ImageImageImage

Game 59 : Philadelphia 76ers (39-19) @ Milwaukee Bucks (35-22) l Thursday l 7:00pm

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Re: Game 59 : Philadelphia 76ers (39-19) @ Milwaukee Bucks (35-22) l Thursday l 7:00pm 

Post#121 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:29 am

Zumramania wrote:It will be interesting to see what adjustments will we make for the next game...if we lose again, it will be our 4th loss in a row, I don't expect this to happen. Btw, I didn't watch the game, but how come G Hill who is supposed to be a point guard had zero assists?

Anyone that thinks coming into it G. Hill is a primary on ball guard will leave sorely disappointed. He’s an on off ball guard that can shoot really well. He’s never been a great facilitator. A mix of Korkmaz/Curry just better then both.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Re: Game 59 : Philadelphia 76ers (39-19) @ Milwaukee Bucks (35-22) l Thursday l 7:00pm 

Post#122 » by ankle420breaker » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:49 am

They used Portis and Lopez to stretch the floor and they made us pay all night (especially Portis who owned an undisciplined Dwight on three straight possessions after we cut the lead to 9).

Adding to that-- Connaughton was an x-factor and Middleton continued his flawless play against us. I swear this guy has never missed a shot against Philly.

I'd like to see them adjust on Saturday and have Joel, Ben, and Tisse take turns guarding Giannis without doubling. Suffocate his help and force him to beat us himself.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,531

Post#123 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Put Tobi on Brolo or Portis. Let D12 or Biid defend Giannis. Let Giannis shoot.

If Giannis gets 100pts off shooting jumpers, then live with the result

If Brolo posts Tobi, then deny the entry pass. Once Brolo gets the ball, double and rotate until the time expires.

To end the 3rd. Thybulle was on Giannis. D12 had to protect the paint. When bucks passed the ball to portis (D12’s man) portis was open for 3. Why?

D12 should have been on Giannis.

Giannis is a center. Bucks just likes to trick you to think he’s not. And if you do, they will punish you. Put your center on Giannis and sag off him.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#124 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:30 pm

Big difference between Giannis and Ben is not skill or mentality. Giannis is just FREAKISHLY long, ben is not freakishly tall and have an average wingspan relative to his height. And after considering that, Giannis just have way better shooting touch in the paint and outside the paint.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#125 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:57 pm

Mentality is also a big difference, let's not kid ourselves. Yeah, nobody is saying Ben can be the finisher that Giannis is inside the paint, but the issue is that he barely tries to attack the rim, nowhere near the amount he should attempt considering his talent.
Also, it is not all about length, Zion has average length and finds a way to be elite finisher on high volume, obviously he is a different beast in the way he contorts his body mid-air and all that, but the point is, Simmons is a mismatch 90% of the time against his defender but is not interested in trying hard to score. I am tired of people always looking for a "talent" reason, a thing he can do nothing about, on why Ben is not a good scorer. He is absolutely capable of at least being a good scorer.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
76ciology
RealGM

Post#126 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:16 pm

If Ben keeps driving he’d be like Westbrook on offense where he can pad 20+pts but on low TS%. It wont be winning basketball and it would drive embiid out of the city like KD in OKC.

You can’t keep driving to the lane unless you have some godly size of zion or godly length of Giannis. Ben doesnt have that. Thats why you see him frequently short armed his dunks.

Ben is a cerebral player ON THE COURT (just not on offseason). And this is what I appreciate from him. He plays within a role that he think would help the team.

If he jack up 3s like what the fans are telling him, he’d end up a career like Josh Smith.

If Ben can score at will with his slashing ability, he would have done it already.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#127 » by DCasey91 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:57 pm

I think Ben’s added bulk has mitigated a lot of movement (Rookie year he looked a lot more fluid even without the great/Length/Touch deceleration factor). It makes sense to guard bigger bodies but the thing is I don’t think he needs the added weight at all. If it’s interior big guys it should be Embiid’s job. We have Green/Thybulle/Howard our defense is fine.
It’ll help out his offensive scoring/facilitating game imo.

In College the offense moved through him like a big man. It’s how we should utilize him.
The dunkers spot is a no bring it out to just before the free throw line central he gets there anyway but he passes it out instead of passing it dangerous spots and that only works if Embiid sits/out. Wing is a no no unless he shoots the three which he doesn’t that’s fine, both cut off key offensive sets to the team. Park him at the top of the key and use him as a old school big that sets screens/rolls and makes plays from there (M. Gasol)? I mean there’s enough footage of that to make it work with both. High wing PNR with both for me will work. Bully way into prime spots (Central for Ben, Embiid 1v1 post) double, Ben has the entry pass/jumpshot/ shooters and he’ll make the best decision for the team hands down.

All in all your going to get limited returns on Ben’s individual offensive game it’s just how he’s built. Supersized (Height) dude. What’s most disappointing that can’t be ignored is he never bothered to upskill his big man repertoire (Hook/floater). It supersedes the length problem. He’s definitely a righty that’s so obvious to me.

Fact is Ben is more productive with Embiid out but only pre all star.

He still has great value on this team, team offensive wise. Best passer, best transition player, sometimes the best playmaker in the post easily because Embiid centric offense too has very limited returns because you can’t play ultra old offense without the modern output (threes). We’ve seen it so clearly the past few games & add on extremely high turnovers because Embiid is still a ways away from being a Hakeem lvl passer (where I have him grading out but once again less space and way less mobile, 3/4 shot clock offense for 2 points).

Ben generates the teams highest dividend for us (3) by a mile.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#128 » by Bum Adebayo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:54 am

76ciology wrote:If Ben keeps driving he’d be like Westbrook on offense where he can pad 20+pts but on low TS%. It wont be winning basketball and it would drive embiid out of the city like KD in OKC.

You can’t keep driving to the lane unless you have some godly size of zion or godly length of Giannis. Ben doesnt have that. Thats why you see him frequently short armed his dunks.

Ben is a cerebral player ON THE COURT (just not on offseason). And this is what I appreciate from him. He plays within a role that he think would help the team.

If he jack up 3s like what the fans are telling him, he’d end up a career like Josh Smith.

If Ben can score at will with his slashing ability, he would have done it already.

Oh he can score much better than he has shown thus far, it's just that he prefers to attack much less and defer to others. The main reasons are that he doesn't have an attacking mentality in general, and that he doesn't like to shoot FT in particular. Dude is a mental midget so prefers to give the ball to other players so it's them who "fail at scoring" instead of him.
Shooting much more could net ugly results. Driving like Westbrook would net very good results, because he is a much bigger mismatch than Westbrook.
Besides, there is also the all star thing, he plays much better the month before all star, it is also a motivation thing the reason why he tries to score less.
Great takes since 2024-04-20

Return to Philadelphia 76ers