dallas first day after the season and never look back. He should choose a team of his liking (young defensive team with physical players) that can be a title contender for the next ten years and call it a day. You're only in your twenties for so long and you shouldn't throw it away. Money is not even a factor imho, not with Luka's lifestyle. And even then he'll get the max from everyone it just won't be a supermax but who cares, he gets 20 mil a year from Jordan alone and he can get other sponsorship deals playing in a better basketball market. He's more than settled for life financially and he shouldn't waste prime years of his career.

Ignoring other scrubs on the team for a second - WTF happened with Kleber? This guy got so baby **** soft it's ridiculous. He gets lit up every single night like clockwork it doesn't even matter who he's "guarding". And this guy is supposed to be some factor for this team. He's a pure one dimensional (open 3 point shot) scrub if I ever seen one. He would be playing spot minutes for a true contender and getting DNPs in the playoffs...but he has a new haircut, a longterm deal, and white token boys lovers that run the Mavs have his back so it's all good.

One more thing - I laugh at all the fans wanting to finish 6h in the West and play the Clippers. Like they're not watching the games and seeing how their team gets physically dominated night in night out. Mavs will/would get swept by the Clippers this time easily. If I'm Mavs FO I want to play the least physical team in the first round with this pussy soft team that they have, if you make it to PO that is. So staying 7th and playing the Suns is as optimal as it gets imho. They only have one physical defender in Crowder and you could at least play some Doncic bullyball. My order of preference for 1st round opponent would be Suns, Jazz, Nuggets, Clippers, (healthy) Lakers.

I could go on and on about how **** and without future this team/franchise is right now with this roster and no assets...I pray to god Doncic takes the QO and leaves, sorry about that real Mavsfans.

I can understand your frustrations, the only piece I'll comment on is the seeding.

At least for me, it's less about who we play and more about avoiding the play in. If you can guarantee a playoff spot you work for it, don't take the risk of trying to get cute with seeding and then lose those games just to give the Knicks a good pick. I prefer the Sun's too, but who knows where they'll be seeded when it's all said and done
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by XTraderXL » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:15 pm

ACMFFL wrote:The QO thing is just a BS, with all due respect. It will never happen.

I never said it will, read what I wrote again. But it would be something to think about in Lukas case. He is one of handfull of players that is taking no risk at all by leaving his options open. He will get paid no matter what happens. Someone will do it eventually and then people will wonder why it took so long. Luka could be the first and start a revolution which would be part of his legacy. He is the perfect candidate.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by XTraderXL » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Pofukauskas wrote:Like I've said some time ago - this team is pure trash that's not going anywhere anytime soon and it's been evident since the start of the season. It's Luka and scrubs that can't even play 4 on 3 most of the time, much less create for themselves and others. Running around the three point line and chucking bricks is the only play Carlisle has in the bag, it's hilarious honestly, but to be expected. They've created a roster where every single player on the team apart from Doncic is either underweight or too short, and all of them apart from DFS are way too soft. Mavs get physically dominated every single game to the point that just watching games hurt. I can't understand how Mavs FO and the coach don't see and address this. You absolutely need OG Anunobys, Lu Dorts, Royce Whites etc. on your team. You also absolutely need a center that can **** set a screen and get a rebound, unlike Pussingis. Why do all good teams have physical wings and centers but Mavs seem to think it's not important? Why are Jokic, Embiid, Davis, Gobert so good? Because they have mass to go along with other skills. Why do rookies like Bey, Bane or Achiuwa make an impact and Josh Green don't? Because they are big! I'm so tired of this Carlisle's gimmicky basketball style with skiny scrubs running around the three point line...

You seem to have an issue with white people in general :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks