Warriors 14-17 FRP I like Jaden Springer, Davion Mitchell or Usman Garuba
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Re: 2021 Draft Prospects Thread: Send in what you find 

Post#342 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:48 pm

i think we have a strong opportunity to trade down in the first with our own pick, NY/Hou have multiple picks, in the 16-25 range, if they like someone at 13 (where we are picking right now) we might be able to nab two of their picks in that range.

say we land Mobley/Suggs with the Minny picks, trade down to Houston picks #19/#24 and take something like Jalen Johnson and Jared Butler.

if we come out of this draft with, say, Mobley/Suggs, Butler and Johnson i'd be doing cartwheels. head into next year with something like:

Steph / Butler
Klay / Poole / Jessup
Wiggy / Johnson / JTA
Dray / Paschall
Mobley / Loon

trade Wiseman for another wing type or a 22 first.

a lot of options for us in this class with possibly 2 picks, if Myers manages to screw this up i'm done.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,667

Post#343 » by WarriorGM » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:38 pm

clyde21 wrote:i think we have a strong opportunity to trade down in the first with our own pick, NY/Hou have multiple picks, in the 16-25 range, if they like someone at 13 (where we are picking right now) we might be able to nab two of their picks in that range.

say we land Mobley/Suggs with the Minny picks, trade down to Houston picks #19/#24 and take something like Jalen Johnson and Jared Butler.

if we come out of this draft with, say, Mobley/Suggs, Butler and Johnson i'd be doing cartwheels. head into next year with something like:

Steph / Butler
Klay / Poole / Jessup
Wiggy / Johnson / JTA
Dray / Paschall
Mobley / Loon

a lot of options for us in this class with possibly 2 picks, if Myers manages to screw this up i'm done.

Too many rookies to seriously contend next year?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#344 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:06 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
clyde21 wrote:i think we have a strong opportunity to trade down in the first with our own pick, NY/Hou have multiple picks, in the 16-25 range, if they like someone at 13 (where we are picking right now) we might be able to nab two of their picks in that range.

Steph / Butler
Klay / Poole / Jessup
Wiggy / Johnson / JTA
Dray / Paschall
Mobley / Loon

Too many rookies to seriously contend next year?

Butler was a 3 year starter at Baylor who played at the highest levels many games, he's ready to contribute day one, that's why I'm drafting him
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#345 » by wco81 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:00 pm

We talked about possibly drafting down last year.

For all we know they tried and had no takers. Or they tried to get the #2 pick too cheaply.

When was the last time we had several picks or some combo of assets and picks for a higher pick?

Dallas swapped FRPs with Hawks and gave them a future FRP to get the right to draft Luka but otherwise, I don't think teams with top 3 or 4 picks are trading them that often.

NFL seems to have a lot more trading activity because typically top picks in the NFL will play and be key starters.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,106

Post#346 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:19 am

With our pick slightly devaluing due to the recent winning, multiples of Moody, Bouknight, Springer, Keon Johnson, Giddey and Butler should be available at our time.

I like all of them, some more, some less. But I'd actually be ecstatic if Springer is a Warrior next season. Hugely underrated and just a tier below the usual top 5, IMHO.

I think he will be a great riser come workout time. Let's hope our number is enough to snag him come draft night.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#347 » by TB » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:57 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:With our pick slightly devaluing due to the recent winning, multiples of Moody, Bouknight, Springer, Keon Johnson, Giddey and Butler should be available at our time.

I like all of them, some more, some less. But I'd actually be ecstatic if Springer is a Warrior next season. Hugely underrated and just a tier below the usual top 5, IMHO.

I think he will be a great riser come workout time. Let's hope our number is enough to snag him come draft night.

I love Springer as well. If we keep our pick, would love for him to be there in the 15 range.

You mentioned Johnson, he's the guy I think people are sleeping on just because we haven't seen him play recently. To me he was always in his own tier after the top 5, a step ahead of Barnes, Bouknight, Moody, etc. If we get the Minny pick, but it drops to 6 or 7, that would be an amazing pick. I also think Johnson would be a great PF fit next to Wiseman if we end up keeping our young assets.

5 years from now, a Springer/Poole/Jessup/Johnson/Wiseman lineup could be pretty solid.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach

Post#348 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm

TB wrote:I love Springer as well. If we keep our pick, would love for him to be there in the 15 range.

You mentioned Johnson, he's the guy I think people are sleeping on just because we haven't seen him play recently. To me he was always in his own tier after the top 5, a step ahead of Barnes, Bouknight, Moody, etc. If we get the Minny pick, but it drops to 6 or 7, that would be an amazing pick. I also think Johnson would be a great PF fit next to Wiseman if we end up keeping our young assets.

5 years from now, a Springer/Poole/Jessup/Johnson/Wiseman lineup could be pretty solid.

Hey there TB, thanks for the convo.

Let's see if the status quo adjusts on our opinions about Springer. Tankathon has him #13 on their big board, and #28 on their mock draft. That's austoundingly low for him, I'm sure.

About Johnson, I didn't understand if you were talking about Keon or Jalen, because I wrote Keon in my previous post, but you said about him playing PF in yours, and I don't think Keon would be able to play as a small-ball 4 in today's NBA.

Regardless, I have Johnson as my clear #6 currently, as I said other times in this forum. I think if we are able to snag both JJ and Springer with both picks, that could be a franchise-altering move, bridging the gap towards another generation of contending.
TB
General Manager

Post#349 » by TB » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:
TB wrote:I love Springer as well. If we keep our pick, would love for him to be there in the 15 range.

Hey there TB, thanks for the convo.

Let's see if the status quo adjusts on our opinions about Springer. Tankathon has him #13 on their big board, and #28 on their mock draft. That's austoundingly low for him, I'm sure.

About Johnson, I didn't understand if you were talking about Keon or Jalen, because I wrote Keon in my previous post, but you said about him playing PF in yours, and I don't think Keon would be able to play as a small-ball 4 in today's NBA.

Regardless, I have Johnson as my clear #6 currently, as I said other times in this forum. I think if we are able to snag both JJ and Springer with both picks, that could be a franchise-altering move, bridging the gap towards another generation of contending.

Whoops totally blanked on Keon. I'm talking Jalen Johnson, playing PF next to Wiseman. I think he will provide enough playmaking in his prime that you can have more of a combo guard setup like Springer/Poole type players at PG. Especially if he has a couple years learning from Draymond.
TB
General Manager

Post#350 » by TB » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:41 pm

I'm all in on Jalen Green. Get lucky with the 4th/5th pick and him being available, or use Wiseman and the pick to move up for him. I think he's going to be a superstar.

Current top 10... changing often...

1. Jalen Green
2. Jalen Suggs
3. Cade Cunningham
4. Evan Mobley
5. Jonathan Kuminga
6. Jalen Johnson
7. James Bouknight
8. Alperen Sengun
9. Scottie Barnes
10. Jaden Springer
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#351 » by whatisacenter » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:00 pm

TB wrote:I'm all in on Jalen Green. Get lucky with the 4th/5th pick and him being available, or use Wiseman and the pick to move up for him. I think he's going to be a superstar.

1. Jalen Green
2. Jalen Suggs
3. Cade Cunningham
4. Evan Mobley
5. Jonathan Kuminga
6. Jalen Johnson
7. James Bouknight
8. Alperen Sengun
9. Scottie Barnes
10. Jaden Springer

wow. you have Jalen climbing to #1! I really like him as well and would love for the Warriors to end up at 4 with him still on the board. Unlike last year where the teams at the top of the draft were open for business I don't see any team that lands in the top 3 wanting to trade out or down this year.

You are also high on Sengun. Have you seen much of his play? I have only seen a little of his play and I worry about his quickness and athleticism. He is crafty like Jokic but I didn't see much of his handle and playmaking ability.
TB
General Manager

Post#352 » by TB » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
TB wrote:I'm all in on Jalen Green. Get lucky with the 4th/5th pick and him being available, or use Wiseman and the pick to move up for him. I think he's going to be a superstar.

1. Jalen Green
2. Jalen Suggs
3. Cade Cunningham
4. Evan Mobley
5. Jonathan Kuminga
6. Jalen Johnson
7. James Bouknight
8. Alperen Sengun
9. Scottie Barnes
10. Jaden Springer

wow. you have Jalen climbing to #1! I really like him as well and would love for the Warriors to end up at 4 with him still on the board. Unlike last year where the teams at the top of the draft were open for business I don't see any team that lands in the top 3 wanting to trade out or down this year.

You are also high on Sengun. Have you seen much of his play? I have only seen a little of his play and I worry about his quickness and athleticism. He is crafty like Jokic but I didn't see much of his handle and playmaking ability.

Agreed about the trade potential being low... maybe the 5 and Wiseman could move up for Green if its a team that has someone like Beal, or Antman, and its Mobley available at 5? I dunno, tough scenario.

As for Sengun, seems like I have him a little higher than most. But if he's a legit 6'10, I think he's a good starting center. Maybe that shouldn't be top 10... but he just strikes me as a center that will make smart, winning plays. I too have the concerns of quickness and size from a defensive standpoint. Style wise, he reminds me of Brad Miller or David West when he was playing center late in career. Hit jumpers, finish inside with good hands, make smart passes, be adequate at defense. I'd take that any day.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#353 » by whatisacenter » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:41 pm

I felt like Jalen Johnson had an underwhelming year at Duke last year but I am starting to think he might be a better pro than a college player. I was pretty excited about him coming out of HS but I didn't see a lot of his skills flash at Duke. I will be curious to see what team nabs him and how he turns out.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#354 » by Old_Blue » Sat May 1, 2021 2:02 am

Emoni Bates is likely entering the 2022 draft. As a Warriors fan, you've got to be pulling for Minny's pick to NOT convey to us this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/recruit-emoni-bates-decommits-michigan-state-college-basketball-nba-221306098.html
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#355 » by clyde21 » Sat May 1, 2021 2:10 am

Old_Blue wrote:Emoni Bates is likely entering the 2022 draft. As a Warriors fan, you've got to be pulling for Minny's pick to NOT convey to us this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/recruit-emoni-bates-decommits-michigan-state-college-basketball-nba-221306098.html

this doesn't mean he's entering the 22 draft, all this means is that instead of 1 year at Michigan St hell be in the G League just like Kuminga and Green just did...still likely the 23 draft unless the NBA changes the rules before then
clyde21
RealGM

Post#356 » by clyde21 » Sat May 1, 2021 2:11 am

whatisacenter wrote:I felt like Jalen Johnson had an underwhelming year at Duke last year but I am starting to think he might be a better pro than a college player. I was pretty excited about him coming out of HS but I didn't see a lot of his skills flash at Duke. I will be curious to see what team nabs him and how he turns out.

Jalen Johnson will be much better in the NBA, was completely misused at Duke by K

his biggest question marks are really attitude tbh...if that can be fixed he's a stud.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Post#357 » by Jester_ » Sat May 1, 2021 2:19 am

1. Jalen Green
2. Jalen Suggs
3. Cade Cunningham
4. Evan Mobley
5. Jonathan Kuminga
6. Jalen Johnson
7. James Bouknight
8. Alperen Sengun
9. Scottie Barnes
10. Jaden Springer

What's your argument for Suggs over Cade? Just curious
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#358 » by Old_Blue » Sat May 1, 2021 2:54 am

clyde21 wrote:
Old_Blue wrote:Emoni Bates is likely entering the 2022 draft. As a Warriors fan, you've got to be pulling for Minny's pick to NOT convey to us this year.

this doesn't mean he's entering the 22 draft, all this means is that instead of 1 year at Michigan St hell be in the G League just like Kuminga and Green just did...still likely the 23 draft unless the NBA changes the rules before then

My bad. I misread the reclassification rules.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#359 » by Onus » Sat May 1, 2021 4:55 pm

What are peoples thoughts on Filip Petrusev? Seems like a stretch big that has some defensive iq and solid touch and finishing
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
GSWFan1994
Head Coach

Post#360 » by GSWFan1994 » Sat May 1, 2021 6:43 pm

Onus wrote:What are peoples thoughts on Filip Petrusev? Seems like a stretch big that has some defensive iq and solid touch and finishing

I like him and think he's a definite 1st round pick, in the 18-22 range I guess.

Nothing against him, it's just a matter of simply having better players ahead.

For instance, the difference between him and Sengun is somewhat considerable, IMHO.

Just a comparison between similar playstyles & production.

Return to Golden State Warriors