ImageImageImage

Miami Heets at Minny TPups 4/16 8pm (EST)

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Re: Miami Heets at Minny TPups 4/16 8pm (EST) 

Post#321 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:07 pm

It’s not about being soft. It’s just hard for guards wings to out jump and out muscle players double there size.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,616

Post#322 » by KingDavid » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:12 pm

Inconsistent Bam, once again. Boy do I miss Oladipo. Just as he was getting into the swing of things...
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#323 » by HeatFanLifer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:16 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:It’s not about being soft. It’s just hard for guards wings to out jump and out muscle players double there size.

Yup. Tough on the smaller guys and it’s tough on Bam to be the only big during the entire game. I get that one of Bam’s primary roles is to be a force in the paint, but he needs some help. Small ball works great during short periods of time in the playoffs. Heat need a couple of bigs in the roster to get them through the season.
OP for NBA FT record
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#324 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:02 pm

Why is it that almost every major name player that comes through Miami either had better stats before arriving or improving offensively after departing or wanting out at some point?

Mashburn, Lebron, Bosh, Dragic,,,,it's sad how short the list is. No one wants to play here unless they are over the hill, not wanted elsewhere or were traded here. And once they've had a taste of early summer practices, drills, the "culture" and what not, they want out.

Wade was the exception but even today, he chose Utah over Miami and he was offered Miami 1st. It's come down to renaming the Arena after a Cryptocurrency start-up I guess cause American Airlines had their fill & can see whats coming ahead. No draft picks, no oversized youth & scrubs playing system ball.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#325 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:Why is it that almost every major name player that comes through Miami either had better stats before arriving or improving offensively after departing or wanting out at some point?

Mashburn, Lebron, Bosh, Dragic,,,,it's sad how short the list is. No one wants to play here unless they are over the hill, not wanted elsewhere or were traded here. And once they've had a taste of early summer practices, drills, the "culture" and what not, they want out.

Wade was the exception but even today, he chose Utah over Miami and he was offered Miami 1st. It's come down to renaming the Arena after a Cryptocurrency start-up I guess cause American Airlines had their fill & can see whats coming ahead. No draft picks, no oversized youth & scrubs playing system ball.

This post is all over the place its kind of hard to decipher what point you are even trying to make. Jimmy is probably in the midst of his best statistical year right now. As far as no one wants to play here unless they are “over the hill, not wanted elsewhere or were traded here” that is kind of how the business works right? If someone wants to play on another team, unless they are a free agent they have to get traded.
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#326 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:41 pm

The point I'm making is this franchise since Pat Riley has come in has been allergic to drafting & playing youth but addicted to bottom of the barrel and hunting for "Gems". Lebron, Bosh and who else came here as free agents? I mentioned earlier that if someone like Danny Ferry were to come in, they would clean house starting with coach.
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#327 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:58 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:The point I'm making is this franchise since Pat Riley has come in has been allergic to drafting & playing youth but addicted to bottom of the barrel and hunting for "Gems". Lebron, Bosh and who else came here as free agents? I mentioned earlier that if someone like Danny Ferry were to come in, they would clean house starting with coach.

How many conference finals and championship appearances before Pat Riley versus since he arrived? Its kind of hard to argue with results. As for the question, prime Juwan Howard signed the first 100 million dollar deal here before the league stepped in. Jimmy was a FA and chose Miami, a trade was facilitated for cap reasons. I dont know how you exclude him when Bosh and LeBron were acquired the same way. Other role players that were instrumental in our championships also signed in free agency. We just saw this team go to the finals with two rookies in the rotation. The “allergic to youth” thing is a such a weird argument especially considering the constant reminders from posters who wanted to trade all of them for Harden.
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#328 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:00 pm

We were on top for a while alright at the expense of draft picks.
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#329 » by NBADraft2003 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Lord help us if Danny freaking Ferry replaces Pat Riley, Chris Grant coming when we inevitably fire Danny.
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#330 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:16 pm

He was the VP of basketball operations for the Spurs and President of the Hawks when all that young talent started to make it's way there.

https://www.nba.com/hawks/staff/danny-ferry-bio-0
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 8,997

Post#331 » by Bourne85 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:33 pm

Jimmy talking crap now? Imo he’s the one that we don’t know which Jimmy is gonna show up. He’s shown the ability to score a couple 40 point games in the finals vs Lebron and AD but then in those same finals has games were he has 20 points 23 points and in a deciding game 6 he goes out and scores 12 points.

Same this season, some games aggressive and making shots getting to the basket, other games you see 14 points with 3 FTA.

Jimmy pointing fingers when he is the main guy that we have absolutely no clue if he is coming in tonight looking to score or is he gonna be passive Jimmy? FOH, if you don’t bring it every night then don’t point fingers at others. This is jimmys worst attribute, his running lip. It’s followed him on every team he’s been on.
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#332 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 pm

He hasn't been the only one

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3314347

I still remember Voshon Leonard & Mashburn saying a thing or two after departing.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,172

Post#333 » by AirP. » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Bourne85 wrote:Jimmy talking crap now? Imo he’s the one that we don’t know which Jimmy is gonna show up. He’s shown the ability to score a couple 40 point games in the finals vs Lebron and AD but then in those same finals has games were he has 20 points 23 points and in a deciding game 6 he goes out and scores 12 points.

Same this season, some games aggressive and making shots getting to the basket, other games you see 14 points with 3 FTA.

Jimmy pointing fingers when he is the main guy that we have absolutely no clue if he is coming in tonight looking to score or is he gonna be passive Jimmy? FOH, if you don’t bring it every night then don’t point fingers at others. This is jimmys worst attribute, his running lip. It’s followed him on every team he’s been on.

