ImageImageImage

Welcome Tyrese Maxey!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#581 » by DCasey91 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:03 pm

76ciology wrote:I think eventually Morey packages Maxey, Reed and Milton picks (with one of Ben or Tobi) for a big star. Something like the package he sent for Harden (picks, jeremy lamb and kevin martin). Just have to groom those three guys. If we wont be able to trade them, might as well make them productive to help us win.

I just dont see Morey’s style building something like the Spurs did with a collective group of good players playing good chemistry. It rarely works anyway.

I see our current team as a transition team and far from the final product he envisions.

Nobody can predict the future so we both can be wrong.

Spurs had great players, Tim Duncan, Parker, Manu
You’re contending for a heck of long time with that core they compliment each other so well.

We have Embiid just pair him up with the correct players got to stop stuffing around.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#582 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 am

DCasey91 wrote:
76ciology wrote:I think eventually Morey packages Maxey, Reed and Milton picks (with one of Ben or Tobi) for a big star. Something like the package he sent for Harden (picks, jeremy lamb and kevin martin). Just have to groom those three guys. If we wont be able to trade them, might as well make them productive to help us win.

I just dont see Morey’s style building something like the Spurs did with a collective group of good players playing good chemistry. It rarely works anyway.

I see our current team as a transition team and far from the final product he envisions.

You’re contending for a heck of long time with that core they compliment each other so well.

We have Embiid just pair him up with the correct players got to stop stuffing around.

Im open to all possibilities.

But I dont think Morey would prefer a “spurs” built unless he is left with no choice IMO. He seems to prefer the “lakers” model of having two all time great players to lead a team. If my memory serves me right, he talked about this on a podcast with woj back then.

For the mean time, I still see him coming up with a good package on the side and waiting for a right deal to strike (steph? Giannis? Kawhi?).
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#583 » by Arsenal » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:30 am

76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

But I dont think Morey would prefer a “spurs” built unless he is left with no choice IMO. He seems to prefer the “lakers” model of having two all time great players to lead a team. If my memory serves me right, he talked about this on a podcast with woj back then.

For the mean time, I still see him coming up with a good package on the side and waiting for a right deal to strike (steph? Giannis? Kawhi?).

Daryl Morey doesn't "prefer" anything except winning. Common misconception.

If he thinks Spurs model gives us the best chance to win titles, he'll do that.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#584 » by Arsenal » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:32 am

We're similar to the Spurs model right now.

1 All-Time Great Superstar
2 Quasi-stars
Good depth

If things go well this year, Morey will have no problem sticking with this plan.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#585 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:52 am

Arsenal wrote:We're similar to the Spurs model right now.

1 All-Time Great Superstar
2 Quasi-stars
Good depth

If things go well this year, Morey will have no problem sticking with this plan.

Yeah that’s the route I’m thinking we are going to take, the superstars as far as I can tell have been moved along for the time being (Kawhi is a maybe I guess in theory, Curry/Giannis/ etc I think are non options for trades). Only chance to hit is in the draft (Hint hint Green lol I’m all in on him).
As long as the second option fits perfectly with Embiid we should be right there for true contention imo
CJ should def be in the wheelhouse. Consistently scores well in a playoff environment (outperformed Lillard some games/stretches).
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,484

Post#586 » by elchengue20 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:47 pm

The problem is the Spurs had perfect fit. They played some of the most perfect team ball the league has ever seen.

We have some big question marks, specially in the halfcourt offense.

Also, Manu and Parker had a killer instinct that probably you don't have in Ben and Tobias. They were really underated players.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#587 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:

Again, its a possibility.

But years of sample size say he prefers building around two all time great players
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#588 » by TTP » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:53 pm

76ciology wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
76ciology wrote:

But years of sample size say he prefers building around two all time great players

Do you really think if he had the chance to have 3, he'd turn it down?
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#589 » by 76ciology » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:04 pm

TTP wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Do you really think if he had the chance to have 3, he'd turn it down?

3? Morey love jacking up those 3s.

8-)
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#590 » by rzzzzz » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:17 pm

76ciology wrote:

8-)

If Maxey can keep them outside shots off the dribble dropping, will Doc love Maxey jacking up those 3s anytime soon? Or is there too much other stuff still on the learning curve to let him off the leash in this year’s playoffs?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#591 » by 76ciology » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:41 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
76ciology wrote:

8-)

If Maxey can keep them outside shots off the dribble dropping, will Doc love Maxey jacking up those 3s anytime soon? Or is there too much other stuff still on the learning curve to let him off the leash in this year’s playoffs?

Yes both morey and doc will if Maxey “keep those outside shots off the dribble dropping”.

I find that the FO puts a lot of value on players who can generate extra possessions (deflections) and players with high points per shot.

So we dont really care if you take those mid range as long as you make them at a high clip.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#592 » by TTP » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:25 pm

rzzzzz wrote:
76ciology wrote:

8-)

No chance Maxey is playing meaningful minutes in the playoffs outside of garbage time. We've been awful with him on the floor this year. His outside shots haven't even been dropping lately - he's 4-22 from 3 this month.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant

Post#593 » by rzzzzz » Sun May 9, 2021 3:18 am

TTP wrote:No chance Maxey is playing meaningful minutes in the playoffs outside of garbage time. We've been awful with him on the floor this year. His outside shots haven't even been dropping lately - he's 4-22 from 3 this month.

A week later we’ve had Doc’s encouraging words. More floor time and now tonight’s start. An opportunity he made the most of.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#594 » by the_process » Sun May 9, 2021 3:45 am

Might have only been against DET, but Maxey getting to line 7 times tonight (and making 6) is extremely promising progress.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#595 » by 76ciology » Sun May 9, 2021 6:23 am

After being sat out for a handful of games. This kid bounced back into a better shooter and doing a better job getting to the line? He’s done more player development in a month than Ben did for 4 years
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant

Post#596 » by rzzzzz » Sun May 9, 2021 1:11 pm

76ciology wrote:After being sat out for a handful of games. This kid bounced back into a better shooter and doing a better job getting to the line? He’s done more player development in a month than Ben did for 4 years

I think that this may be the first off season where the new coaching staff can help him develop an effective close range game. But I fear he will never be comfortable shooting the long jumper with the left hand.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#597 » by Kobblehead » Sun May 9, 2021 1:37 pm

In 7 starts this season, Maxey is averaging 17 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.6 assists.

He's only 20 so he obviously lacks winning play savviness, but he's still our best perimeter talent. At this point, it's a must that he play a 20 minute per game role in the playoffs. We have to give ourselves a chance to score in the halfcourt against good teams.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#598 » by 76ciology » Sun May 9, 2021 4:05 pm

Kobblehead wrote:In 7 starts this season, Maxey is averaging 17 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.6 assists.

He's only 20 so he obviously lacks winning play savviness, but he's still our best perimeter talent. At this point, it's a must that he play a 20 minute per game role in the playoffs. We have to give ourselves a chance to score in the halfcourt against good teams.

Maybe make him the first guy off the bench to sub Seth. Then let Seth play with Milton, both seems to play well together.

GHill as primary sub for either Ben or Tobi.

Maxey is like a crypto currency with how volatile he is. Im FOMO’ing the maxey token right now :lol:

If maxey is Doge, Kobble would be Elon.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,811

Post#599 » by Stanford » Sun May 9, 2021 4:28 pm

76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:In 7 starts this season, Maxey is averaging 17 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.6 assists.

Maybe make him the first guy off the bench to sub Seth. Then let Seth play with Milton, both seems to play well together.

Maxey is like a crypto currency with how volatile he is. Im FOMO’ing the maxey token right now :lol:

And playoff basketball is SNL
76ciology
RealGM

Post#600 » by 76ciology » Sun May 9, 2021 5:41 pm

Stanford wrote:
76ciology wrote:

And playoff basketball is SNL

It’s gonna pop the bubble :lol:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers