Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION] 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:20 pm

Other thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#2 » by jschligs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:01 pm

Second dose of Moderna yesterday. Having a rough go today. Chills, lethargy and a blinding headache. Almost if I had drank a liter or Karkov yesterday.

Thankfully I’m off today.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,660

Post#3 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:08 pm

jschligs wrote:Second dose of Moderna yesterday. Having a rough go today. Chills, lethargy and a blinding headache. Almost if I had drank a liter or Karkov yesterday.

Second of Pfizer yesterday. Yesterday was great, and arm still feels pretty ok - more like a normal shot reaction, as opposed to 'oh my god please cut it off'. Been trying to keep it moving frequently.

But I didn't sleep past 2am. I have zero energy and it feel like I got hit by a dump truck.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:27 pm

Hang in there guys, you'll be fine in a day and it's well worth it.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#5 » by sidney lanier » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:45 pm

Interesting article in today's New York Times about a scam perpetrated on Jason Kidd's ex-wife, Joumana.

As it turned out, Ms. Kidd’s purchases weren’t the problem.

The real expense, federal prosecutors say, was Ms. Hutsona, who is charged with siphoning funds from Ms. Kidd’s accounts, including her children’s college savings accounts, and using the money “for personal expenses, such as mobile phones, restaurants and nightclubs, luxury hotels, and jewelry.”

Ms. Kidd and her financial adviser discovered $307,498.02 missing from her accounts — and newly opened credit cards in Ms. Kidd’s name.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/style/serial-con-artist-tracii-hutsona.html?smid=url-share
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
JoeyMorgan619
Rookie
And1: 1,767

Post#6 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:51 pm

jschligs wrote:Second dose of Moderna yesterday. Having a rough go today. Chills, lethargy and a blinding headache. Almost if I had drank a liter or Karkov yesterday.

Assuming nothing from the first dose? I got my first dose of Moderna last week and I felt pretty bad the next day and then the day after I was back at 100%. Hopefully this means the second dose won't have any effect on me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm

JoeyMorgan619 wrote:

Assuming nothing from the first dose? I got my first dose of Moderna last week and I felt pretty bad the next day and then the day after I was back at 100%. Hopefully this means the second dose won't have any effect on me.

Side effects are more common after the second one.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#8 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Pfizer- Nothing after first dose except minor sore arm
Second dose yesterday at 230 (so i go home and watch the bucks game as I 'recovered')
No issues until 1 am my kid wakes me up and I had to make a bottle. I suddenly got very queezy and hot. I took a normal poop and was immediately fine. I just really hope this isn't a long-term side effect where I start sweating profusely every time I need to use the bathroom.

Fine today except a slightly sorer arm.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#9 » by WRau1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:57 pm

I feel good today after getting my 2nd Pfizer on Tuesday. Was feeling dead armed Tuesday evening and Wednesday w/mild cold symptoms but I'm all good today.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,112

Post#10 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Pfizer

Shot 1 - sore arm - worked the next day with no issues
Shot 2 - sore arm - worked the next day with no issues

Celebrated my two-weeks-from-dose#2 anniversary by buying Brewers tickets and tickets to a comedy show at The Riverside.

Felt good.

Love getting the emails from The Pabst Theater Group and The Rave about upcoming shows.

We're so close. Hopefully the you-know-whos don't f**k this up for everyone.

Its really simple. Get vaccinated.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#11 » by jute2003 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:14 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Pfizer- Nothing after first dose except minor sore arm
Second dose yesterday at 230 (so i go home and watch the bucks game as I 'recovered')
No issues until 1 am my kid wakes me up and I had to make a bottle. I suddenly got very queezy and hot. I took a normal poop and was immediately fine. I just really hope this isn't a long-term side effect where I start sweating profusely every time I need to use the bathroom.

I laughed at the sweatty poops. I'm sorry.
only a fan, only an opinion
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 980

Post#12 » by Ryan5UW » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:28 am

jute2003 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Pfizer- Nothing after first dose except minor sore arm

I laughed at the sweatty poops. I'm sorry.

Yobogoya!
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,660

Post#13 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:26 pm

Feeling better so far today, now two days post-second dose. I had truly the worst headache of my life yesterday. I could feel my heartbeat in my head - could feel it pounding on the side of my head near my temples, and behind my eyes. I was well hydrated, tried caffeine, Advil (within reason, know you're not supposed to hinder your body's reaction) - nothing worked. Just had to let it pass. When lying down, it would calm after about 30 minutes or so, but as soon as I got up for anything it came swiftly back. I truly could not see straight and at one point (purposefully) went to the ground as I was worried I was about to faint.

So you know, hoping I stay on the right track today now and didn't jinx myself :D
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 980

Post#14 » by Ryan5UW » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:33 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Feeling better so far today, now two days post-second dose. I had truly the worst headache of my life yesterday. I could feel my heartbeat in my head - could feel it pounding on the side of my head near my temples, and behind my eyes. I was well hydrated, tried caffeine, Advil (within reason, know you're not supposed to hinder your body's reaction) - nothing worked. Just had to let it pass. When lying down, it would calm after about 30 minutes or so, but as soon as I got up for anything it came swiftly back. I truly could not see straight and at one point (purposefully) went to the ground as I was worried I was about to faint.

So you know, hoping I stay on the right track today now and didn't jinx myself :D

So this is what I have to look forward to for Cinco de Mayo this year? Oh well... usually it's tequila, so at least it'll feel familiar.

Hang in there, hope today is still going well!
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#15 » by buckbeer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:33 pm

My vaccination appointment is very soon and I'm given a choice of Pfizer or Moderna. Which one should I choose? can anyone advise, thanks.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:41 pm

buckbeer wrote:My vaccination appointment is very soon and I'm given a choice of Pfizer or Moderna. Which one should I choose? can anyone advise, thanks.

Maybe things have changed now with more supply but I don't know of any place that gives you a choice, you take what they have on that particular day.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,977

Post#17 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:48 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
buckbeer wrote:My vaccination appointment is very soon and I'm given a choice of Pfizer or Moderna. Which one should I choose? can anyone advise, thanks.

Maybe things have changed now with more supply but I don't know of any place that gives you a choice, you take what they have on that particular day.

Yea, that was actually kinda startling when I got mine. I showed up, and they told me I was getting the J&J shot, and that was that. I was cool with it of course, but it was kinda weird.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#18 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:01 pm

Fyi- wisconsin center has tons of walk up availability and has free parking. Total time is probably 25 minutes with 5 of it walking through the maze and 15 waiting around after your shot to make sure there isn't an allergic reaction.

I know some are hestitant, but for the love of God get the shot if for no other reason it will bring us one step closer to full capacity for the playoffs. That's all I really care about. Make it happen. We are at 36% coverage according to Bloomberg. Probably could get up to 60% by mid-june and be close to herd immunity.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#19 » by buckbeer » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:02 am

MickeyDavis wrote:

Here in Singapore, the govt let the people choose which one they want (Pfizer or Moderna). I can't decide between the two, so now I decide to let my wife choose the vaccine for me instead, I will be taking what she is taking.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,406

Post#20 » by ABucksFan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:58 pm

European Super League, what a money grab FFS.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks