ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Kings @ Mavs (Sunday, 7:30PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Re: RS 20/21 - Kings @ Mavs (Sunday, 7:30PM EST) 

Post#101 » by fuller4379 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:55 pm

KP was awful last night. The Mavs can't win when KP can't score in double figures. Good thing that DFS showed up of the Mavs would have lost by 30.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#102 » by fuller4379 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:59 pm

Bob8 wrote:I don't believe different coach could do much more. Problem is in roster. Mavs gave away Barnes and Seth for nothing. Majority of playoffs teams have got better, Mavs have worse roster than before.

Barnes might have been overpaid, but giving him away for cap space was a big mistake because no one wants to play in Dallas. I would love to have his 15 points, 6 rebounds, and steady defense right now.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#103 » by arkuo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:34 pm

fuller4379 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:I don't believe different coach could do much more. Problem is in roster. Mavs gave away Barnes and Seth for nothing. Majority of playoffs teams have got better, Mavs have worse roster than before.

Barnes might have been overpaid, but giving him away for cap space was a big mistake because no one wants to play in Dallas. I would love to have his 15 points, 6 rebounds, and steady defense right now.

Yeah. That Barnes for Justin Jackson + cap space didnt work out as planned. They didnt sign anyone with the cap space they got from that.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#104 » by XTraderXL » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:47 pm

Dont worry guys. FAs cant wait to come to Dallas. At least thats what Cuban wants you to believe.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#105 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:02 pm

arkuo wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:

Yeah. That Barnes for Justin Jackson + cap space didnt work out as planned. They didnt sign anyone with the cap space they got from that.

Basically nothing worked in last 2 years. Barnes, Delon, Richardson...wrong rookies, and even last Redick trade looks like total fail.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#106 » by arkuo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:

Basically nothing worked in last 2 years. Barnes, Delon, Richardson...wrong rookies, and even last Redick trade looks like total fail.

That's interesting too. I've just been thinking rhetorically. Without Carlisle cracking the whip everytime, would Rondo have worked? Would Nerlens Noel worked harder? Would Dennis Smith Jr panned out better?

We've known Carlisle to be a "my way or the highway" coach who even puts blinders on a 39 year old Jason Kidd on offense. I wonder how the offense would be if Luka had a more free flowing coach like Rick Adelman was to James Harden. I dont know.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#107 » by ejs78 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:15 pm

Aldeman has never coached Harden
arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:

That's interesting too. I've just been thinking rhetorically. Without Carlisle cracking the whip everytime, would Rondo have worked? Would Nerlens Noel worked harder? Would Dennis Smith Jr panned out better?

We've known Carlisle to be a "my way or the highway" coach who even puts blinders on a 39 year old Jason Kidd on offense. I wonder how the offense would be if Luka had a more free flowing coach like Rick Adelman was to James Harden. I dont know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
General Manager

Post#108 » by arkuo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:17 pm

ejs78 wrote:Aldeman has never coached Harden
arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Sorry. I had Mike D'Antoni in mind. Mix up.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,032

Post#109 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:20 pm

arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

The situation I would have liked is if Boston kept floundering, we essentially swap coaches. Not like a trade, but fire and hire, Carlisle goes to Boston where he has ties, Dallas gets a coach known to work well with young guys.

Again the main issue isnt Rick, its DOnnie Nelson's inability to build a team. He cant draft and his last 4-5 trades have been hardly either terrible or just barely worth mentioning. I dont blame him for the J Rich tarde, you do that 10 times out of 10, but giving up picks for KP was stupid, then not giving him a contract with injury clauses like Embiid had was asinine. The 2 Delon trades wasted picks, and Redick brings us nothing.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#110 » by arkuo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:31 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
arkuo wrote:

The situation I would have liked is if Boston kept floundering, we essentially swap coaches. Not like a trade, but fire and hire, Carlisle goes to Boston where he has ties, Dallas gets a coach known to work well with young guys.

Again the main issue isnt Rick, its DOnnie Nelson's inability to build a team. He cant draft and his last 4-5 trades have been hardly either terrible or just barely worth mentioning. I dont blame him for the J Rich tarde, you do that 10 times out of 10, but giving up picks for KP was stupid, then not giving him a contract with injury clauses like Embiid had was asinine. The 2 Delon trades wasted picks, and Redick brings us nothing.

It goes back to ownership. Cuban needs a yes man to pump up his ego. If he hired someone like Daryl Morey who has his own style on building a team, I'd like to believe he'd clash with Cuban vetoing moves every now and then because he thinks every trade is an episode of Shark Tank and he's the only guy in the room with brains.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#111 » by ejs78 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Agree order of blame should start with Nelson, then Cuban, and lastly RC.
daoneandonly wrote:
arkuo wrote:

BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#112 » by BlueSan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:36 pm

arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Thibs is cracking the whip just fine with Noel lol
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#113 » by DrPampiloni » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Imagine missing Harrison Barnes
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,339

Post#114 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:03 pm

Rick Adelman was a brilliant offensive coach, his game would still work today, RC was a brilliant defensive coach, and brilliant coach in general, except his in game, and in series adjustments, I wonder if dirkforpres is right and the game has passed him, but look at the new hires in coaches, I wouldn't replace RC with any of them.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#115 » by DrPampiloni » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:58 am

arkuo wrote:

Nerlens Noel received a four year 70M$ offer from the mavericks the would have ran through this coming off-season. His agent and him both probably went temporarily insane and turned it down. He would have been great to have right now. But no point in blaming anybody on the Mavs organisation for this.
8David24
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#116 » by 8David24 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:29 am

Before the season started, I was hoping Dallas would take a step forward. Sports bookmakers as pokerstars and bet365 share same opinion (luka MVP case for this year), as well as some experts. Well now we can see that this year’s NBA season is very bad for dallas. We nned too see some big changes after this season.

Return to Dallas Mavericks