ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Knicks @ Mavs (Friday, 9:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Re: RS 20/21 - Knicks @ Mavs (Friday, 9:30PM EST) 

Post#81 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:29 pm

We started with Donnie, then RC, then Cuban and now Trump, next is Matthew McConaughey
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,594

Post#82 » by Dirk » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:24 pm

KhalilS wrote:Dirk (the mod) is a jinx, (in soup Nazi voice) No more game threads for you!

This loss is in line with losing to SAS and Houston. And the near loss to Memphis. A couple of players aren't at their best. There's something missing right now on the toughness/not getting punked section as well.
60/21/10
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#83 » by ACMFFL » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:40 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
ACMFFL wrote:The QO thing is just a BS, with all due respect. It will never happen.

I never said it will, read what I wrote again. But it would be something to think about in Lukas case. He is one of handfull of players that is taking no risk at all by leaving his options open. He will get paid no matter what happens. Someone will do it eventually and then people will wonder why it took so long. Luka could be the first and start a revolution which would be part of his legacy. He is the perfect candidate.

I was speaking in general cause it's not the first time I read about the QO.
I don't remember a single legit superstar who took the QO, even Lebron didn't quit the Cavs back in the days.
Luka knows very well he can't win all in his third freaking year in the league, usually teams need time to turn themselves into real contenders.
I just think some are just overracting after a bad lost.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#84 » by Phish Tank » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:43 pm

has Rick ever benched Luka & KP together in a close matchup against a winning squad like he did last night? I swear I don't recall ever see that happening outside of big leads/deficits against lesser opponents
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#85 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 pm

Dirk wrote:
KhalilS wrote:Dirk (the mod) is a jinx, (in soup Nazi voice) No more game threads for you!

This loss is in line with losing to SAS and Houston. And the near loss to Memphis. A couple of players aren't at their best. There's something missing right now on the toughness/not getting punked section as well.

Players are exhausted, It's just severe lack of depth, for positions 3,4,5 Mavs have one starting calibre player, the majority of defense comes from these positions, and every guy the Mavs have have some severe limitation, either too slow, too small or simply bad player, in the backcourt you only have Luka and Brunson who can do something.
Hopefully this offseason they'll start consolidating talents, rather than 6-7 rotation player in the 5-10 million range, get 3 players in the 15-20 millions range.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#86 » by Archx » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:04 pm

Phish Tank wrote:has Rick ever benched Luka & KP together in a close matchup against a winning squad like he did last night? I swear I don't recall ever see that happening outside of big leads/deficits against lesser opponents

I can't remember when that happened before. I mean it has but Knicks were making a huge run and they were still on the bench. He was forcing Brunson, Powell, Jrich over THJ, KP and Luka. Didn't even try to go with Melli over Maxi when Randle was cooking him. Melli is a tougher player and has proven that he can defend stronger wings. Instead, DFS, who is a much smaller defender, was forced to guard Randle with little to no success.

Usually i point out to a few mistakes, that can happen to any coach, but it sure as hell is getting weird lately how Rick is managing these games. I mean, it sure looked like Mavs coaching staff wasn't prepared for this game at all.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#87 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:07 pm

Luka always sits the 1st 5 minutes of the 4th, KP played 38 minutes, he had to sit him.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#88 » by Phish Tank » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:18 pm

KhalilS wrote:Luka always sits the 1st 5 minutes of the 4th, KP played 38 minutes, he had to sit him.

yeah but you gotta always one of them on the floor. That stretch without both led to the Knicks extending the lead and effectively sealed the victory. Play one of KP or Luka and they'd have at least stunted the lead and give Luka a better chance to take the lead midway in the quarter.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#89 » by Mavrelous » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:45 pm

RC has some head scratching moves sometimes.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,536

Post#90 » by jpengland » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:56 pm

I'm done with the Dallas forum. It's embarrassing.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#91 » by Bob8 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:01 pm

3 things we have seen in this game,

Believing how Luka should start slowly and only feed his teammates doesn't work.

You need to play at least decent D to have realistic chances for success.

Brunson had - 80 net rating. :o

I agree that Mavs are more or less where they should be roster wise, but I cannot understand how you can build that bad roster, if Luka and Brunson together are getting less than Richardson? You cannot build a good roster paying those 2 less than 10 and you will be able to build competitive roster while paying them 50+ mio? Luka should put some pressure on them for the good of the whole organisation.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#92 » by Bob8 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:18 pm

leolozon wrote:It's always the same thing. Luka is 4/6 from 2 and 1/6 from 3, but he keeps shooting 3s...

Anyway, they can't get a stop, so what's the point.

They're not giving him enough easy 2s, like every good defensive teams aren't. Luka's and team's success is highly positive correlated with him shooting well for 3. If he had good enough teammates, they would have just exploited D focusing so much on Luka and he wouldn't need to shoot those difficult 3s. To be honest Knicks D was impressive.
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#93 » by DrPampiloni » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:52 am

Bob8 wrote:
leolozon wrote:It's always the same thing. Luka is 4/6 from 2 and 1/6 from 3, but he keeps shooting 3s...

They're not giving him enough easy 2s, like every good defensive teams aren't. Luka's and team's success is highly positive correlated with him shooting well for 3. If he had good enough teammates, they would have just exploited D focusing so much on Luka and he wouldn't need to shoot those difficult 3s. To be honest Knicks D was impressive.

That's not the whole story, Luka does take unjustifiably bad three point shots. If he makes he's God, otherwise he really looks like Russell Westbrook out there. He is trying to become a Houston-style James Harden, seriously and I do not think this is a winning strategy.
An example is against the Knicks this last game, down 8 with 2.04 minutes to go, still a winnable game. Porzingis is completely free from the top of the three point line, and actually calls for the pass. Luka instead cross-over dribbles, and shoots a fade-away guarded from the right guard position. That sequence really made me scream at the screen. The game was lost after that.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#94 » by Bob8 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:30 am

DrPampiloni wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

That's not the whole story, Luka does take unjustifiably bad three point shots. If he makes he's God, otherwise he really looks like Russell Westbrook out there. He is trying to become a Houston-style James Harden, seriously and I do not think this is a winning strategy.
An example is against the Knicks this last game, down 8 with 2.04 minutes to go, still a winnable game. Porzingis is completely free from the top of the three point line, and actually calls for the pass. Luka instead cross-over dribbles, and shoots a fade-away guarded from the right guard position. That sequence really made me scream at the screen. The game was lost after that.

You might check what Westbrook efficiency is, before you make those laughable comparison. Luka's eFG% is 55.6. Westbrook never in his carrier was over 50. They're totally incomparable players, 1 efficient and second very inefficient.

In last 4 games in which Mavs were struggled, Luka never got more than 20 attempts, yesterday only 16 and his FG% were always, except against Knicks, over 50. Imho Luka is shooting absolutely not enough. Shooting 4 shots in first half absolutely doesn't work for Luka. He needs to get going early, especially for 3.

Game was already lost then and KP like Luka pretty bad for 3.
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#95 » by Archx » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 pm

DrPampiloni wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Mate, Luka had 22+19 assists and only 3TO's with 27% USG. KP had the highest USG% with 29% and also closely followed by Brunson who had 24%. Luka created more than half of Mavs points, who as a team, scored only 109. You can cherry pick one or two bad plays from him, i have no problems with that, but Mavs were in a losing, (or in a very tough) position, because of other things that happened early on.

I blame this loss mainly on a very poor game management from Rick. No adjustments, same predictable sub patterns etc... Heck, even ESPN were talking how Thibs is smartly matching Rick's rotations, it's so predictable at this point that even us who are watching from home, we know what he'll do next.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#96 » by Bob8 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:16 pm

Archx wrote:
DrPampiloni wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Mate, Luka had 22+19 assists and only 3TO's with 27% USG. KP had the highest USG% with 29% and also closely followed by Brunson who had 24%. Luka created more than half of Mavs points, who as a team, scored only 109. You can cherry pick one or two bad plays from him, i have no problems with that, but Mavs were in a losing, (or in a very tough) position, because of other things that happened early on.

I blame this loss mainly on a very poor game management from Rick. No adjustments, same predictable sub patterns etc... Heck, even ESPN were talking how Thibs is smartly matching Rick's rotations, it's so predictable at this point that even us who are watching from home, we know what he'll do next.

Experiment with lowering Luka's usage and shot attempts didn't go well. They could easily lost 4 in a row.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#97 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:40 pm

Pofukauskas wrote:Like I've said some time ago - this team is pure trash that's not going anywhere anytime soon and it's been evident since the start of the season. It's Luka and scrubs that can't even play 4 on 3 most of the time, much less create for themselves and others. Running around the three point line and chucking bricks is the only play Carlisle has in the bag, it's hilarious honestly, but to be expected. They've created a roster where every single player on the team apart from Doncic is either underweight or too short, and all of them apart from DFS are way too soft. Mavs get physically dominated every single game to the point that just watching games hurt. I can't understand how Mavs FO and the coach don't see and address this. You absolutely need OG Anunobys, Lu Dorts, Royce Whites etc. on your team. You also absolutely need a center that can **** set a screen and get a rebound, unlike Pussingis. Why do all good teams have physical wings and centers but Mavs seem to think it's not important? Why are Jokic, Embiid, Davis, Gobert so good? Because they have mass to go along with other skills. Why do rookies like Bey, Bane or Achiuwa make an impact and Josh Green don't? Because they are big! I'm so tired of this Carlisle's gimmicky basketball style with skiny scrubs running around the three point line...

Dallas is a team in a republican state that has a white owner, a white GM, and an old school white coach that gushes over token white scrubs. Recent signing of Melli and Reddick was just over the top, it's ridiculous tbh. What's next? Trading for Luke Kennard and signing Mason Plumlee in the offseason? And then everybody wonders why no black basketball star ever signs for Dallas...Everybody that has any clue about basketball knows there's only two white basketball players in the world that move the needle - Doncic and Jokic, everyone else is just a number and a warm body on the court. And don't even try to come at me with some racism bull because I'm white...

So if I'm Luka I'm definitely signing QO and then GTFO of Dallas first day after the season and never look back. He should choose a team of his liking (young defensive team with physical players) that can be a title contender for the next ten years and call it a day. You're only in your twenties for so long and you shouldn't throw it away. Money is not even a factor imho, not with Luka's lifestyle. And even then he'll get the max from everyone it just won't be a supermax but who cares, he gets 20 mil a year from Jordan alone and he can get other sponsorship deals playing in a better basketball market. He's more than settled for life financially and he shouldn't waste prime years of his career.

Ignoring other scrubs on the team for a second - WTF happened with Kleber? This guy got so baby **** soft it's ridiculous. He gets lit up every single night like clockwork it doesn't even matter who he's "guarding". And this guy is supposed to be some factor for this team. He's a pure one dimensional (open 3 point shot) scrub if I ever seen one. He would be playing spot minutes for a true contender and getting DNPs in the playoffs...but he has a new haircut, a longterm deal, and white token boys lovers that run the Mavs have his back so it's all good.

One more thing - I laugh at all the fans wanting to finish 6h in the West and play the Clippers. Like they're not watching the games and seeing how their team gets physically dominated night in night out. Mavs will/would get swept by the Clippers this time easily. If I'm Mavs FO I want to play the least physical team in the first round with this pussy soft team that they have, if you make it to PO that is. So staying 7th and playing the Suns is as optimal as it gets imho. They only have one physical defender in Crowder and you could at least play some Doncic bullyball. My order of preference for 1st round opponent would be Suns, Jazz, Nuggets, Clippers, (healthy) Lakers.

I could go on and on about how **** and without future this team/franchise is right now with this roster and no assets...I pray to god Doncic takes the QO and leaves, sorry about that real Mavsfans.

I'm starting to think this guy has a point. I mean look at the demographics of the team, its not at all what the majority of the NBA is. Not to mention, why the heck did we draft Green and Terry? Because both are half white and one has international ties to Australia? Its getting ridiculous.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#98 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Ultra liberal jewish Mark Cuban is a secret white supremacist, Mavs board is onto him, signing players like Dampier, Josh Howard, Marquise Daniels, JET, Matrix, Moped Ellis, Barnes, etc... as a decoy wasn't successful, you're fooling no one MC.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#99 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:32 pm

KhalilS wrote:Ultra liberal jewish Mark Cuban is a secret white supremacist, Mavs board is onto him, signing players like Dampier, Josh Howard, Marquise Daniels, JET, Matrix, Moped Ellis, Barnes, etc... as a decoy wasn't successful, you're fooling no one MC.

Perhaps we're getting a bit carried away, but take a step back and look at the team outside our one star

KP
Maxi
Redick
Meli
Boban
powell
green
terry
thj
richardson
dfs
burke
wcs
brunson

The NBA is 75% African American. Of our main 15 man roster, 6 are white, 3 are half white, 6 are black. What other teams have the numbers so skewed? Im not saying anyone is racist, im just saying the difference is noticeable.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#100 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:58 pm

The 75% includes "half whites", the Mavs were right at league average before the trade and for a whole 2 months they'll be above avergae and back to average next year.
Of all the legitimate criticism for the Mavs FO, do you really want to manufacture racial bias?

Return to Dallas Mavericks