ImageImageImageImageImage

James Harden is a crushingly, amazing bball player (I cannot believe how wrong I was)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: James Harden is a crushingly, amazing bball player (I cannot believe how wrong I was) 

Post#81 » by GTR11 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Here we go with this bs again. Can bball gods fall back already, duh hell we did to deserve this? We suffered enough for **** sake.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Re: James Harden is a crushingly, amazing bball player (I cannot believe how wrong I was) 

Post#82 » by Openheimer » Thu Apr 8, 2021 2:56 am

Grade 1 is the worst. We might be looking at 5 weeks
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#83 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:08 pm

Openheimer wrote:Grade 1 is the worst. We might be looking at 5 weeks

WebMD disagrees with you, grade 1 is the mildest type of strain.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/understanding-sprains-strains%23:~:text%3DGrade%2520I%2520is%2520stretching%2520of,completely%2520torn%2520or%2520ruptured%2520ligament.&ved=2ahUKEwiSuPzjze7vAhXSB80KHaa5CU0QFjABegQIAxAF&usg=AOvVaw2nahV_JlOTgV8jP9f989bY

If it's 5 weeks to get James fully fit, so be it. But this is far from the worst diagnosis.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#84 » by Suwanee » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:10 pm

Like the poster HardenGoat said, "he missed 2 weeks in 2017 for a grade 2 and in 2018 he had a grade 1 missing a week." Considering he's also older now, I'd say we're looking at 2-3 weeks.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#85 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:16 pm

There is 0 reason to bring him back other then 2-3 tune up games prior to the playoffs. Kyrie/KD will carry us. rest up james.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#86 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 8:10 pm

Suwanee wrote:Like the poster HardenGoat said, "he missed 2 weeks in 2017 for a grade 2 and in 2018 he had a grade 1 missing a week." Considering he's also older now, I'd say we're looking at 2-3 weeks.

Given that the team stated that he'll be re-evaluated in 10 days, best case scenario is probably 2.5 weeks. If the 10 day re-evaluation is clear, they'll make him slowly work on increasing load before clearing him for a game. The Celtics game is probably the best case scenario. If not that game, it's probably the road trip that starts in Milwaukee.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,877

Post#88 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:52 am

Just saw this

Read on Twitter

So unbelievably frustrating. Who knows when we get Harden back now?

We will run Kyrie into the ground by playing him so much. And who knows when KD comes back.

This team is not good enough with only Kyrie.
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#89 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:56 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Just saw this

Read on Twitter

So unbelievably frustrating. Who knows when we get Harden back now?

We will run Kyrie into the ground by playing him so much. And who knows when KD comes back.

This team is not good enough with only Kyrie.

Finally something approaching good news.

KD had his scan and it was the least severe of the thigh contusions the doctor explained. If you watched that video he explained the most severe, in-between, and the least severe, and the amount of rehab time normally associated with all three. Turns out KD's was the least severe and he figures to only miss the next game or two.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#90 » by Papi_swav » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:00 am

Does anybody have a time frame on the updated Harden injury? I pray he comes back before playoffs
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,877

Post#91 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:06 am

Papi_swav wrote:Does anybody have a time frame on the updated Harden injury? I pray he comes back before playoffs

They just said he was out indefinitely.

Nash said he could be out till the playoffs.

Hamstring injuries are no joke. I will be surprised if we see Harden more than few games before the playoffs.

Wouldn't shock me if he wasn't ready until the 2nd round.

This just so bad for our chemistry. We have not played a single games with the Big 3 and Claxton this year.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#92 » by Papi_swav » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:20 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Does anybody have a time frame on the updated Harden injury? I pray he comes back before playoffs

Hamstring injuries are no joke. I will be surprised if we see Harden more than few games before the playoffs.

This just so bad for our chemistry. We have not played a single games with the Big 3 and Claxton this year.

yea this does suck and it happened at one of the worst times. Kyrie and KD should at least be able to carry us to the 2nd round. I just hope they stay healthy too
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#93 » by Whiskey Slick » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:24 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Hamstring injuries are no joke.

I will be surprised if we see Harden more than few games before the playoffs.

Nash didn't completely rule it out. He said, and I'm paraphrasing him here, that Harden may not make it back until the playoffs or perhaps a few games prior. It still sucks, but at least he left the door open a crack for Harden's return being slightly earlier than the playoffs, which would be awesome because he's such a great player with so much veteran savvy that it would only take him a few games to get back into a rhythm.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#94 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:26 am

Anytime there is a setback with a hamstring i always assume a minimum 4-6 weeks before return. I see now way he is back before the playoffs. that would be coming back less then 4 weeks. my guess is he would miss at least the first round, maybe even into the second round.

This setback is terrible news. We need harden bad if we want to win a title.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#95 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:29 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I think despite the short time together we have the league best chemistry. its elite. these guys have known eachother forever, have insane BBIQ and have played together a ton in the olympics, pro-ams, offseason, etc. We saw Kyrie/Harden look like they played together for 20 years. big 3 in the 7 games was the best offense all time. role guys getting time now, they all stay in their role.

i think chemistry is our #1 strength along with shooting
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#96 » by Suwanee » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:15 pm

Whenever his return date is, he better be 120% healed up before playing. Can't afford any setback during the playoffs.
Nuthin But Net
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#97 » by Nuthin But Net » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:00 am

Always knew Harden could do this.
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#98 » by Openheimer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:15 pm

Unpopular opinion but I command and applaud the Nets for not playing him and letting him heal for the next three weeks.

Soft tissue injuries for a man of his let’s call it “ hefty size” and age is nothing to be cavalier about. Especially that he already has re- tweaked it.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#99 » by Prokorov » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:27 pm

Openheimer wrote:Unpopular opinion but I command and applaud the Nets for not playing him and letting him heal for the next three weeks.

Soft tissue injuries for a man of his let’s call it “ hefty size” and age is nothing to be cavalier about. Especially that he already has re- tweaked it.

Its 110% the right move. We are at the stage now where there are so few games back that a setback could cost him the season + playoffs. John wall just had his season ended for a hamstring injury yestarday
BrooklynDynasty
Pro Prospect
And1: 688

Post#100 » by BrooklynDynasty » Sat May 1, 2021 3:04 pm

So this dude really isn't going to come back at all possibly? Come on
SNPA wrote:I know what I’m watching. It requires no more time. I have plenty of context with which to evaluate where VW stands as a prospect, rookie and future GOAT candidate

Return to Brooklyn Nets