ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 2

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2020-21, Part 2 

Post#61 » by djFan71 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:51 am

I wouldn't hate it if the Hawks lost one.
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#62 » by themoneyteam2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 am

Must be nice to play the Nets with no Harden and 4 mins of KD after he had 8 pts on 100% shooting lol. Needing a buzzer beater to win vs that JV Nets team at home is laughable.

Sucks they weren’t healthy cause MIA would’ve been 3 games back and they have a pretty easy remaining schedule
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#63 » by themoneyteam2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:42 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:The Knicks can't seem to lose lol. They're right on our ass

Thibs is the COY and it ain't close IMO

Monty Williams will and probably should get it.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Post#64 » by Saint Lazarus » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:33 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:The Knicks can't seem to lose lol. They're right on our ass

Thibs is the COY and it ain't close IMO

Monty Williams will and probably should get it.

Knicks are putting up banners for being a 6th seed :lol:

Suns have the 1st seed and would rightfully deserve the COTY
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Boss66
Sophomore
And1: 143

Post#65 » by Boss66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 pm

Gotta love Stan Van Gundy -

Van Gundy gave specific instructions to his team in the timeout before Rose’s drive to foul — give up two free throws, just don’t let New York take a three. Not only did Eric Bledsoe and the other Pelicans not foul Rose, but also Lonzo Ball left Bullock in the corner to help on Rose’s drive to the rim — a Rose layup would have had the Pelicans still up by one, but Bullock’s three forced OT. It was a series of errors, and after the game Van Gundy was not forgiving.

“Today is simple. Nobody had to make a play. Nobody had to make a play, make a shot, make a pass. You didn’t have to do anything. You just had to do what the hell you were supposed to do. High school guys could’ve executed down the stretch. With 7.8 seconds, high school guys could’ve done what they’re supposed to do.”
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,605

Post#66 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Lonzo pulled a high bbiq move helping the Pels secure a top 10 pick.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#67 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:13 pm

Boss66 wrote:Gotta love Stan Van Gundy -

Van Gundy gave specific instructions to his team in the timeout before Rose’s drive to foul — give up two free throws, just don’t let New York take a three. Not only did Eric Bledsoe and the other Pelicans not foul Rose, but also Lonzo Ball left Bullock in the corner to help on Rose’s drive to the rim — a Rose layup would have had the Pelicans still up by one, but Bullock’s three forced OT. It was a series of errors, and after the game Van Gundy was not forgiving.

“Today is simple. Nobody had to make a play. Nobody had to make a play, make a shot, make a pass. You didn’t have to do anything. You just had to do what the hell you were supposed to do. High school guys could’ve executed down the stretch. With 7.8 seconds, high school guys could’ve done what they’re supposed to do.”

Sounds like a coaching issue to me.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Boss66
Sophomore
And1: 143

Post#68 » by Boss66 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:29 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
Boss66 wrote:Gotta love Stan Van Gundy -

Sounds like a coaching issue to me.

Sounds more like a player issue to me - https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/04/19/pelicans-eric-bledsoe-on-not-fouling-knicks-i-wasnt-paying-attention/
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:44 pm

SVG is a really easy guy to tune out, I think he was a terrible coaching signing, but nothing the Pelicans do makes any sense really.

Pretty great quote from Bledsoe, though lmao
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#70 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:46 pm

Would Zion sign a FA deal in Boston? It can't possibly be worse to live in Boston than in New Orleans.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:10 pm

Zion isn't a FA until 2023. When is the last time a max-contract guy didn't just re-sign with the team that drafted him? You give up way too much money to consider signing elsewhere. Maybe you can trade for Zion if he truly forces himself out like Porzingis did, but I can't imagine what that will cost if he is healthy. I'd much rather live in New Orleans if I were a 23 year old guy about to be worth a couple hundred million.

I feel like the most likely scenario is that he re-ups with New Orleans and plays there on the new rookie-max extension for at least a couple years before he has enough leverage to force himself out, assuming he truly wants to leave like all the rumors about him loving the Knicks suggest.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#72 » by BK_2020 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:17 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Zion isn't a FA until 2023. When is the last time a max-contract guy didn't just re-sign with the team that drafted him? You give up way too much money to consider signing elsewhere. Maybe you can trade for Zion if he truly forces himself out like Porzingis did, but I can't imagine what that will cost if he is healthy. I'd much rather live in New Orleans if I were a 23 year old guy about to be worth a couple hundred million.

I feel like the most likely scenario is that he re-ups with New Orleans and plays there on the new rookie-max extension for at least a couple years before he has enough leverage to force himself out, assuming he truly wants to leave like all the rumors about him loving the Knicks suggest.

I'm willing to wait until 2027 for Zion to finish 4 years of his first extension. By that time he'd have matured a bit and will be thinking about living closer to Philips-Andover and Harvard for his children's education.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,693

Post#73 » by Bar Fight » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:08 am

Steph Curry is doing some legendary things right now
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#74 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:59 am

Curry is insane. I've run out of words so I'm recycling them now. He's entered "God mode".

and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#75 » by AKFO » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:48 am

Even as the shooting in this league figures to get better and better every year, there is just no way there'll ever be a better shooter than Steph
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,846

Post#76 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:37 am

There may have been a chemistry/locker room politics component to the decision to let Rozier go, but just from a talent/development/timeline/durability/finances standpoint, choosing Kemba over Rozier is looking like a blunder.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,429

Post#77 » by Fierce1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:47 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:There may have been a chemistry/locker room politics component to the decision to let Rozier go, but just from a talent/development/timeline/durability/finances standpoint, choosing Kemba over Rozier is looking like a blunder.

Rozier just said some things that weren't appropriate, to say the least.

But yeah, I would prefer Rozier over Kemba right now.

Having said that, there's still a chance Kemba will redeem himself in the playoffs.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#78 » by djFan71 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:54 am

Fierce1 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:There may have been a chemistry/locker room politics component to the decision to let Rozier go, but just from a talent/development/timeline/durability/finances standpoint, choosing Kemba over Rozier is looking like a blunder.

Having said that, there's still a chance Kemba will redeem himself in the playoffs.

Yeah, his mouth ran him out of town. Ironically at the worst time. The whole point of keeping him that year was as insurance in case Kyrie bolted. But keeping him as Kyrie's backup caused all the issues that made it hard to bring him back after Kyrie left. Oy.

I had some Rozier Island properties available at the time, but his interviews made it really hard to rent them. I eventually just wanted to let him go and hand the keys to Smart with Hayward as secondary playmaker and bring in a Cory Joseph type vet for 3rd string. Though, I honestly didn't think Terry would blossom quite as much as he has. And, he may not have with a lesser role here.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Post#79 » by exculpatory » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:54 am

Fierce1 wrote:

What did he say?
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,429

Post#80 » by Fierce1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:21 am

exculpatory wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

What did he say?

He said he might have to go if Boston doesn't make roster changes.

That really didn't sit well with the Celtic front office.

Return to Boston Celtics