?s=1001
FK NFL
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Game 57: MEM @ LAC 

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:07 am

Melt got a shoutout on the Lowe podcast too. Glad he is getting some credit.

Also JJJ returning tonight has a ton of hype on twitter, but I hope fans aren't too disappointed if he is rusty and has some off games tonight and/or the next few weeks.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am

Ignoring the officiating, what the heck happened? I watched up until the 3min mark in the 2nd and went to bed since I had to be up early for work today. We looked great the 1st quarter and okayish for what I watched in the 2nd but then it looks like things went sideways after that.

PS for Whole Truth though it is now 18:
Read on Twitter
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#5 » by E S V L » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Officiating was hilarious even based on my standards which are quite high. It`s a waste of time to go into details on this. It`s like COVID **** - it is what it is.

Let`s focus on good things:

1. It`s not the first time when messy rotation hurts us. There were no stable squads for Jenkins.

2. JJJ is not in a good shape, but it looks like he will get on track sooner rather than later. It was nice to see him again. Still the same child who needs a few years to mature :)

3. Ja can shoot 3s on a high-volume basis. Still prefers to go left under the rim. He needs to develop mid-range shot and a right hand mechanic.

4. It is my impression that this team focuses on development first rather than on winning current games, which hurts my fan heart but sounds pleasant to my brain because it`s a very right approach.
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#6 » by Whole Truth » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:40 pm

VCfor3 wrote:Ignoring the officiating, what the heck happened? I watched up until the 3min mark in the 2nd and went to bed since I had to be up early for work today. We looked great the 1st quarter and okayish for what I watched in the 2nd but then it looks like things went sideways after that.

PS for Whole Truth though it is now 18:
Read on Twitter

Stopped watching after the first 3mins 2nd Q. Well, mid way through the 2ns Q Memphis were called for 8 PF's to none. I stopped watching halftime when Zubzc climbed Jaren's back & followed through "with clear intent" (watch the replay), on contact with 3J's head, with no call.. knew that was how the rest of the game would look like. Amazing how with 8 PF calls on Memphis, Cloppers didn't commit a foul 2nd Q, despite watching Zubac climb Jaren's back on a rebound & get away with a clear technical foul by the leagues apply only when wanted, rules... (ref subjectivity of applying rules) It irked me because I watched them takeaway a Bizz dunk bucket & eject him from a playoff game because he hit love leaning in on his shot motion, where here you can see Zubac clearly try to rake 3J's head with intent & receive no call in a regular season game but it's the Clippers on ESPN.

Memphis were playing free & open first Q, refs mucked up the rest of the game, took them out of their rhythm & altered momentum on the young team.

Long story short, I stopped watching half time as a result, woke up not surprisingly to Clippers scrubs minus PG, Kawhi & Ibaka getting to the line 36 times, LMFAO

Glad I didn't stay up to watch that rigged ****.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Whole Truth » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 pm

LMAO, I just clicked your link Vic, not surprised to say the least.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#8 » by E S V L » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Memphis were playing free & open first Q, refs mucked up the rest of the game, took them out of their rhythm & altered momentum on the young team.

That`s a very good description of what happened.

Whole Truth wrote:Glad I didn't stay up to watch that rigged ****.

Yeah. It literally stank.
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Whole Truth » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:59 pm

E S V L wrote:Officiating was hilarious even based on my standards which are quite high. It`s a waste of time to go into details on this. It`s like COVID **** - it is what it is.

Let`s focus on good things:

1. It`s not the first time when messy rotation hurts us. There were no stable squads for Jenkins.

2. JJJ is not in a good shape, but it looks like he will get on track sooner rather than later. It was nice to see him again. Still the same child who needs a few years to mature :)

3. Ja can shoot 3s on a high-volume basis. Still prefers to go left under the rim. He needs to develop mid-range shot and a right hand mechanic.

4. It is my impression that this team focuses on development first rather than on winning current games, which hurts my fan heart but sounds pleasant to my brain because it`s a very right approach.

The good thing about the league giving Memphis an unfair whistle on a regular basis, is they will learn to play & succeed without getting calls. Right now they allow a bad whistle to change how they play but they're the youngest team in the league & will eventually learn to play through it.

#1 in the league in paint points but bottom of the league in FT's. Says it all.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Whole Truth » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:04 pm

E S V L wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Memphis were playing free & open first Q, refs mucked up the rest of the game, took them out of their rhythm & altered momentum on the young team.

Unfortunately because of my OCD I know how they operate & control the games.

I watched the game replay this morning. The calls 2nd Q where Allen was getting called for trying to fight through screens, Clippers were getting away with 2nd half.

It's annoying to hear their broadcast crew talk about their D tightening up because I know that's not what happened to Memphis offense. Chicken or egg did the calls & or lack there of help the Clippers D after their first Q performance or was it their D that cause the game to get mucked up?.

I know it's the former but it's how you hide in plain site. It wasn't the 8-0 fouls 2nd Q. Clippers just decided after giving up 40pts first Q to start playing D LMFAO.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#11 » by E S V L » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Whole Truth wrote:#1 in the league in paint points but bottom of the league in FT's. Says it all.

This statement is powerful!

PS Embarrassingly powerful for NBA.
FK NFL
E S V L
Analyst

Post#12 » by E S V L » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
E S V L wrote:

Unfortunately because of my OCD I know how they operate & control the games.

I watched the game replay this morning. The calls 2nd Q where Allen was getting called for trying to fight through screens, Clippers were getting away with 2nd half.

It's annoying to hear their broadcast crew talk about their D tightening up because I know that's not what happened to Memphis offense. Chicken or egg did the calls & or lack there of help the Clippers D after their first Q performance or was it their D that cause the game to get mucked up?.

I know it's the former but it's how you hide in plain site. It wasn't the 8-0 fouls 2nd Q. Clippers just decided after giving up 40pts first Q to start playing D LMFAO.

Right. The positive side is that this kind of "help" might easily stab them in the back in PO games as they would think that things will go similarly easy all the time.
FK NFL
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Whole Truth » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Before I forget, there was some obvious game rust but seeing 3J back was a nice sight, welcome back..

That first Q is how Memphis would look like without referee interference, dangerous.

I mentioned it last game. Denver's broadcast crew said with the stats Memphis are putting up 1st in paint pts, 1st in steals, 1st in deflections, top 5 in assists etc.., they should be 10 games over 500. I'm going to ask, how many top rated teams are at the bottom of the league in FT's ?.

Repeat, #1 in the league in paint points with an efficient post big & drive first PG... bottom of the league in their aggression being rewarded.

Being so young, they let bad calls dictate how they inevitably play. They need to just keep executing.. you'll make them look bad if nothing else..

Return to Memphis Grizzlies