How to neutralize super teams

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

How to neutralize super teams 

Post#1 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:37 pm

I have been grounded from the General board so I’ll post this idea here for now.

What if in the Conference finals and finals they did 60 minute games, you become more reliant on your bench and team building, super teams wouldn’t have as much juice. This makes it more fair for teams such as Utah, Denver, Phoenix, Philly, etc. Thoughts?
Ingles is cooked.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,017

Re: How to neutralize super teams 

Post#2 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:37 pm

GobertReport wrote:I have been grounded from the General board so I’ll post this idea here for now.

What if in the Conference finals and finals they did 60 minute games, you become more reliant on your bench and team building, super teams wouldn’t have as much juice. This makes it more fair for teams such as Utah, Denver, Phoenix, Philly, etc. Thoughts?

In a league that lives/survives off of superstar players, this has zero chance of ever becoming a thing. Maybe baby steps starting with non-biased officiating (I think much better since Stern days).
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:51 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
GobertReport wrote:I have been grounded from the General board so I’ll post this idea here for now.

In a league that lives/survives off of superstar players, this has zero chance of ever becoming a thing. Maybe baby steps starting with non-biased officiating (I think much better since Stern days).

The league survives off of entertainment, have a longer halftime time. I agree though, baby steps.
Ingles is cooked.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#4 » by vryadli » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:02 am

I think big market advantages will work even stronger in attracting second-tier players.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#5 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:32 pm

Big market teams? We should worry more about T wolves. Had a bad feeling before game started and Jazz put up 40 and I thought maybe we'd be okay. Then second quarter and I'm thinking this will be a loss. Jazz need to play like they're ten point behind every game and the whole game. Better learn Jazz or this season will become just another losing season.

Return to Utah Jazz