ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1701 » by Rastas » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:17 am

76ciology wrote:A hot take Ben Simmons trade I’d also do is Ben for Julius Randle. Not my number option out there but its a deal i’d consider.

Julius Randle is 11th on WAR at 7.2 (Biid is 10th at 7.6)
Julius Randle is a scorer and can shoot.
He also has shown a sign of upward trajectory on his development.

While I’d use Ben’s popularity and his defense to sell it to the Knicks and Thibs.

I’d trade my non moving stock for a momentum stock.

Oh dear,
I'm sure NY would love to hear from you if your the Sixers GM with this offer.

Also I think Ben will also be happy.

Unfortunately Philly management are not so dumb.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#1702 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:23 am

Rastas wrote:
76ciology wrote:A hot take Ben Simmons trade I’d also do is Ben for Julius Randle. Not my number option out there but its a deal i’d consider.

While I’d use Ben’s popularity and his defense to sell it to the Knicks and Thibs.

Oh dear,

This comment of yours IMO is a sign that this is a good deal for both sides. And I could possibly even ask for a pick swap.

I do think im getting more real value for perceived value in this deal. This is based on putting more value on recent value and projected future value. An arbitrage now and possible robbery later.

I dont speak with certainty im just saying im open on this deal.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1703 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:29 am

Randle will never be as good as Ben on defense.
Ben will never be as good as Randle on offense.

Offense is lopsidedly more valued than defense, while Randle shows a clear upward trajectory on his development (on his way to win MIP).

Sixers need a scorer (Randle is averaging 23ppg 46-40-80), and with Embiid-Thybulle, there’s less need for defense. This should fill a hole on a bigger team need.

Knicks is delusional with putting a lot of value on popularity and defense, and i’ll punish them for that in this deal.

Given what I know now. I’d likely regret passing up this deal than regret doing this deal.

Just be open. No certainty. Just saying its a possible deal
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Rastas
Starter

Post#1704 » by Rastas » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:31 am

76ciology wrote:
Rastas wrote:

Oh dear,

This comment of yours IMO is a sign that this is a good deal for both sides. And I could possibly even ask for a pick swap.

I do think im getting more real value for perceived value in this deal. This is based on putting more value on recent value and projected future value. An arbitrage now and possibly a steal later.

I'd be happy with it.

I'm a self confessed Simmons band wagoner so I would just thank Philly for all the great and challenging times and move on.

Both Ben and Jo play best occupying a similar position on the court so makes sense to move one.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1705 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:37 am

Rastas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Rastas wrote:
Oh dear,

I do think im getting more real value for perceived value in this deal. This is based on putting more value on recent value and projected future value. An arbitrage now and possibly a steal later.

I'd be happy with it.

I'm a self confessed Simmons band wagoner so I would just thank Philly for all the great and challenging times and move on.

Both Ben and Jo play best occupying a similar position on the court so makes sense to move one.

On this aspect.

Yes, and Ben will be happy finally escaping the shadow of Embiid. I believe he always wants to be a franchise player. I do think he see himself bigger than what he is right now. Thibs and the Knicks will appreciate Ben for his defense.

Dont get me wrong. Both Biid and Ben are good fit in most aspects. But they are not a good fit on some aspects, whereas I also find just as important.

Such as situations where Biid has to play bully ball and Ben and his man are clogging the paint or Ben not being able to carry the 2nd unit or unable to allow Biid for longer load management (team needs for his career longevity).

While Randle can space the floor for Biid. Randle also looks to be able to carry THE OFFENSE of a not so talented team, this may allow Sixers to allow longer load management for Biid while signing a cheap defensive C like D12, Noel or Gafford. Then having 3 20ppg scorers in Embiid, Tobi and Randle could make the team a formidable force in crunch time. Randle also maximizes the value of both Maxey (less need to be a great shooter) and Thybulle.

Just be open. I could be wrong and Ben can turn out to be an all time great scorer eventually. But right now, based on current data/situation and projected value, I’m open for this deal.
Rastas
Starter

Post#1706 » by Rastas » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:44 am

76ciology wrote:
Rastas wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I'd be happy with it.

On this aspect.

Yes, and Ben will be happy finally escaping the shadow of Embiid. I believe he always wants to be a franchise player. I do think he see himself bigger than what he is right now. Thibs and the Knicks will appreciate Ben for his defense.

Dont get me wrong. Both Biid and Ben are good fit in most aspects. But they are not a good fit on some aspects, whereas I also find just as important.

Such as situations where Biid has to play bully ball and Ben and his man are clogging the paint or Ben not being able to carry the 2nd unit or unable to allow Biid for longer load management (team needs for his career longevity).

While Randle can space the floor for Biid. Randle also looks to be able to carry THE OFFENSE of a not so talented team, this may allow Sixers to allow longer load management for Biid while signing a cheap defensive C like D12, Noel or Gafford. Then having 3 20ppg scorers in Embiid, Tobi and Randle could make the team a formidable force in crunch time.

Just be open. I could be wrong and Ben can turn out to be an all time great scorer eventually. But right now, based on current data/situation and projected value, I’m open for this deal.

Only problems with your trade are -
Sixers management will want more and Randle and Tobi play similar roles and positions.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1707 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:47 am

One of the biggest problem of this team is the big drop in +/- when Biid is off the bench.

We try to solve this issue at the C spot. We started with Amir (known to be an analytic miracle), then we overpaid with Al (kinda solved it but he’s overpaid) and finally with D12. I just think it’s the wrong approach. Because you’re trying to replicate the impact of an all time great player in Biid.

Maybe what we need is someone who can carry a team’s offense. So a guy like Amir Johnson is sufficient enough.

This type of players are considered to be franchise players. Why? Because offense is overpowered. And if you can carry an offense, thats when you can carry a team.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1708 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:50 am

Rastas wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Rastas wrote:
I'd be happy with it.

On this aspect.

While Randle can space the floor for Biid. Randle also looks to be able to carry THE OFFENSE of a not so talented team, this may allow Sixers to allow longer load management for Biid while signing a cheap defensive C like D12, Noel or Gafford. Then having 3 20ppg scorers in Embiid, Tobi and Randle could make the team a formidable force in crunch time.

Only problems with your trade are -
Sixers management will want more and Randle and Tobi play similar roles and positions.

You’re right and its fine. Maybe sixers get a pick swap or two.

Then Tobi’s value is increasing so we may get some value for him. But I’d first try them out. I think it can work with some tweaks.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1709 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:58 am

Last, before I get too annoying.

You can run the same stuff of offense with Randle and Embiid.

It’s basically an initial action for a shooter then if that fails, the action turns into a position for the go to guy into a good 1v1 opportunity.

Seth or Tobi running off a screen, shoot it if open. If not, kick out to a guy then attack the close out. If not, then dump it to Biid.

Then when both are on the floor, the guard and randle can do some 2 man actions then if denied you can just dump the ball to Embiid.

Tobi plays as a pressure release valve in all this. He can be play randle’s role and Randle can play Embiid’s role when Biid is not playing.

Defense, im not too worried. First off, you always have Embiid. Then having a guy like Randle gives you a lot more options for a good defensive C (most cant shoot). Then you can just fill your roster with guys like Hill, Green and Thybulle who can play perimeter defense.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#1710 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:25 am

Harris + Hill + Maxey + FRP for CJ + Covington would be interesting. Is CJ a clear #2 scoring threat in the playoffs though?

Simmons(14)/Milton(24)/Curry(10)
McCollum(34)/Curry(14)
Green(28)/Thybulle(20)
Covington(28)/Simmons(20)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1711 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:37 pm

I’d only trade for CJ if he can go back to 18-19 version of himself. Right now, im not catching that falling knife.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,664

Post#1712 » by Negrodamus » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:03 pm

If we don’t make the finals, I’d trade Ben for S&T DeRozan and all the picks/swaps. Get a piece that fits and is determined to win while stocking up on good draft picks.

Doubt the Spurs do it, though.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#1713 » by the_process » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:40 pm

76ciology wrote:

Months ago i proposed a Love+Garland for Tobi+Shake.

I’d still do this deal.

I believe Love and Garland are two great fits for Ben and Biid.

Love can play the Dario Saric archetype that Ben loves. Someone to jack up 3s with reckless abandon to bail him out whenver he drives.

Garland is the Jj/Jimmy archetype that compliments Biid well.

I have my eyes on CLE for a blockbuster trade, definitely. Gilbert is the kind of owner that wants to win and doesn’t mind spending to do it. I have to imagine Ben Simmons and/or Tobias Harris would be very exciting to them. And besides Garland, Larry Nance Jr. would also look very nice in a Sixers uni.

Also, I would trade Simmons straight up to the team with #1 or #2. Cunningham or Green would be exactly what this team needs sooner rather than later.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1714 » by the_process » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:45 pm

76ciology wrote:Randle will never be as good as Ben on defense.

Offense is lopsidedly more valued than defense, while Randle shows a clear upward trajectory on his development (on his way to win MIP).

Sixers need a scorer (Randle is averaging 23ppg 46-40-80), and with Embiid-Thybulle, there’s less need for defense. This should fill a hole on a bigger team need.

Knicks is delusional with putting a lot of value on popularity and defense, and i’ll punish them for that in this deal.

Given what I know now. I’d likely regret passing up this deal than regret doing this deal.

Randle also likes to play in the same places as Biid.

You definitely cannot have a team with Julius Randle and Tobias Harris.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1715 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:17 pm

the_process wrote:
76ciology wrote:Randle will never be as good as Ben on defense.

Randle also likes to play in the same places as Biid.

You definitely cannot have a team with Julius Randle and Tobias Harris.

I hear you thats why its not my ideal trade, just something i would consider.

Aside from Randle having near the WAR numbers of Embiid and far better WAR numbers of Ben. And how Randle is universe away a better scorer than Ben.

Consider the spacing.

Average Distance of FGs
Ben: 4ft
Randle: 14ft
Biid and Tobi: both 12ft

I do think Randle wont clog the paint and would give you a lot better spacing than what Ben currently gives you.

I mean.. Jimmy’s average distance of FGs is just 9ft. So it doesnt make sense IMO to find that Randle playing in “same space with embiid” but not raising any concerns with Ben or Jimmy playing with Embiid.

Another thing is maybe we’re used to the old julius randle and old embiid. Both Julius Randle and Embiid have made a jump on their perimeter games.

Its just I find there are ways to tweak the structure to make it work on offense. Like maybe you can now insert Maxey or permanently insert GHill to compensate the play making ability. You can FINALLY have real life PGs running your offense where you can get more effective dribble drives.

If there’s any concern IMO, it’s on defense. Like I dont trust both Tobi and Randle’s defense. Specially on the same time. Another thing is pace.

And lastly, if you can get someone like Beal or Harden then you do it. It’s just that I dont find any real possible options right there right now that is better than this.

For instance, I see a lot of CJ trades. CJ is good back in 2018-2019. Right now, he’s a falling knife. He’s too risky right now and not that good for me to take that risk.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1716 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#1717 » by Kobblehead » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:38 pm

Randle is definitely better than Simmons
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Post#1718 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:07 pm

Randle being a better player than Simmons this season really tells you all you need to know about Simmons (bad, really bad). Simmons is clearly more talented than Randle, same with other young or fairly young players out there that entered the league being worse to much worse than Simmons was and is. But these players improved while Simmons is barely better compared to his rookie season, so now these players are better than him. He gets no sympathy from me at all.
Horrible takes since 2016
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,664

Post#1719 » by Negrodamus » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:12 pm

I'm not surprised that Randle is a very good player in the NBA, but he's taken it to another level than I thought. He was probably a top three pick in that draft imo. Liked him a lot more than Parker. Extremely aggressive and was the reason the Cats were as dominant as they were that year.

Felt like it would take him a few years to get comfortable, but this is crazy.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1720 » by the_process » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:08 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:Harris + Hill + Maxey + FRP for CJ + Covington would be interesting. Is CJ a clear #2 scoring threat in the playoffs though?

Simmons(14)/Milton(24)/Curry(10)
McCollum(34)/Curry(14)
Green(28)/Thybulle(20)
Covington(28)/Simmons(20)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Just make it Thybulle and Harris for Covington and McCollum. I think that's a good deal for both sides.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers