Re: The Home Stretch 

Post#21 » by TheNewEra » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Suns and Nuggets keep finding random ways to win late lol
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 959

Post#22 » by clipperlover » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:23 am

Have to give the Suns credit. They took out Milwaukee and Philly. However, the Sixers rested Simmons because they are playing a back to back with a match-up with the Bucks tonight. The Bucks game is probably a little more important to them.

Suns gaining confidence with these wins though. However, the Suns have Boston tonight on the back to back then they have the Nets and the super hot Knicks on a back to back.

2-3 on their road trip is still a possibility.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#23 » by clipperlover » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:45 am

madmaxmedia wrote:One thing I feel good about at this point is that win or lose, I don't think we're going to suffer the meltdowns we did against Denver last season. Like most teams we need to be healthy to go deep, but generally I like our mix of players and our rotations right now.

I can live with losing a close-fought series to a good team playing well, I won't be able to stomach losing a series we mentally/strategically underachieve to lose.

Actually,since the Pelicans game (after the All-Star break), the team has locked in much better defensively. They are head and shoulders better defensively than last season. Last year, we had 15 games where we gave up 120 or more points (5-10). We have done so 6 times this year (2-4). They are locking in against the top tier teams and relaxing vs lower tier teams.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,127

Post#24 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:41 am

clipperlover wrote:Have to give the Suns credit. They took out Milwaukee and Philly. However, the Sixers rested Simmons because they are playing a back to back with a match-up with the Bucks tonight. The Bucks game is probably a little more important to them.

Suns gaining confidence with these wins though. However, the Suns have Boston tonight on the back to back then they have the Nets and the super hot Knicks on a back to back.

Boston helped us out tonight, at least. Not a good loss for the Suns since the Celtics didn't even play that well and now they have that tough back-to-back coming up.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#25 » by clipperlover » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:58 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
clipperlover wrote:Have to give the Suns credit. They took out Milwaukee and Philly. However, the Sixers rested Simmons because they are playing a back to back with a match-up with the Bucks tonight. The Bucks game is probably a little more important to them.

Boston helped us out tonight, at least. Not a good loss for the Suns since the Celtics didn't even play that well and now they have that tough back-to-back coming up.

We are currently 1 game behind them in the standings now and control our own destiny with the tiebreaker over them. However, we are two back in the loss column, so we don't actually control our own destiny.
Mistwell
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#26 » by Mistwell » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:26 am

I think Lakers may slip a spot. We could end up meeting them in the first round, if we don't also move.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#27 » by RingColluder » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:37 am

Fine with the Lakers since LeBron and AD are both hobbled and barely coming back in time. Much prefer that to facing them in round 2 or 3 when they are clicking and healthier.

If we can't beat them then, we don't deserve to make it or do anything
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,419

Post#28 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:07 am

Well, the Suns lost again tonight--to Brooklyn. We are now tied with them for the two seed. We're down one in the loss column, but the game against them next week looks bigger and bigger. If we beat them, we're in the driver's seat for that playoff spot. 8-)
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#29 » by esqtvd » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:20 am

TrueLAfan wrote:Well, the Suns lost again tonight--to Brooklyn. We are now tied with them for the two seed. We're down one in the loss column, but the game against them next week looks bigger and bigger. If we beat them, we're in the driver's seat for that playoff spot. 8-)

The difference between #3 and the top 2 is huge--you get one of the play-in teams in the 1st round. Our fate is in our own hands now--I didn't think it would be but PHX has lost 3 of 5--at mostly full strength!
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
StreakyJ
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#30 » by StreakyJ » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:11 am

Atlanta's going EC finals. Starting to figure eachother out and peak at the right time. They will upset one of the big 3 (Phili/Mil/Brooklyn). Liked their look early on with Hunter/Reddish long and athletic on the wings ... haven't even heard those two names for a while and they beating solid teams without Tre in the lineup. Capela will be the playoff glue to keep them grounded while they put up numbers.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#31 » by esqtvd » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:13 am

StreakyJ wrote:Atlanta's going EC finals. Starting to figure eachother out and peak at the right time. They will upset one of the big 3 (Phili/Mil/Brooklyn). Liked their look early on with Hunter/Reddish long and athletic on the wings ... haven't even heard those two names for a while and they beating solid teams without Tre in the lineup. Capela will be the playoff glue to keep them grounded while they put up numbers.

Lou Williams will do more [and already has] for the Atlanta Hawks than Rajon Rondo will do for the Los Angeles Clippers.

Debate. :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#32 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:24 pm

StreakyJ wrote:Atlanta's going EC finals. Starting to figure eachother out and peak at the right time. They will upset one of the big 3 (Phili/Mil/Brooklyn). Liked their look early on with Hunter/Reddish long and athletic on the wings ... haven't even heard those two names for a while and they beating solid teams without Tre in the lineup. Capela will be the playoff glue to keep them grounded while they put up numbers.

I think they are more likely to lose in the first round than make the conference finals
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,796

Post#33 » by SK21209 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:40 pm

I don't think the team is going to care about passing the Suns for the 2 seed unless/until it looks like the Lakers will slip to the 6 seed. We're not beating the Suns tomorrow without Kawhi and at this point the presumption has to be against Kawhi playing tomorrow.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#34 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:36 am

At some point these "injured" guys have to start playing.

I'll let Beverley off the hook because he legitimately has a broken hand.

However, Kawhi and Ibaka have to start playing soon. You don't want to have to regain your rhythm and conditioning in a playoff series.

In addition, it would be nice to move up to the #2 seed- I think the match ups in the playoffs will likely be more favorable at the #2 spot
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#35 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:34 am

Mike Conley harmsting out.
Conley has aggravated the hamstring injury that put him on the shelf earlier this season, which obviously isn't good news for either he or the Jazz. With Donovan Mitchell (right ankle) also sidelined, Utah will have a second starting lineup spot to fill Wednesday night.

PHx, Crowder is questionable too.

If we won PHX and Denver this week, we might end up on number 1 seed by sunday.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#36 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:08 am

Looking at the Mavs schedule as compared with the Lakers, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs surpassed them and moved up to the 5 seed. So perhaps moving down to the 4 wouldn't be as problematic as some have thought. I know Doncic is a handful (as we witnessed last season in the playoffs), but I think I'd still rather play the Mavs than the Lakers in the first round.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:27 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Looking at the Mavs schedule as compared with the Lakers, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs surpassed them and moved up to the 5 seed. So perhaps moving down to the 4 wouldn't be as problematic as some have thought. I know Doncic is a handful (as we witnessed last season in the playoffs), but I think I'd still rather play the Mavs than the Lakers in the first round.

I think we need to focus on health & rhytym more than the seedings at this point. We played the most games in the NBA with one of if not the oldest core in a year schedule is condensed unnaturally. :o

Tonight i hold my breath on loose ball with Bridges&PG13 on the sideline and Cp3&Mann bowl. I don't need that :nonono:
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:28 am

wrong post
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:28 am

wrong post. Again :banghead:
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
StreakyJ
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#40 » by StreakyJ » Mon May 31, 2021 5:11 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

I think they are more likely to lose in the first round than make the conference finals

Sending you home with Spike next game.

Capela is the ideal center to battle Embid. Embid will get his perimeter points but he won't dominate the glass at Capela's expense. If Atlanta can limit Phili 2nd shots and Collins/Hunter can keep Tobias to around 15-20 ppg, Atlanta has a shot. I'd MUCH rather Reddish were back to throw another long defender at Simmons/Harris (Atlanta was killing it early in the season with that 3-n-D perimiter threat with Tre), we'll just have to see if Reddish returns. Maybe NY winning the next game is better for Reddish. Give them another 2-3 days and let Atlanta close it out at home in 6. Be another game for Hunter to get his legs also.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers