Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0 

Post#221 » by chrbal » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:54 am

kalenclayton wrote:Noteworthy, I guess.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wagner has been bad as a Celtic, but Parker? Doesn’t seem worth adding.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Post#222 » by tmorgan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:59 am

Mo needs to get picked up. He has a place in the league. Scoring bench big is his ceiling, sure, but he shouldn’t be getting cut.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#223 » by bondom34 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:00 am

Yeah I think I'd rather Wagner than Parker? I mean, low bar but still.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,664

Post#224 » by Diop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:33 am

he could probably start for Charlotte
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#225 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:56 am

Diop wrote:he could probably start for Charlotte

Cody’s been that garbage this year?
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#226 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:04 am

tmorgan wrote:Mo needs to get picked up. He has a place in the league. Scoring bench big is his ceiling, sure, but he shouldn’t be getting cut.

holy crap mo is way better. love to pick up for bulls as i hated losing him for expiring theis.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,664

Post#227 » by Diop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:00 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Diop wrote:he could probably start for Charlotte

Cody’s been that garbage this year?

It’s been weird, not sure if he is injured but coach hasn’t been playing him much.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#228 » by Buzzard » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:01 pm

I remember the bashing the Hawks got for Jabari last season. Now one of the smartest franchises in the league goes and gets him. Jabari can still score off the bench; but I'd not trust his 3 ball any longer.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#229 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Buzzard wrote:I remember the bashing the Hawks got for Jabari last season. Now one of the smartest franchises in the league goes and gets him. Jabari can still score off the bench; but I'd not trust his 3 ball any longer.

Rightfiully so; giving Jabari parker a 13m 2 year deal was just awful. It was clearly dumb at the time, and with the benefit of hindsight, was wrong and became a negative value contract, and then a guy waived because he couldn't live up to it.

I assume the Celtics signed him to the vet min; which was *still* questioned as a choice above.

Reading your post; it sounds like the difference between a vet min and a 13m contract is being dismissed, and instead it was somehow mysteriously a bashed decision because of the team names involved.
HartfordWhalers

Post#230 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:08 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Mo needs to get picked up. He has a place in the league. Scoring bench big is his ceiling, sure, but he shouldn’t be getting cut.

holy crap mo is way better. love to pick up for bulls as i hated losing him for expiring theis.

Because of the deal structure; he technically was never a Bull, and thus Chicago is not restricted from (re-)signing him.

I would be surprised if he isn't picked up, but not being able to play in the playoffs should limit the market to teams fully out of it. Detroit perhaps?
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#231 » by Buzzard » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:10 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Buzzard wrote:I remember the bashing the Hawks got for Jabari last season. Now one of the smartest franchises in the league goes and gets him. Jabari can still score off the bench; but I'd not trust his 3 ball any longer.

Rightfiully so; giving Jabari parker a 13m 2 year deal was just awful. It was clearly dumb at the time, and with the benefit of hindsight, was wrong and became a negative value contract, and then a guy waived because he couldn't live up to it.

I assume the Celtics signed him to the vet min; which was *still* questioned as a choice above.

Reading your post; it sounds like the difference between a vet min and a 13m contract is being dismissed, and instead it was somehow mysteriously a bashed decision because of the team names involved.

Hindsight is the great equalizer. It was not dumb. It just did not work out. Collins suspension put Jabari in a starters role for 23 of the Hawks first 30 games. Hopefully no injury or anything happens for the Celtics like that.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
HartfordWhalers

Post#232 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:19 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:So the Celtics traded Theis for a $4m dead cap hit?

They got Kornet?

Theis and Javonte Green and 1.3million cash for Kornet and Wagner (cut).

Saved ~1.5m in payroll; but if bbinsiders is right, they were below the tax anyway by a smidge. And if paying out 1.3m in cash, could have probably gotten someone to eat Green and saved more than half the tax room as is.

Basically they paid the salary cap difference to downgrade Theis to Kornet; both being unrestricted.

Seems pretty clearly an awful trade, and one I don't understand unless Theis was feuding with the Boston stars. And even then, I'm not sold.
HartfordWhalers

Post#233 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Buzzard wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Hindsight is the great equalizer. It was not dumb. It just did not work out. Collins suspension put Jabari in a starters role for 23 of the Hawks first 30 games. Hopefully no injury or anything happens for the Celtics like that.

Yeah, thats horse crap. Try to be objective here.

Somehow everyone knew to bash the Hawks for that particular signing and somehow it didn't work out; but we only know that because of hindsight?

Jabari looked at the time to be just what he is now. And proved to stay that. But Atlanta offered him a contract where Jabrai had all the upside; Atlanta would get one year trial and if Jabari was a seriously flawed player then they would be stuck with his bad contract; while if Jabari would somehow on team 4 in year 5 break out, then he could leave as an unrestricted free agent.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#234 » by Buzzard » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:32 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Yeah, thats horse crap. Try to be objective here.

Somehow everyone knew to bash the Hawks for that particular signing and somehow it didn't work out; but we only know that because of hindsight?

Jabari looked at the time to be just what he is now. And proved to stay that. But Atlanta offered him a contract where Jabrai had all the upside; Atlanta would get one year trial and if Jabari was a seriously flawed player then they would be stuck with his bad contract; while if Jabari would somehow on team 4 in year 5 break out, then he could leave as an unrestricted free agent.

Why the hate man? I don't get it at all. Jabari had solid numbers in Washington after the trade. 15.0/7.2 with a TS% of .587.

He looked like a perfect offensive backup to Collins. In the end it did not work out; but jeez, the whole season for the Hawks did not live up to expectations. it was only 8.5 million and its not like Hawks had max money that season to spend :lol:

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
HartfordWhalers

Post#235 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:34 pm

Btw: I looked back and the 'bashing' of the Hawks at the time:

Would rather see 2/18 with a TO than 2/13 with a PO for Jabari. Atlanta either created a mild bad contract or will have to renegotiate with an ufa in 1 year. I just don't see the upside to the team here.

I'm not sure any of that took hindsight. A one and PO like that on a rebuilding team made no long term value in any way whatsoever, and ended up costing some.

Now, for bashing, when Chicago signed him to his big one year deal....
HartfordWhalers

Post#236 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:38 pm

Buzzard wrote:Why the hate man? I don't get it at all. Jabari had solid numbers in Washington after the trade. 15.0/7.2 with a TS% of .587.

He looked like a perfect offensive backup to Collins. In the end it did not work out; but jeez, the whole season for the Hawks did not live up to expectations. it was only 8.5 million and its not like Hawks had max money that season to spend :lol:

You brought this topic up; playing the victim and equating a team signing Jabari to the min(?) with a 1+PO on a rebuilding team for what was 2/13m.

If you are going to play the victim, and basically whine about how Atlanta was treated two years ago; you might expect pushback when Atlanta didn't actually make a smart decision two years ago.

If you don't want an even and fair approach to Atlanta's moves and want to believe all all good (or don't matter), then you probably need to find a place with everyone else sharing that take.
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#237 » by Buzzard » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:42 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Buzzard wrote:Why the hate man? I don't get it at all. Jabari had solid numbers in Washington after the trade. 15.0/7.2 with a TS% of .587.

You brought this topic up; playing the victim and equating a team signing Jabari to the min(?) with a 1+PO on a rebuilding team for what was 2/13m.

If you are going to play the victim, and basically whine about how Atlanta was treated two years ago; you might expect pushback when Atlanta didn't actually make a smart decision two years ago.

If you don't want an even and fair approach to Atlanta's moves and want to believe all all good (or don't matter), then you probably need to find a place with everyone else sharing that take.

I did a simple comparison regarding one player and two franchises. If that makes me a victim, 10 - 20% of all threads here are victim threads. I will leave it at that.

I made my point. Jabari may be a good get for the Celtics provided he is not asked to do to much.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#238 » by cl2117 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:25 pm

Poor man's Aaron Gordon at the minimum. I love it. I mean, why not?
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#239 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:00 pm

cl2117 wrote:Poor man's Aaron Gordon at the minimum. I love it. I mean, why not?

How do you think so? They’re almost nothing alike. Gordon’s value lies in defensive potential and athleticism, while Parker has absolutely NO defense, admits he won’t play it, and has little athleticism left with the knee injuries.

If you want a poor mans Aaron Gordon, you’re gonna be disappointed.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,554

Post#240 » by Colbinii » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:04 pm

cl2117 wrote:Poor man's Aaron Gordon at the minimum. I love it. I mean, why not?

If thats your expectation of Jabari Parker then you will be sorely disappointed.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to Trades and Transactions