ImageImageImage

Heat @ Spurs 4/21 8:30 PM

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,844

Re: Heat @ Spurs 4/21 8:30 PM 

Post#281 » by Wiltside » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:24 am

IggieCC wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Last two games have been fun. I like watching basketball again

I will never understand the extreme small ball.

basketball is a game of possessions. if you can't grab defensive rebounds, you will lose 90% of the time

Given our record, you should change that to 50% of the time.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,629

Post#282 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:27 am

It’s just so beautiful watching Dedmon just sit in the paint and teams not being able to just drive at will. Size matters in this game Spo
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#283 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:31 am

Looking forward to Achuiwa inside the Heat
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#284 » by IggieCC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:33 am

Wiltside wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Last two games have been fun. I like watching basketball again

I will never understand the extreme small ball.

basketball is a game of possessions. if you can't grab defensive rebounds, you will lose 90% of the time

well you can be a smallball team and still grab lot of rebounds. you have an athletic big like Bam and if everyone can focus on box em out and you don't have to be killed out there. But it's very exhausting to play that way the entire time in the course of a long szn (esp. a condensed one like this) and having a player like Dedmon to give everyone some breathing room seems like a no brainer but ofc it nearly took 5 months to finally get one :crazy:
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#285 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:42 am

IggieCC wrote:
Wiltside wrote:
IggieCC wrote:I will never understand the extreme small ball.

well you can be a smallball team and still grab lot of rebounds. you have an athletic big like Bam and if everyone can focus on box em out and you don't have to be killed out there. But it's very exhausting to play that way the entire time in the course of a long szn (esp. a condensed one like this) and having a player like Dedmon to give everyone some breathing room seems like a no brainer but ofc it nearly took 5 months to finally get one :crazy:

We should also not be hesitating to sign the 6’11 Moe Wagner either. I don’t care if he’s not playoff eligible. We need to practice against size
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#286 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 am

Low energy GTs ftw
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#287 » by IggieCC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:47 am

HeatFanLifer wrote:Low energy GTs ftw

still far more energy than any of yo HeatFknLose GTs :x
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#288 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:48 am

IggieCC wrote:
HeatFanLifer wrote:Low energy GTs ftw

still far more energy than any of yo HeatFknLose GTs :x

It’s on par tbh. Not sure why mad. We won?
OP for NBA FT record
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#289 » by IggieCC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:59 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:Carta is right. He should be learning to play the front court like UD and relying on a mid range jumper. Maybe next year.

Yes, but I didn't mean he literally should be modeling himself after Dedmon. I meant more of a rookie-vet thing. Anyways, he definitely needs some summer league and G league time. He unfortunately didn't get it this year for obvious reasons. But he at least has some playing time under his belt. I see the talent and athleticism. He just needs to hone the skills, and build some more confidence. If he can get a consistent shot, this guy could be a quality player.

I want to see him dribbling the ball up and chucking shots up in summer league. Will be keeping close eye. This is a kid who said he wanted to model his game after K Leonard after he was drafted.

SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,021

Post#290 » by SerialChiller » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:30 am

Good to see us getting back on track lately..ive had a hard time watching heat games lately and have to catch highlights/check boxscores. Only saw last 10 min of 4th tonight. Really liking what ive seen heard from deadman...spo needs to rethink some things with his small ball bs.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#291 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:15 am

Didn't catch the game yet - what are your biggest takeaways?

Did Herro played as good as the stats indicate? How about KZ?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,116

Post#292 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:51 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:Didn't catch the game yet - what are your biggest takeaways?

Did Herro played as good as the stats indicate? How about KZ?

KZ was horrendous once again. He cant hit a shot and is a black hole when he gets the ball. He does have decent energy and activity, but that is all I see that he has going for him.

Herro was very good offensively, and looked like he got his groove in that fourth quarter. He was rolling.

Other takeaways, at least from me:

1. Spo has no plans whatsoever go with anything other than a wing at the PF spot, at all times. Precious/Bjelica will not play PF, and will continue to be out of the rotation.

2. Dedmon is a revelation for this team. He is a big man, who does big man things. We needed a big who actually could play his position.

3. Nunn continues to be an enigma. Excellent some games, disappears others. Huge role to a bystander. I have no idea what he will be worth this offseason.

All in all, this was one of our better all around performances of the season.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#293 » by Zasterror » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:11 pm

I don't appreciate how this fanbase has treated Tyler this season.

He is already catching hell from other fanbases just off the sheer fact that he is confident and marketable. But he is never disrespectful on and off the court, he is a noted gym rat, and likeable from teammates and coaches alike. It doesn't make sense that a lot of Heat fans turn their backs on him so easily because he has a sophomore slump. EVERY YOUNG PLAYER GOES THROUGH ROUGH PATCHES. Coupled with the fact that he hasn't had a legitimate off-season due to the quick turnaround of this season. We should be defending him and hoping he plays the way we know he can play, not putting him in the next trade machine. He doesn't even have a major contract like JJ, Hassan, TJ, Dion, etc did; he is still a 21 year old on his 2nd year of his rookie deal. Why such vitriol? These random ass reports of him being too focused on celebrity seems like a lot of BS to me to find a scapegoat of this team's inconsistency this season. EVERYONE NOT NAMED JIMMY AND BAM HAVE BEEN INCONSISTENT THIS SEASON.

Nunn is a good young player and Tyler is a good young player, why can't two things exist? THEY ARE ON THE SAME TEAM. They both had varying levels of good play and bad play this season. The fact of the matter is that when Herro is hitting shots, the team's ceiling skyrockets as evident in the ECF. I can't say the same about Nunn till he proves otherwise. Temper your expectations and be fair, patient, and realistic.

Return to Miami Heat