You may not have to deal with him much longer, he's only got one more year before he can decline his player option and leave. At this point why would he stay, the FO has done basically nothing on bringing in more talent and in fact let talent leave for cap space. If Miami offers him an extension this summer and he turns it down, it's quite possible Miami moves him this offseason(before losing him for nothing in a year) and you won't have a Butler issue anymore.

Each team Butler has left prioritized the younger players then winning, it's happening once again in Miami. Chicago decided to go with a youth movement, Towns pushed the Owner to do his own bidding, it's why they gave up a massive amount for his friend D-Lo and Philly prioritized Simmons over Butler until it came down to win or go home when B.Brown moved Simmons to the dunker's spot and gave Butler and Embiid control of the offense. Here in Miami they can't move the youth because of all it's potential.

I'm actually surprised he's not said anything like this earlier. Who cares, most the other players have many years to play, Butler only has a few more.

BTW, the person who taught him to go to the press... D.Wade. Butler followed his lead/had his back.
Read on Twitter

It was a little worse in Chicago, the young guys were dancing on the sidelines during a game while the team was trying to make the playoffs.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
SoFlaKingReal
Veteran
And1: 4,756

Post#334 » by SoFlaKingReal » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:22 pm

AirP. wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:Jimmy talking crap now? Imo he’s the one that we don’t know which Jimmy is gonna show up. He’s shown the ability to score a couple 40 point games in the finals vs Lebron and AD but then in those same finals has games were he has 20 points 23 points and in a deciding game 6 he goes out and scores 12 points.

You may not have to deal with him much longer, he's only got one more year before he can decline his player option and leave. At this point why would he stay, the FO has done basically nothing on bringing in more talent and in fact let talent leave for cap space. If Miami offers him an extension this summer and he turns it down, it's quite possible Miami moves him this offseason(before losing him for nothing in a year) and you won't have a Butler issue anymore.

Each team Butler has left prioritized the younger players then winning, it's happening once again in Miami. Chicago decided to go with a youth movement, Towns pushed the Owner to do his own bidding, it's why they gave up a massive amount for his friend D-Lo and Philly prioritized Simmons over Butler until it came down to win or go home when B.Brown moved Simmons to the dunker's spot and gave Butler and Embiid control of the offense. Here in Miami they can't move the youth because of all it's potential.

I'm actually surprised he's not said anything like this earlier. Who cares, most the other players have many years to play, Butler only has a few more.

BTW, the person who taught him to go to the press... D.Wade. Butler followed his lead/had his back.
Read on Twitter

It was a little worse in Chicago, the young guys were dancing on the sidelines during a game while the team was trying to make the playoffs.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Maybe you can follow Jimmy to his next team's RealGM forum lolol

We all know from your endless repetitive posts that you are wearing thin on the Heat. I think its time you moved on. For your own insanity.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 8,997

Post#335 » by Bourne85 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:33 pm

AirP. wrote:

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I hope your right. I wanted him moved this season actually, knowing we have Zero chance at a title and his trade value is all time high. Could’ve gotten a Hardenesque haul of picks. But, like usual Riley refuses to work through the draft and keeps going after any name he can get, the older the better. Hoping for one last miracle.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#336 » by AirP. » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:05 pm

SoFlaKingReal wrote:
Maybe you can follow Jimmy to his next team's RealGM forum lolol

We all know from your endless repetitive posts that you are wearing thin on the Heat. I think its time you moved on. For your own insanity.

Cool, another representative for everyone, didn't know there were two.

Maybe I'll follow Jimmy? Why would I stay on this board at that point, without Butler there's very not much interesting about this team.
radikalBaller
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,324

Post#337 » by radikalBaller » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:09 pm

I disagree, Jimmy is prob our consistent player playing with grit and a purpose. Others are just happy to fill in I guess, and Spo put so much pressure on Jimmy and Bam with non defenders missing their shots, and no big to help Bam battle in the paint.

I have never seen any Heat team getting repeatingly beat to a pulp like this before...

I am concerned and disapointed they wouldn't bring help for JB at the expense of Herro, Robinson, Okpala, Precious

This team has a 2 years window with Jimbo leading...
AirP.
RealGM

Post#338 » by AirP. » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:12 pm

Bourne85 wrote:I hope your right. I wanted him moved this season actually, knowing we have Zero chance at a title and his trade value is all time high. Could’ve gotten a Hardenesque haul of picks. But, like usual Riley refuses to work through the draft and keeps going after any name he can get, the older the better. Hoping for one last miracle.

Miami can still get a decent haul for Butler. What does sting is that Miami can't reap any benefits of being bad or tanking, not having this year's pick, Houston owning swapping rights next year(which they'll swap either the Milwaulkee or Brooklyn pick with Miami's) but the 2023 pick that OKC owns has protections up to 14 on it for consecutive years so that'll help. Hopefully Oladipo comes back and can be near his old self and give Miami a good player to pair up with Bam.
Heat_team02
RealGM

Post#339 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:10 pm

JLop wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:
carnageta wrote:Let’s face it guys. Herro is turning into Kyle Kuzma.

The rookie season was the highlight of their careers.

Also Katya..

But she is so delicious. Oof

So the focus/energy is elsewhere it seems.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#340 » by JLop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:17 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:
JLop wrote:
Dr_Heat wrote:
But she is so delicious. Oof

So the focus/energy is elsewhere it seems.

It seems that having such a beautiful girlfriend and all that fame at his tender age has been overwhelming for Tyler.

Return to Miami Heat