ImageImageImageImageImage

How would you fill out the roster?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#701 » by Kiddlovesnets » Fri Apr 2, 2021 9:35 pm

We still have one rosters spot open, when is the buyout deadline btw? Is Otto Porter Jr on his way to buyout?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#702 » by Paradise » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:33 am

Spencer refutes the Marc Stein report. Tell fans Warriors offered Oubre for him and The Nets declined.

Read on Twitter
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,503

Post#703 » by HardenGoat » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:22 am

I would imagine Spence would only say that cause he wants to stay and resign. There’s plenty of players that would put winning above money. Just sayin..
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#704 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:36 am

Paradise wrote:Spencer refutes the Marc Stein report. Tell fans Warriors offered Oubre for him and The Nets declined.

Read on Twitter

I believe Spence.

I swear, when I heard this I thought the same thing. I know it sounds homer-ish, but the sudden, last minute Oubre-Din rumors just sounded like spin control, and not from Marks' camp.

I do believe that Sean gauged the market for interest in Dinwiddie. I don't think that someone who could unseat a starter (or at least be an elite defensive 6th man) was gettable. Gordon ended up being out of our price range, RoCo wasn't going anywhere.

I'm a KU fan as well, and I'm proud of Kelly's development. But hes not worth even an 80% healthy Din, and we're one of the only teams that can afford to wait on his recovery. Once he returns, Spencer is gonna be just like a deadline trade acquisition, a rocket booster to an already loaded bench. ScariEST times coming.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#705 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:21 am

I think Alize's play has earned him the final roster spot. Hope Marks offers him one of those Hinkie specials with the multi year team options since he'll likely be a good role player for years to come.

With the injuries however we are clearly short at guard. Is it possible to convert Reggie Perry to be a 2 way spot and then sign another player? He's clearly the weakest link right now if even Deandre is getting DNPs with KD still to come back.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,831

Post#706 » by Karate Diop » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:56 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Paradise wrote:Spencer refutes the Marc Stein report. Tell fans Warriors offered Oubre for him and The Nets declined.

Read on Twitter

I believe Spence.

I swear, when I heard this I thought the same thing. I know it sounds homer-ish, but the sudden, last minute Oubre-Din rumors just sounded like spin control, and not from Marks' camp.

I do believe that Sean gauged the market for interest in Dinwiddie. I don't think that someone who could unseat a starter (or at least be an elite defensive 6th man) was gettable. Gordon ended up being out of our price range, RoCo wasn't going anywhere.

I'm a KU fan as well, and I'm proud of Kelly's development. But hes not worth even an 80% healthy Din, and we're one of the only teams that can afford to wait on his recovery. Once he returns, Spencer is gonna be just like a deadline trade acquisition, a rocket booster to an already loaded bench. ScariEST times coming.

I believe Spence because Oubre is horrible and Sean Marks isn't dumb.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,238

Post#707 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 6, 2021 5:50 pm

I definitely think we should sign Alize for cheap for a few years. But we still need another wing. TJ, Shamet and Harden seems to be hurt. Cheeze won't get any minutes in the playoffs, we need a real guard/wing player. Don't seem like anybody is getting bought out tho.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#708 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:17 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:I think Alize's play has earned him the final roster spot. Hope Marks offers him one of those Hinkie specials with the multi year team options since he'll likely be a good role player for years to come.

With the injuries however we are clearly short at guard. Is it possible to convert Reggie Perry to be a 2 way spot and then sign another player? He's clearly the weakest link right now if even Deandre is getting DNPs with KD still to come back.

We would have to waive Perry and I don't think Marks will do that.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#709 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Apr 6, 2021 8:42 pm

Meanwhile Ben McLemore just signed with Lakers because he's a Klutch client.

Clear collusion going on but I don't hear the outcry.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#710 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:11 pm

Without Harden for a while I really would like another guard. But there is really nobody on the market thats worth anything anyway.

Johnson/Shamet also being out is a killer.

For now we should move Harris back to the 2 at least.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#711 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:11 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Looks like Alize is here to stay :rock:

Still need a guard but no remaining roster spots. Work your magic Marks
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#712 » by Kiddlovesnets » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:36 am

So the Bulls are not going to buy out Otto Porter Jr? He could be great for us as a backup SF. Also how about Avery Bradley as backup SG/PG? The Rockets not considering buying him out thus far?
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#713 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:39 am

Kiddlovesnets wrote:So the Bulls are not going to buy out Otto Porter Jr? He could be great for us as a backup SF. Also how about Avery Bradley as backup SG/PG? The Rockets not considering buying him out thus far?

Porter is with Orlando now, and it sounds like they want to keep him for the rest of the season. I was really hoping that either him or James Johnson would accept a buyout, but Alizé is a fine consolation prize.
-- Steve Martin
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Post#714 » by brook » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:06 am

There's Austin Rivers out there, but I'm fine with keep Alize and sign him with a multi-year deal.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#715 » by Papi_swav » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:20 am

I figure I bump this up. Now with LMA gone how do we fill his spot and also can that player be playoff eligible at this point? it also looks like Cheeze is done for the year too. It looks like we need 2 guys to fill these spots.

We definitely need another guard/ball handler . Idk if I trust DJ/Clax center rotation. I know Blake/Uncle Jeff will play small ball 5 but I'm not sure if that's good enough in the playoffs. I also think we still need another wing defender but now that we signed Alize I don't see us going after a wing.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#716 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:45 am

Papi_swav wrote:I figure I bump this up. Now with LMA gone how do we fill his spot and also can that player be playoff eligible at this point? it also looks like Cheeze is done for the year too. It looks like we need 2 guys to fill these spots.

We definitely need another guard/ball handler . Idk if I trust DJ/Clax center rotation. I know Blake/Uncle Jeff will play small ball 5 but I'm not sure if that's good enough in the playoffs. I also think we still need another wing defender but now that we signed Alize I don't see us going after a wing.

GO. GET. MO.

Moritz Wagner just became a free agent, after the Celtics bought him out yesterday to make room for Jabari Parker. True, he has just arrived, proved he couldn't play the 4 next to their bigs and had a certifiably awful last game. BUT, there's a darn good, young C on the market, by far the best we'll be able to pick up at this point in the season.

He's a very efficient and skilled offensive player. He plays with energy and physicality on defense, just fouls way too often.

C'mon, Sean! Grab Wagner and shore up the C rotation once again.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#717 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:49 am

I also think we need to cut Chiozza, and call up Jeremiah Martin.

Chris can still get a ring if we win it all. But the likelihood that he comes back in time (and health) to help us is infinitesimal. The middle finger of his shooting hand is the last chance he has to guide his shot, and he was already getting routinely blocked and challenged given how short he is. Take away even more length, and he's even more of a liability on both ends. Best wishes to CC, he can't help us and we need some more guard depth.

Jeremiah is not the elite floor general I would ideally sign, but he's a capable table setter. He's also an ace on-ball defender, not just for the G League but for the NBA. We developed him for this, now it's time to cash in those chips. Even if you think they are equally impactful at full health, cutting Chiozza and signing Martin now means another healthy guard right now. With Tyler, Spencer and James out, another ball handler would be really nice.
-- Steve Martin
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#718 » by Sharcm1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:44 pm

Let’s pick up Moe Wagner. He was just waived by the Celtics. A center that can spread the floor
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#719 » by Papi_swav » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Moe sounds like a good pickup, a big that can shoot and he spaces the floor out for us, he gives us a different look as a center. But would he be eligible for the playoffs? does anyone know?
Fallout_3
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#720 » by Fallout_3 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Very good source in Spain. Mike James deal done.

Return to Brooklyn Nets