ImageImageImageImageImage

Race for 7th Worst Record!! - We Did It!!!!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Race for 7th Worst Record!! - We Did It!!!!! 

Post#1 » by WeThe2019Champs » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:16 am

No More Tanking!
Preliudas
Senior
And1: 457

Re: Play In Race!! 

Post#2 » by Preliudas » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:22 am

I hope that out of 14 games left Raptors will win 3-4 games and not more lol
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Post#3 » by Zeno » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:34 am

What record makes the play-in in the east? I think 33-39 is likely the 10th spot. So they should be safe with 8 or less victories. That’s my guess. Those two sets of 3 games in 4 nights are the key in my opinion. In the end they’re probably a 8th-10th pick.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
MainEvent
Veteran
And1: 2,323

Post#4 » by MainEvent » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:37 am

I hate this play in thing, a bunch of teams way under .500 battling lol it's depressing every time I see it on sports shows or hear the announcers mention it
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,843

Post#5 » by JShuttlesworth » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:40 am

Zeno wrote:What record makes the play-in in the east? I think 33-39 is likely the 10th spot. So they should be safe with 8 or less victories. That’s my guess. Those two sets of 3 games in 4 nights are the key in my opinion. In the end they’re probably a 8th-10th pick.

FiveThirtyEight has us finishing tied for 10th with Washington at 31-41.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#6 » by pingpongrac » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:11 am

This is why the results of our remaining schedule aren't quite as easy to predict as it might seem. A good chunk of our games against tougher competition are on the 2nd night of a B2B and the 3rd game in 4 nights for our opponents (Utah is the only exception). On the other hand, 5 of our last 6 games will be against teams fighting for their playoff lives (either to move up to 6th or 9th/10th) and it's likely that we continue to rest players for various reasons most games. We could reel off 9 or 10 wins in the last 14 games and find ourselves in the play-in games, but we could just as easily go 4-10...which still probably places us ahead of Minnesota, Houston, Detroit, Orlando, OKC, Cleveland and Sacramento.
dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

Post#7 » by dgr81 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:24 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:
Zeno wrote:What record makes the play-in in the east? I think 33-39 is likely the 10th spot. So they should be safe with 8 or less victories. That’s my guess. Those two sets of 3 games in 4 nights are the key in my opinion. In the end they’re probably a 8th-10th pick.

i can't see the raps going 7-7 over the stretch, especially with players "resting."

raps will be lucky to win 3-4 games.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#8 » by Inevitable » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:28 am

How far we’ve fallen, from EC kings to play in hopefuls.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,759

Post#9 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:34 am

I think they’ll make the play-in game and get embarrassed and blown out.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,639

Post#10 » by C_Money » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:39 am

I say we stop sitting perfectly healthy players and lets make a run for it. Our pick is going to suck anyways. We can’t out-tank these loser franchises that are always at the bottom.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#11 » by metafisical » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:06 am

I hope we go 0-14. Need to aim for as many losses as possible. Draft a guaranteed superstar and go back to contention next season.
Trust me. It is 100% likely we will draft a GOAT in this draft. A hybrid MJ-Lebron.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#12 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:17 am

Preliudas wrote:I hope that out of 14 games left Raptors will win 3-4 games and not more lol

That might still be good enough for the play-in given how bad the teams around us are (and they're actually trying to make it in...).

Cuban is right that the play-in was a dumb idea.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#13 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:18 am

C_Money wrote:I say we stop sitting perfectly healthy players and lets make a run for it. Our pick is going to suck anyways. We can’t out-tank these loser franchises that are always at the bottom.

I'll take any lottery odds over no lottery odds.
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,790

Post#14 » by Michael Jordan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:28 am

This team has been running around in circles tanking all season

everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#15 » by everdiso » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:22 am

Even with all the weirdness this year, the raps are a comfortable 7th place in both +/- and net rating (both +0.7), with the 8th placed team being solidly negative in both categories.

These Raps are clearly a playoffs team, and really should be competing for home court right now, all things being equal.

If they stop sitting guys every game, they'll make the play-ins comfortably imo. They could even make a run at 8th or 7th, given the injuries to some of the teams we're chasing.

The question is does it really even matter which of the 7-10 slots they finish in? I don't really think so. I don't see any clear advantage in any of those slots.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#16 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:29 am

Hoping we don’t have a remote chance for the play in. Looking forward to a lottery pick.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,993

Post#17 » by Coco Costanza » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:58 am

C_Money wrote:I say we stop sitting perfectly healthy players and lets make a run for it. Our pick is going to suck anyways.

I hate to keep using lottery simulators as proof we should tank, but I keep running tankathon, and I keep getting the Raptors a top five pick. I just got the second pick on my first attempt. 2nd pick could get us a big man like Evan Mobley. We would then be going into next season with Mobley, Trent, Siakam, OG, Fred and Flynn. That's a pretty exciting young team to look forward to next season, and much more preferable than maybe getting to the next round of the playoffs, at best.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#18 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:11 am

If we get 7-10 and still get subjected to Bubble ball I guess nobody can really complain except fans who are watching a league where teams with less than 500 records routinely make the playoffs putting the regular season effort further into question when comparing to other leagues. So I really hope they do not make the Bubble-in on principle and we can put virus ball officially behind us.

Enough of closing borders but not airports. Or, making the proven mistake of isolating people outside when number of infection are out of control but not closing crowded indoor spaces like warehouses.

So Raps are in Florida because of Federal and international law and Ontarians are thrown to the wolves because of provincial decree and dubious inconsistent actions. There needs to be a reckoning how provincial isms and jurisdiction can hijack x 10 an international health war with so many different sets of feeble regional goal posts. I said before Tampa got chosen they could have played in Fort Erie and ferried teams across the river and keep our team at home. As poor luck and planning would have it the physical border for cars and U.S. flights proved to be for not when Ontario dropped the ball and tried to just open up against health recommendations. Provinces are suppose to deliver health care services and in an international crisis we now know they were given a wider platform to manage the see-saw protocols wholly unprepared and wholly tied to special exemptions. Florida has proved in hindsight never necessary once certain provinces, through near criminal negligence, threw caution to the wind. Then unbelievably they tried to redirect blame to any other authority but themselves. Ontario has been played by underachieving morons in both their electorate and their field of not ready for prime time candidates.

Please bubble ball be gone.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#19 » by 720 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:02 pm

dgr81 wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:

i can't see the raps going 7-7 over the stretch, especially with players "resting."

raps will be lucky to win 3-4 games.

We’re not tanking. Masai added depth to this team for a late season push to get the privilege of getting **** ed by the nets/sixers.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#20 » by 720 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:04 pm

Coco Costanza wrote:
C_Money wrote:I say we stop sitting perfectly healthy players and lets make a run for it. Our pick is going to suck anyways.

I hate to keep using lottery simulators as proof we should tank, but I keep running tankathon, and I keep getting the Raptors a top five pick. I just got the second pick on my first attempt. 2nd pick could get us a big man like Evan Mobley. We would then be going into next season with Mobley, Trent, Siakam, OG, Fred and Flynn. That's a pretty exciting young team to look forward to next season, and much more preferable than maybe getting to the next round of the playoffs, at best.

Don’t bother explaining bro. lol if these guys can’t support a push for the draft this late in the season (with a team that’s 10 games under .500 and with only 14 games of losing to endure) then they will never learn. :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors