ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,181

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1681 » by ProcessDoctor » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:49 pm

If we trade Ben for CJ, I want Covington and multiple picks back.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,403

Post#1682 » by Eyeamok » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:06 pm

Just so we are all on the same page. Without Morey we do know that the 76ers would have traded for Victor Oladipo right?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,796

Post#1683 » by zimpy27 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:50 am

Would the 76ers be interested in trading Simmons to the Wolves for a package that doesn't include KAT+DLo?

What would a fair deal look like? I was thinking Rubio+FRPs in combination with Edwards or Beasley and other players.

I think this could make sense for Philly in that they get some aspects of Simmons game covered by Rubio while bringing in a starting guard, depth and quality picks.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1684 » by sixers4real » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:58 am

zimpy27 wrote:Would the 76ers be interested in trading Simmons to the Wolves for a package that doesn't include KAT+DLo?

What would a fair deal look like? I was thinking Rubio+FRPs in combination with Edwards or Beasley and other players.

I think this could make sense for Philly in that they get some aspects of Simmons game covered by Rubio while bringing in a starting guard, depth and quality picks.

That won’t make our team better. This is stars league, Morey knows it. I’d guess he only trade Simmons for a star/superstar (Lillard, Beal or some)
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,396

Post#1685 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:32 am

zimpy27 wrote:Would the 76ers be interested in trading Simmons to the Wolves for a package that doesn't include KAT+DLo?

If only KAT and Biid doesnt have an issue, I’d go hard for KAT. I think KAT and Biid can be a good duo.

Ben is a great fit for DLo and KAT. Always been. I believe those three are also close friends.

Personally, I’m OK for an Edwards for Simmons trade and a couple of pick swap options. Value wise.

Then I wont be surprised if we find a third team (i.e. for Beal) to ship Edwards and also could see us hold unto him.

The real issue for me is Edwards is still a wildcard for now, although i like what im seeing from him. I find he’s still a couple of seasons away from being a player we need. And Biid is a drama queen when it comes to guys he wants on the team.

Say we have Edwards next season and he continues to shoot with these percentages and we start losing, Biid may call it a season and may eventually ask for a trade.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#1686 » by sixers4real » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:05 pm

76ciology wrote:

If only KAT and Biid doesnt have an issue, I’d go hard for KAT. I think KAT and Biid can be a good duo.

Ben is a great fit for DLo and KAT. Always been. I believe those three are also close friends.

Personally, I’m OK for an Edwards for Simmons trade and a couple of pick swap options. Value wise.

Then I wont be surprised if we find a third team (i.e. for Beal) to ship Edwards and also could see us hold unto him.

The real issue for me is Edwards is still a wildcard for now, although i like what im seeing from him. I find he’s still a couple of seasons away from being a player we need. And Biid is a drama queen when it comes to guys he wants on the team.

Say we have Edwards next season and he continues to shoot with these percentages and we start losing, Biid may call it a season and may eventually ask for a trade.

What? Did I miss something?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1687 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:17 pm

sixers4real wrote:
76ciology wrote:

He lost his “joy” last season when we traded two of his the guys who he is close to and plays well with in JJ and Jimmy.

Nothing new. Every superstar player on the league is like that.

During the season I was not myself,” Embiid said on Redick’s The Old Man and the Three podcast. “I just wasn’t comfortable. The offense wasn’t the same, basketball was not the same to me. The way things happened last summer, it was just so frustrating, so I was kind of mad at the whole world and I was just like, ‘Eh, whatever. I’m just coming to work and I’m going to do my best,’ but I wasn’t playing up to my standards.”

“I didn’t do that as much this year because there was a lot going on,” he said. “From last summer going into this season, not being myself, not dominating as I usually do — there was just no passion. I just played without it. I think I got used to it. And then, finally, when I decided to react because they booed me, I shushed them and they got mad.

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers4real
Veteran

Post#1688 » by sixers4real » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:23 pm

76ciology wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
76ciology wrote:

He lost his “joy” last season when we traded two of his the guys who he is close to and plays well with in JJ and Jimmy.

During the season I was not myself,” Embiid said on Redick’s The Old Man and the Three podcast. “I just wasn’t comfortable. The offense wasn’t the same, basketball was not the same to me. The way things happened last summer, it was just so frustrating, so I was kind of mad at the whole world and I was just like, ‘Eh, whatever. I’m just coming to work and I’m going to do my best,’ but I wasn’t playing up to my standards.”

That’s hardly a drama queen.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1689 » by 76ciology » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:27 pm

sixers4real wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers4real wrote:What? Did I miss something?

That’s hardly a drama queen.

For me, yes.

Part of being professional is doing your best and not being carried away with your emotions. Not doing your best is unfair for your teammates and for the organization who’s spending a year of their careers.

The definition is subjective.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,693

Post#1690 » by the_process » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:27 am

Deal could make sense if the Sixers can use the Minnesota package to bring in a big time perimeter scorer.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1691 » by zimpy27 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:41 am

the_process wrote:

Deal could make sense if the Sixers can use the Minnesota package to bring in a big time perimeter scorer.

MIN get Simmons
WAS get Rubio + Edwards + '24 MIN FRP
PHI get Beal
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1692 » by 76ciology » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:54 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
the_process wrote:

MIN get Simmons
PHI get Beal

I’d do it.

I can also package Beal and other assets (picks and young players) for upgrade in the future (i.e. steph or giannis asks to be traded).
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,693

Post#1693 » by the_process » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:04 am

zimpy27 wrote:
the_process wrote:

MIN get Simmons
PHI get Beal

Don’t know if that’s enough for Washington, and it certainly seems light as to what Minny is giving up. But the idea is solid.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1694 » by zimpy27 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:34 am

the_process wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
the_process wrote:

MIN get Simmons
PHI get Beal

Don’t know if that’s enough for Washington, and it certainly seems light as to what Minny is giving up. But the idea is solid.

It would be, Edwards looks terrific, may be even an overpay by Minny.

I'd probably tweak trade to this:
MIN get Simmons
WAS get Hill + Edwards + '24 MIN FRP
PHI get Rubio + Beal

Rubio, Beal, Thybulle, Harris, Embiid
Curry, Maxey, Milton, Reed
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,791

Post#1695 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:01 pm

It's pretty incredible that Edwards landed in Minnesota considering he's Wiggins the second
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#1696 » by Kobblehead » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:29 pm

I need my #1 perimeter option to be a slasher. Edwards is more of a mid-range and out guy off the dribble. We need BI. Simmons for Ingram and it's game over NBA.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#1697 » by DCasey91 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:37 pm

Potential deals that I’m eyeing off

Ben straight for pick that is Green in this year’s draft (For now and potentially after Embiid. If you think he’s going to be a superstud anything after pick 2 is gold).

CJ for Thybulle and our late first plus Harris, with Covington coming back as well. They get a pick and a great defensive piece along with a better fit in Harris, Shed some contracts and have assets for a rebuild. Got to give up something to get something.
Thybulle is a great defender but needs a huge offensive offset just to have him on the floor. Lillard provides that Lillard/Thybulle looks much better for them, Hill/CJ and Ben as cover looks much better for us.
Move Ben to his correct position (4).

Hill
CJ
Covington
Simmons
Embiid

Milton/Curry 6th man (Maxey isn’t ready)
Goga

I like this more a lot. Way more balance and only need 2 depth options which we may have or can get quite easily.

Also I’m only keeping one of Milton/Curry/Maxey
Maxey/Milton/Curry is an overload on one position. Make a direct decision and get future assets back if not going for a superstar deal (can’t quite see a realistic one outside of Beal). If Beal is available move the chips in and hope for the best. I’d go Goga for one of our young pieces without a second thought. There’s our legit backup center, problem that we’ve had for years solved. Young and is way under utilized/undervalued by my est. perfect player to get that will favour us in the long run over overlapping players. Perfect age bracket too. I mean more playing time alone even now = more production. Will get plenty of time here also as a starter when Embiid as always misses games.

The hardest part (Top ten, Superstar build around is done) we’ve made the easier part 10x more difficult than it has to be. I still like Ben and Harris for that matter but not when you have a legimate championship starting point in Embiid. It doesn’t come around often, so don’t squander that opportunity that we’ve been doing for far too long!
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1698 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 am

Kobblehead wrote:I need my #1 perimeter option to be a slasher. Edwards is more of a mid-range and out guy off the dribble. We need BI. Simmons for Ingram and it's game over NBA.

Yeah. Such a shame this zion kid just cant shoot.

Ingram and Embiid would be my dream. Either one can step out and have the length to rotate and protect the rim. You then can switch every two man game involving a big.

Then both have superior length over their defenders that allows you to have go to option down the stretch.

Best of all, if Embiid is not knocking down his jumpers, he can bully ball unlike right now where Ben and his man are clogging the paint.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1699 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:05 am

A hot take Ben Simmons trade I’d also do is Ben for Julius Randle. Not my number option out there but its a deal i’d consider.

Julius Randle is 11th on WAR at 7.2 (Biid is 10th at 7.6)
Julius Randle is a scorer and can shoot.
He also has shown a sign of upward trajectory on his development.

While I’d use Ben’s popularity and his defense to sell it to the Knicks and Thibs.

I’d trade my non moving stock for a momentum stock.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1700 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:13 am

Months ago i proposed a Love+Garland for Tobi+Shake.

I’d still do this deal.

I believe Love and Garland are two great fits for Ben and Biid.

Love can play the Dario Saric archetype that Ben loves. Someone to jack up 3s with reckless abandon to bail him out whenver he drives.

Garland is the Jj/Jimmy archetype that compliments Biid well.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers